Possibly the hardest game I've ever played...

64-Bit Nintendo Machine

64 Bits of Power!
The Japanese version of NES Open Tournament Golf is very difficult. Unlike the North American version, the goal is to finish all five courses. There are no tournaments, Steve and Mark are absent and the game is harder.

Here's why it's hard:
1. Scoring limits: In order to finish a course, you'll have to score under the limit. Should you go over, you'll have to restart the course from the beginning.
The limits are: 18 for Japan, 12 for Australia, 8 for France, 4 for Hawaii, and 2 for England.
2. Downright NASTY course design: Some holes take into account extreme precision, long hole length, and astronomical luck. Hole#10 of England is a good example: You'll have to hit the ball across the water to reach the green, go too short and you fall in the water, go too long and you fall in the water. Coupled with the score limits means that one mistake can fuck up the entire run faster than you can say "Oh".

All in all, the Japanese version of NES Open Golf is only recommended if you've had intensive practice with golf games.

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels - While I haven't played the original, I have played it in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, and the levels are really frustrating. I had to use restore points all the time, and sometimes, I just got stuck cause I had no idea what to do. It feels like these levels weren't even made by Nintendo because of how hard the levels are and how similar the game is to the original Super Mario Bros. It kinda feels like a kaizo version.

for me the hardest games are super mario bros the lost levels and zelda ii: the adventure of link

Personally, Geometry Dash is extremely tough because it resulted in the most troublesome aspects of an autorunner and a rhythm game. Its death system is more reminiscent to an endless runner where getting hit once is a cause for repeating the whole thing, and worse: the game is designed to have zero checkpoints. The rhythm aspect means that the level is based around the music played, but the game has a lot of different elements so it's not easy to keep track of the complexity in one level. It's one of the few games that I completely gave up on because completing the game-given levels is just not worth the trouble.

Thank you for reading.

Personally, Geometry Dash is extremely tough because it resulted in the most troublesome aspects of an autorunner and a rhythm game. Its death system is more reminiscent to an endless runner where getting hit once is a cause for repeating the whole thing, and worse: the game is designed to have zero checkpoints. The rhythm aspect means that the level is based around the music played, but the game has a lot of different elements so it's not easy to keep track of the complexity in one level. It's one of the few games that I completely gave up on because completing the game-given levels is just not worth the trouble.

Thank you for reading.

I actually did beat all base game levels in GD, and they're actually not that hard by the standards of an average player of today, funnily enough. Not easily winnable but far from extremely hard and near impossible.

Crash Bandicoot 1-3: I've only played the N-Sane Trilogy versions of these games and they're quite hard.

I have managed to collect all but four of the clear gems in CB2, I've cleared up to Lights Out in CB1, and I'm working on 3.

100%ing Sonic & All-Stars Transformed is as hard as nails. One of the harder racing games I've played.

I actually did beat all base game levels in GD, and they're actually not that hard by the standards of an average player of today, funnily enough. Not easily winnable but far from extremely hard and near impossible.
I figured that if I invested more time into it I might be better at it, but the thing is, I am not in a mood for devoting time to just one game to beat every level since this is not the only game I have. I also found getting the three collectibles to be worse because it has to be collected in a completed run to count (although I think you don't have to collect all in one go).

Thank you for reading.

New Super Mario Bros U isn't a hard game, but the challenges in that game are something else. Some of them are incredibly difficult, and I love spiciness in my video games, so I really like this mode.

i really have no idea what the hardest game ive played is but rayman origins can and will kick your ass sometimes especially if you havent had enough practice. and even thats not really hard!
..gonzagogl, a spore prototype, ive hardly tried to play without the "avatar runs motives sim" being off, but from what i remember of having done so its just kinda unfair. look at these cyan triangles running over to you to kick your ass and you can just hardly fight back. and its just kinda hard to fight in general with your energy depleting so quickly

Minecraft in hardcore mode. I mean you can't regenerate hearts plus if you die you cant respawn resulting the player having to make a new world.

Yeesh... hardest play style, hardest to get to the final boss, or hardest to %100?

I am currently playing Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 alongside Paper Mario, and I gotta say at first I thought from the first few maps that it was going to be a normal FE experience...

It's not

The enemies suck, yes, and not much combat is required to beat all maps. However, your primary objective is to S U R V I V E and that is easier said than done with maps specifically designed to screw you over. But you know what? I like it. The game has excellent gameplay-to-story integration, as you are, after all, but a small rebel force hopelessly trying to escape the Empire's clutches whilealso doing so classic hit-n-run on them. And you have some pretty good units too. Granted tho, some things are outright bullshit (Like recruiting Misha, ugh... rip Pegasus Knight I could've used) and the fatigue system in this game make it so that you can't use the same people all the time, which is honestly understandable and adds a new layer of strategy in some cases, since if you need this character to recruit someone then you're gonna refrain from using them in the map right before, but sometimes that can also screw you over when only your best units get fatigued.

But, I have accepted the challenge. I will beat this game. Despite the difficulty I'm still having a blast.

Minecraft in hardcore mode. I mean you can't regenerate hearts plus if you die you cant respawn resulting the player having to make a new world.
do you mean ultra hard core

creative = have the menu so you can get almost any item whenever you want, can fly, invulnerable, often alongside cheats
spectator = can't interact with the world in any way, you are invisible and invulnerable and phase through all blocks (but get x-ray when you do so)
survivial = have hearts and can die and hunger, can interact with world but can't fly or pass through blocks, need to obtain items
(legit) survival = survival in vanilla, no plugins or mods or whatnot, no cheats, no tampering with the save files in unintended ways, default world type. usually also no duping items or other majorly advantageous glitches
hardcore = legit survival but if you die you cannot continue the survival experience - you may only observe your world, or delete it
ultra hardcore = hardcore with no natural regeneration - can only recover hearts through potions, golden apples, totems of undying, or a few other items, but most food items won't help
half-heart ultra hardcore = ultra hardcore but you must reduce your health to half a heart before doing anything else, e.g. building a dirt pillar and falling of 23 blocks
no damage ultra hardcore = half-heart ultra hardcore but you're not allowed to recover health in any way either.

i have tried all of these variants of hardcore and i testify, none of them are as hard as smb:tll or loz2, but that's just my opinion

What about getting EVERY SINGLE ACHIEVEMENT IN MINECRAFT (In survival).
i have attempted that, but the world i am doing it in is still kind of in its early stages so i'm nowhere close. i estimate it will no doubt be a hard challenge, i will upgrade to post 1.12 updates at some point, after which how did we get here is an extremely hard achievement, but i still think smb:tll and loz2 are harder

Back