• Super Paper Mario

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which is more fun? Paper Mario (As a series) or Mario & Luigi (Also as a series)?!
Which has better gameplay?
MaRPGs I've played so far
SPM -> BIS -> -> -> TTYD -> SSS -> PM64 -> Probably PIT next

I'm definitely not in a place to judge overall as I've not played nearly all members of both series, but overall I prefer Paper Mario. Whilst yeah M&L has a lot of cool stuff like the abilities Bowser gets from Mario and Luigi doing things in his body without even him knowing and awesome characters like Fawful, I just feel that the overall way in which the first three PMs structure their stories is stronger, and they also have a lot of out of the box stuff from Peach getting possesed by an ancient demon to Luigi getting hypnotised and becoming a cool villain. As for gameplay, they're both pretty good, but I prefer Paper Mario again - PM64 is a bit outdated but TTYD had a REALLY good combat system, and SPM was really creative (though tbh I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to with the novelty having worn off).

Generally I prefer playing on a home console (better controls, better processing power, better graphics) and yeah that gives PM an advantage anyways
Which deserves a next game?
both, but paper mario is more overdue as m&l have had the superstar saga remake in 2017 and the bowser's inside story remake in 2019, whereas paper mario has had nothing since 2016
And what do you think of the crossover?
i haven't played paper jam, i guess the gameplay looks ok, but i'm really dissappointed they couldn't have done more with the unique characters presented by both series. according to fawfulthegreat64 (with whom i have very similar opinions on the mario rpgs - we're both huge fans of the series,) even the paper doppelgangers just had the m&l character personalities cloned onto them rather than feeling like they do in paper mario, and paper luigi was only a cameo

I have played every single Mario & Luigi game except for the BIS remake, while I only played SPM for the Paper Mario series. So, you can see why I would want to prefer M&L over PM. M&L has good gameplay no matter the game. And the only exception is found exclusively in the remakes: the Bowser's Minions and Bowser Jr. modes. It was a cool idea for Superstar Saga due to how little Bowser's Minions appear through the game despite appearing at the beginning. But I feel it feel flat. SPM has gameplay that is only found in that game. It was a platformer RPG. From what I see from videos of the first two games, I see good gameplay in those. Sticker Star and Color Splash, on the other hand, had different gameplay which is a little faulty. I mean, you need to use something just to jump or hammer. Next: story. The first three PM games have good story with the third being a little controversial. The latter two had little story, but then again, Color Splash did try to add more characteristic to plain characters. The M&L series stories are great in Superstar Saga and BIS, while DT and PiT are good as well as PJ, but it was Sticker Star characters meet their 3D counterparts for the most part. More on PJ later. I feel that M&L does have better gameplay and better story.

In terms of which should have the next game, both seem like good candidates for to do so, but PM is more likely. First, there is the fact that it hasn't gotten a game in a while and second, there is the fact that AlphaDream went bankrupt. But we won't know which of the two will get the next RPG until it comes.

Now onto Paper Jam. It was a crossover of characters from Sticker Star with the Mario & Luigi universe. So, the gameplay is the similar to the other Mario & Luigi games. I don't really consider it being a Paper Mario game, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be excluded from the Paper Mario (series) page on the Mario Wiki due to the elements in the game. But it is a Mario & Luigi game nevertheless. It is a good game, but I wouldn't say it is better than Superstar Saga and BIS. I say that despite story being somewhat worst than DT and lacking a separate gameplay (inside Bowser in BIS and inside dreams in DT, exclusive to those games), it is still better than DT with its better basic gameplay and shorter distance from the final boss to the place where you can access anywhere and some better improvements. As for PiT, I say that it is definitely better in all areas except maybe story. Overall, I think it was a good game despite what people say able it. But yeah. It isn't as good as Superstar Saga or BIS.

I'd say I definitely want a Mario & Luigi game, since AlphaDream is no more, and I think a Paper Mario game is likely. I mean, since the debut, they really only missed the DS. I actually can't comment on which has better gameplay as I've only played SPM, but I do have SS+BM, my bro has PiT, and I have BIS+BJJ, DT, and PJ.

I'd say I definitely want a Mario & Luigi game, since AlphaDream is no more, and I think a Paper Mario game is likely. I mean, since the debut, they really only missed the DS. I actually can't comment on which has better gameplay as I've only played SPM, but I do have SS+BM, my bro has PiT, and I have BIS+BJJ, DT, and PJ.
if you can i'd definitely recommend the first two paper marios

Sorry I haven't been on to ask anyone to adjust the poll, so I guess it'll run another week Get your friends to post here!

Can I get someone to adjust the poll? Thanks!

Finally, after a delay of a week, we find out: Is Mario & Luigi better, or is Paper Mario?! What do YOU think? That's why this exists, folks!

Huh? Oh, I just happened to create it on April first, is all.

OH NO! THE MODS ARE HERE! WHERE CAN I HIDE?
Get back here!

Last edited:
I played more of Paper Mario, so I'll choose Paper Mario. I also like its overall pacing more than the Mario & Luigi games.

What series has Baby Luigi starring in it? That series has my vote.

@#$%^ & *()!* #^@* #$&!!! Uh, I mean, Mario & Luigi have won!!!

Next topic: Which baby is your favorite? Mario, Luigi, Peach, DK, Wario, Bowser, or Yoshi? Why?
Baby Yoshi, probably. He's so stinkin' cute!

Mine is Baby Luigi :babyluigi: , and the reason is very simple - because he is a baby variant of my favorite character, Luigi! Also, I feel bad for him getting kidnapped in every Yoshi's Island game.

On a side note, this reminds me that we need Baby Waluigi.

I guess babies aren't all that interesting...

Whoops! Looks like I forgot about this place... Let's try to fire it back up.

OK, since Paper Mario: The Origami King was just announced, let's do this:
What is the best Paper Mario game?

For me, I'll say... Sticker Star, since I only played that and SPM, and I think I like this better... Could do with a better story though.

nonpersonally, i really can't decide between super paper mario and paper mario ttyd.
personally, my favourite is super paper mario

I only played SPM and Color Splash, and although I enjoyed both games, SPM is the obvious winner for me.

Origami King looks really good though, I'd love to try that one out as well as the original Paper Mario.

I only played SPM and Color Splash, and although I enjoyed both games, SPM is the obvious winner for me.

Origami King looks really good though, I'd love to try that one out as well as the original Paper Mario.
Ditto

I've only played SPM, but I doubt it's the best, since I would characterize it as a game with great ideas but a lot of flaws.

It is time! Which is the best Paper Mario game?! Decide now!

Fucking hell I just missed an opportunity to stuff ballots-er I mean, give my honest and unbiased vote for an important poll regarding the Mario babies.

imma be honest and say i don't really care for any of them

who cares what you think, you like super paper mario!

You didn't miss anything, the poll never ran. I, uh... kinda forgot about this thread for a week or two.

Back