How many of you have played the video game Mario kart 64.

Mario#

Goomba
Mario kart 64 came out February 10,1997. How many of you have played Mario kart 64 and who was your main. Mario,Luigi,peach,toad,yoshi,wario or donkey Kong. What is your story of you and your copy of Mario kart 64.

I played it on school WiFi once

Ugly pre-rendered character sprites and item graphics, lifeless, bland environments that are graphically on par with Doom, extremely horrendous AI, nonexistent single player content, terrible controls, worthless battle mode, terrible Toad's Turnpike mirror grand prix, half-functional Yoshi Valley, items that barely work, and atrocious character balancing, what's not to love about Mario Kart 64?

At least it has a pretty good soundtrack.

MK64Mario.png

Though back when I actually played it, I used Toad primarily because Mario sounded like a dork and preferred the lighter weight class.

If I was forced to go back, Mario would be my primary main, but there's little reason to play it today.

The game is broken however, and CPUs go ridiculously fast. If you lose sight of them, they can AND WILL go really fast so you better have them in your eyes or else they'll just speed away and you'll never see them again because Red Shells have ridiculously poor tracking.

Extra Mode Toad's Turnpike was horrible and I hated Banshee Boardwalk, Yoshi Valley, Sherbet Land probably more than any other track in the series though Vanilla Lakes and Choco Islands from Super Mario Kart do come close.

It's aged, but it still has the most classic voice acting of any Mario game.

Yeah, everyone is very fond of Julien Barkadoff as high-pitched Luigi.

Flawed as it is, I had the original cartridge when it was new and I have it digitally on my Wii U to this day. The only things I actively dislike are Bomb Karts being present in Vs Mode and the Red Shells having poor tracking.

Victory Lap, the game's credits theme, is practically the best frikkin' thing ever; love that song!

I have, at a hotel room when I went to Washington, DC, USA in March of 2001. This is the first Mario game I ever played. But I only did Time Trials, and I loved seeing the characters fall into the water or crash into moving obstacles on the track. 😁

Ugly pre-rendered character sprites and item graphics, lifeless, bland environments that are graphically on par with Doom, extremely horrendous AI, nonexistent single player content, terrible controls, worthless battle mode, terrible Toad's Turnpike mirror grand prix, half-functional Yoshi Valley, items that barely work, and atrocious character balancing, what's not to love about Mario Kart 64?

At least it has a pretty good soundtrack.

"iT's ThE sEcoND BesT MaRio KaRT EvEr!", echoes from some random gaming publication written by a 30-something.

i played it only once, but i found the controls to be super weird. i might get back to it someday

I haven't played it, but have listened to its music for jumping and push-ups.

I played Mario Kart 64 near its launch, at my Church Youth Group we played it for hours. I always wanted to be Wario because he was new to me, I hadn't played Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 on the Gameboy, my first Gameboy was the Gameboy Color, so Wario Land II was my first portable Wario Game I played. I did get Wario's Woods (SNES) which was a Dr. Mario/ Tetris style game while I waited to get N64 and Mario Kart 64. One morning I woke up and my older brother arrived with a new N64 and Mario Kart 64. I was thrilled! I then played it like crazy till Ocarina of Time came out.

I played it quite a bit back in the day, and returned to it recently. It's not the best, especially due to the slippery controls, but I'd say it's leagues better than Super Mario Kart. I quite like the track selection, especially Kalimari Desert (because of the train).

I played it quite a bit back in the day, and returned to it recently. It's not the best, especially due to the slippery controls, but I'd say it's leagues better than Super Mario Kart. I quite like the track selection, especially Kalimari Desert (because of the train).

Kalimari Desert has returned a lot lately in Mario Kart Tour, with changes.

My favorite 64 tracks to return in MK Tour are:
Frappe Snowland

B3DB4F43-8358-4FCD-98AA-DCC53FF4D254.png

Choco Mountain:

59E3B4B4-B35C-4FB3-9A99-63943C7FB0C0.jpeg

Back