Super Mario Maker 2

I recently got a bronze medal for making it into the top 1000 for the Easy Endless Challenge. However, I had to clear up to 864 courses to get there.

My Mario Maker ID: XGB-6YW-9VG

I remade four levels of the first world of Donkey Kong Country Returns in the 3D World style.

Jungle Hijinxs Returns - (7Q4-LFQ-FJF)
King of Cling Returns - (7BJ-WMW-8YR)
Tree Top Bop Returns - (V5H-LKL-T3G)
Sunset Shores Returns - (28F-C2Q-WRG)

I just got the game and right now it's pretty fun. Didn't play some brutally hard courses but I mainly got this to play with some friends later on.

(I hope later on is soon because it has almost been a month and there's still no option to play with your friends, cmon nintendo)

Apparently there's a new update that ups the course upload limit to 64. And it's not gonna stop there, as they plan on raising it one more time! Great, can't wait to get online again and upload more.

Erdrick the Hero said:
Apparently there's a new update that ups the course upload limit to 64. And it's not gonna stop there, as they plan on raising it one more time! Great, can't wait to get online again and upload more.

Sadly, that doesn't really help when your courses are not attracting anybody. Those who are very popular get to feast with a lot of players and likes, while the rest are being treated as lowlifes who are begging for their courses to be played and liked. And let's not forget that Nintendo does not allow people to ask for likes.

At times, it just feels like a total waste when you notice that your own hard work, regardless of how good or how fun it is, is being ignored. And even if people do play your courses, they have to clear AND like them if you want your maker point amount to increase.

Revenant Archagent said:
Imagine playing Super Mario Maker 2 for recognition and fame
I totally get it though. When you make a level, you want people to see it, play it, and enjoy it. You wouldn't want it to just disappear into the void, would you? The worst part is when you have an actually good level and it gets taken down because not enough people came across it.

I'm not sure how much the second game improved this, but the first game was utterly evil to the unlucky. The upload limit depended entirely on how many stars you had, so if nobody ever saw your courses, you wouldn't be able to share many courses at all. Worst of all, your course could actually be taken down if it didn't get enough views or stars, never to be seen again unless you knew about the scheme beforehand and saved a backup (luckily, I did).

In short, sharing your courses is an absolutely essential component of the game. There is a solid line between playing for fame and simply wanting your hard work to be noticed. It's just depressing that Nintendo's so tough on newcomers and make it harder than it should be to simply get your courses out there. The second game removed star-based upload limits from what I've heard...but I wouldn't be surprised if permanent course takedowns solely due to lack of views is still a thing.

Erdrick the Hero said:
... Why isn't that limit established to begin with!?

Dr. Mario said:
Erdrick the Hero said:
... Why isn't that limit established to begin with!?
My guess would be that they don't want the servers crashing because too many levels are being uploaded within a short timeframe, so they're gradually increasing upload limits to prevent that.

Whatever the reason, it's much better than "you can only upload 10 courses until you get more stars" from the first game.

MnSG said:
Erdrick the Hero said:

Sadly, that doesn't really help when your courses are not attracting anybody. Those who are very popular get to feast with a lot of players and likes, while the rest are being treated as lowlifes who are begging for their courses to be played and liked. And let's not forget that Nintendo does not allow people to ask for likes.

At times, it just feels like a total waste when you notice that your own hard work, regardless of how good or how fun it is, is being ignored. And even if people do play your courses, they have to clear AND like them if you want your maker point amount to increase.

I'm that guy who's happy enough that one person plays a level, lucky me that I've had over 60 plays combined.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
My guess would be that they don't want the servers crashing because too many levels are being uploaded within a short timeframe, so they're gradually increasing upload limits to prevent that.

Whatever the reason, it's much better than "you can only upload 10 courses until you get more stars" from the first game.
I just don't see how flooding will overwhelm their servers, particularly when there's a playerbase already uploading tons of levels per second. They're telling me they can't handle users uploading level after level? Pfft.

I managed to made around 36 courses as of right now when I got Super Mario Maker 2 during at launch day. Most of them that I created are recreations from other games and some of them are sequel courses from the first Super Mario Maker game that I uploaded years ago.

My Super Mario Maker 2 Profile ID: JJD-BYN-9RF

World 1-1 4th of July Remix (Super Mario Bros.) ID: L27-0QM-GXG
Goomba Run Over Car ID: 20D-KBP-M9G
StarTropics Mobile App ID: FMR-KMW-NTF
Find a way to beat Time! 4 ID: TT9-SVH-CNF
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 3 ID: 191-YGC-5PG
Dinner of Flames (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) ID: 113-VTV-PJF
Claw Castle Sky ID: F3R-5KB-GKG
GameXplain's Warehouse Mobile App ID: Q7C-9QX-YWF
Crypt 1 (Neutopia) ID: BFW-85T-4SF
Survival Dash through Thwomps 2 ID: XV1-2W3-D9G
Nintendo Switch Lite ID: G7W-4JL-Q5G
Survive the Thwomps & On/Off Switches ID: 5QH-F0V-1GF
The Two Screens Challenges 2 ID: YG9-PFP-6PG
Survival Dash through Bob-ombs 2 ID: Y88-SSL-53G
Donkey Kong Jr. ID: KV2-WBN-GGF
Dry Bones Shell Lava Castle Ride ID: Q6H-9Y7-RGF
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 4 ID: 4R4-5YL-9WF
The Clockwork Challenge Castle ID: JY8-HKL-JVG
Find a way to beat Time! 5 ID: NWS-DFK-NHG
The Poison water Tower ID: 035-XGQ-14G
One Screen Grinder Wall-Jump ID: SK6-S2T-0DG
Survival Dash through Thwomps 3 ID: F1T-LRJ-4RG
World 1-1 Night Remix (Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels) ID: HDB-SC3-F4G
Piranha Creeper Escape ID: 30M-D8S-DMG
The Angry Sun Castle ID: CQD-J0R-Q3G
Superball vs. Magic ID: 194-NF7-0QG
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 5 ID: 1M9-64X-S4G
The Poison Water Tower ID: 25D-K8C-6DF
The Auto Castle 2 ID: JNJ-R1T-GYF
Goomba Jumps & Pow the Munchers 2 ID: 0XL-D9C-25G
Act I (Ninja Gaiden) ID: 80B-L0S-TWG
Shoot the POW Blocks 2 ID: 6RJ-MGR-J7G
World 1-1 Twist Remix (SMB3) ID: 65K-6TM-LHG
Banzai Bills Survival Jump ID: NXT-6WY-MMG
Claw Castle Sky 2 ID: L5D-T1V-2MG
Stop the Labor Day Robbers ID: S25-H38-KSG

And by the way, I managed to get about a total of 6,830 Maker Points. Does those medals can actually boost up the Maker Points in the game? I managed to receive a Bronze Medal for Maker Points (All-Time) and I was thinking of doing getting a few medals for going for World Record, First Clears, Endless Challenge (Super Easy), and Endless Challenge (Easy).

Excuse me but Amiibo Costumes are very important

It's already confirmed that the game does not support amiibo. Copyright is a major road block for bringing back all the Mystery Mushroom costumes, which is the most likely reason for the power-up's removal.

Back