Super Mario Maker 2

Roll and Maria Renard said:
I just hope this doesn't mean Toadette is going to replace Peach because that would suck. I mean the demand for Peach is very high and we got her in Super Mario Run and we have Peachette in NSMBU Deluxe. It would be simple to port Peach's assets from Super Mario Run over to the engine and her animations while creating new models and animations for the power ups.

Mcmadness said:
Yes we know what you want. Don't turn into a broken record.

I'm really hoping that you can play levels without requiring that online service, like downloading files of levels stored in a cloud storage so people don't have to fork up an extra 20 dollars for a rather integral part of the game: to play other levels people have made.

I'm guessing probably not.

sooooooo cat toadette??????

now there's no excuse for the absence of cat peach and cat rosalina then.

Mcmadness said:
Yes we know what you want. Don't turn into a broken record.
I won't go into that way like I did before NSMBU Deluxe was announced and when it was rumored and also for how I really want Maria Renard (the adult one from Symphony of the Night) and Roll to be in Smash Bros as female reps for their franchises alongside Simon, Richter and Mega Man respectively as DLC characters.

I give up.

"I won't go into it like (rest of the post repetitively going into it anyway)"

I wonder how would that work for a side scroller. Probably should map it to a single button or something

If I wasn't already super excited about FE this would be the highlight for me easily.

Still pretty great though. This looks really gorgeous. I first was like "I mean I got a Mario level-editing tool already so why bother?"

Boy I was wrong.

SMM2mario.png

I like how Mario is carrying Luigi like that. Although it's just for show on how you can position your character anywhere, I felt that there is some sort of symbolism with how it's either Luigi always being supported by Mario throughout his career, or Mario just being manipulative to Luigi.

Thank you for reading.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm really hoping that you can play levels without requiring that online service, like downloading files of levels stored in a cloud storage so people don't have to fork up an extra 20 dollars for a rather integral part of the game: to play other levels people have made.
Look Nintendo didn't charge for online to give away online features for free that makes no sense.

I do think this game can be operated without the NSO, even though there are many people who would probably think otherwise. The game that I am looking at for this is Super Mario Odyssey, where the Balloon Hunt minigame does indeed work without the Online Service. I certainly hope that it's the case, because it's basically a game where you download levels and play them.

Thank you for reading.

Kirby and Dedede said:
I honestly just want to know if my Wii U levels will carry over to the sequel. Will the Course World servers be the same, or not?

I'm not sure if the courses from the first Super Mario Maker will be compatible. So far, we haven't seen the Mystery Mushroom, and that doesn't even exist in the 3DS remake; or at least, it doesn't work like in the original Wii U version.

Ya know, the Cat Toadette artwork looks exactly like some fanmade artwork from SM3DW.

Also, I hope you don't need the Nintendo Switch Online to play other people's levels. The game definitely will work without it, just like Luigi's Balloon World, because you're not exactly playing online, but doing stuff other people did.

I am definitely excited for this game! Seeing as they've got multiple characters in the artwork at the same time, do you think that might mean that levels are playable in multiplayer? Either way, it'd be nice to play as multiple characters anyway, aside from the Mystery Mushroom. I'm also intrigued by that Beach Koopa in a car, I want to know what he does (Also, the car itself looks pretty cool, it'd be nice if it appeared in the next Mario Kart). I think that the idea of Super Mario 3D World in 2D is quite good, despite the fact that the concept sounds weird (I also wonder if this means that they won't port it to Switch and are going with this instead? Just a thought.). Also, I wonder if the different colours of Yoshi in New Super Mario Bros. U work like the ones in Super Mario World, or if it's just an aesthetic thing. The other thing I was thinking about is seeing as there are Cat Bullet Bills, I wonder if those are made by dragging a Super Bell onto a regular Bullet Bill, and if so, would that work for other enemies such as Goombas, and do we get Meowser?

I like how no-one has noticed that they didn't show the original Super Mario Bros. theme in the reveal trailer.

Didn't notice that after watching that trailer four times, probably because of the new counter next to the coins (which may have something to do with checkpoints) and the new autoscroller being shown in that scene so I didn't notice the old stuff as easily as the new stuff.

Kirby and Dedede said:
Long John Spaghetti said:
Wait. If there is a 3D world theme, can't there be a 64 theme?
No because 3D World uses the 2D Mario formula on a three-dimensional plane. Mario 64 uses an entirely different gameplay formula.

3D land does it, too

Kirby and Dedede said:
Wait. If there is a 3D world theme, can't there be a 64 theme?
No because 3D World uses the 2D Mario formula on a three-dimensional plane. Mario 64 uses an entirely different gameplay formula.

3D land does it, too
It does, yes, but adding a separate theme for that is like adding a separate theme for Lost Levels or the other NSMB games. There just isn't any real point.

Back