Dr. Mario World

Very nice to see that at least this game takes out the duplicates from the possible pulls when maxed out!

Lol at the communication error when you try looking at the probability tables, at least they put a message when you try staffing again...
Given how many characters this game has and the amount you need to max them, it's a nice gesture to be able to only get the ones that aren't maxed yet. I am also surprised to see the error message, but I guess it's not a scenario that happens often so I guess it's sort of a placeholder.

Thank you for reading.

Dr. Mario World is going to have character updates in the near future.

Dr. Mario World has character balances listed, and among the listed changes the one that I am most eager about is Dr. Daisy's buffs, where her targetting skill is immediate eliminate (like Fire Mario/Fire Peach/Dry Bowser/Roy/Lemmy) and her VS skill fill is going to be faster. Here are the changes if you want to know:

Stage Mode:
- Dr. Luigi will cover a larger area, from 6 (4 down -> 2 right) to 8 (5 down -> 3 right)
- Dr. Luma & Dr. Baby Wario will join the "if no effect, then eliminate one virus" club.
- Dr. Donkey Kong & Dr. Baby Wario's targeting trajectory will have a speed and path change.

Stage + VS Mode:
- Dr. Diddy Kong & Dr. Baby Daisy will have rainbow capsules as their first capsules when their skill triggers (Diddy's will be two broken capsule but Baby Daisy's will be joined)
- Dr. Daisy's skill will immediately destroy, meaning that her skill has an advantage over Dr. Donkey Kong. It will be similar to how the Fire characters' skills work).

Skill Metre changes:
VS (longer to fill): 8-bit Dr. Mario
Stage (shorter to fill): Dr. Toadette, Dr. Bowser Jr., Dr. Ludwig, Dr. Waluigi, Dr. Baby Mario, Dr. Baby Luigi, Dr. Baby Peach, Dr. Baby Rosalina, Dr. Boo

Attack Metre changes:
(shorter to fill): Dr. Toad, Dr. Daisy (yes!), Dr. Baby Luigi, Dr. Baby Peach, Dr. Lakitu, Dr. Blooper, Dr. Boo

Oh, and for the first time in forever, assistants are buffed.
Trigger % increase for:
- Monty Mole & Sumo Bro (will be easier to get coins)
- Yellow Shy Guy & Sushi (the stray viruses will be likelier targets)
- Porcupuffer, Pokey and Stingby (the time increase ones)
- Cheep Cheep, Pom-Pom, Piranha Plant & King Bob-omb (they are the "eliminate 1" or "eliminate 2" viruses ones; looks like they know they were outclassed by the "virus transformed into objects" assistants)
- Fuzzy & Blooper (you can get the matching colour capsules more easily)
- Chain Chomp & Clampy (getting the rainbow metre filled up more easily)
- Crowber (the +1 capsule will be more easily granted, which is needed as Fish Bone has a better chance of doing it)
- Star Bunny (looks like more fully-sized rainbow capsules are on the way)

Score+ increase:
- Goomba & Swoop (we'll see if they are viable score+ after this)
- Koopa Troopa & Lakitu (capsule boosters)
- Whomp King (more from rainbow capsules)

Skill+ increase:
- Penguin (probably because Ant Trooper grants a better increase)

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
like i also said on a discord just earlier, i kinda forgot petey was still in the game but unused for ages and only found it out again yesterday... well there he is, now!

Might be declining interest in playing the game and that the game is going through its content.

I decided to do a revised tier list for the doctors in Dr. Mario World, due to a number of balance changed performed over the months. Of the doctors, I used Dr. Daisy extensively and even reached around the top 20 globally, so I can safely say that she is in a much better spot compared to before.

Really Great
  • Dr. Fire Mario: Has a very useful non-random skill an attacks fast. It is commonly-used by skilled players for a reason.
  • Dr. Yoshi: Extremely useful skill that can more easily clear the field especially at higher levels, setting up for pushes.
  • Dr. Fire Luigi: At level 4/5, clearing 2 columns + 2 rows is very useful. Skill is relatively slow to charge and takes a bit longer to fully execute (columns first, rows second).
  • Dr. Daisy: Versatile skill that can target anywhere that suits your needs, and is now faster to charge and she still has high defences. The skill is at its best at level 5 so not as many people would be seen with it.
  • Dr. Larry: Colorful crates are more difficult to clear and can fill the field, making it very disruptive compared to most obstacles.
  • Dr. Fire Peach: All-around good defences and skill that can completely destroy, making her a bit better than Dr. Peach.
  • Dr. Dolphin: Decently fast 4-bomb attacker and fast bubbles, along with a bit of defences.
  • Dr. Baby Mario: Skill can create a lot of bombs at a slightly fast rate, and they can be used to virus clear and be used to create chain. Note that bombs explosions can be delayed so bombs that are pushed up may not clear the intended targets.
  • Dr. Baby Rosalina: Skill can create a lot of rainbow capsules and a slightly fast rate, and can be used to eliminate more viruses.
  • Dr. Iggy: Fast 3-bomb attacker and can cover the opponent's field with a lot of viruses, in exchange of near-negligible defences.
  • Dr. Donkey Kong: Fast attacker and a skill that can force more rows on the opponent's field, so a more aggro type of doctor.
  • Dr. Petey Piranha: Overall decent defences and a skill that can clear more than Fire Mario/Mario, but a little slower in charging the skill and the skill takes a little longer to finish executing.
  • Dr. Dry Bowser: Skill can completely destroy and has less delay between usage and execution. However it is only available as rewards or purchasable pack so not as many high-levelled Dr. Dry Bowsers.

Great
  • Dr. Mario: May be a slower attacker and has a less destructive skill compared to Dr. Fire Mario but is still solid and has a few advantages compared to him.
  • Dr. Toadette: Skill is even more disruptive due to covering more viruses in clouds, and is a relatively fast attacker. However has no defences.
  • 8-bit Dr. Mario: Highly disruptive skill and alright defences on all but 3-bombs, but is a bit slow as an attacker and skill charges up a bit slow. Thus far the only doctor to have notable nerfs.
  • Dr. Fire Rosalina: Skill can charge up relatively quickly and can completely destroy random spots, although it might target unintended spots. As an attacker she is relatively slow and her defences are notably lower than her regular counterpart.
  • Dr. King Boo: Can completely remove viruses which is very powerful against certain doctors and attacks relatively fast for a 4-bomber, but it only targets viruses and he has not much defence outside 4-bombs. However it is only available as rewards or purchasable pack so not as many high-levelled Dr. King Boos.
  • Dr. Ludwig: Great 2-bomb defence and a disruptive skill, but the ice has a bit of delay in taking effect so there is a chance to render the skill wasted. Also, he is a relatively slow attacker.
  • Dr. Roy: Nice defence against 1- and 2-bombs and a skill that takes more than 1 hit to clear. although a bit slow as an attacker.
  • Dr. Lemmy: Barrels make some viruses difficult to clear, and has high 3- and 4-bomb defence. However, there's no 1- and 2-bomb defence and doctors that completely destroy can remove barrelled viruses.
  • Dr. Koopa Troopa: Brick skill can charge up fast and it has good 2-bomb defence. However, its other defences are a bit low and the lower quantity blocks can be removed a bit more easily.
  • Dr. Kamek: Relatively fast attack and skill can cover potentially a lot of viruses, but there is a delay between activating skill and it taking effect. When non-virus objects are present they will be a problem.
  • Dr. Peach: High defences and skill can charge relatively fast, but it doesn't completely destroy. Also attacks a bit slow for a 1-line attacker.
  • Dr. Piranha Plant: High defences except for 1-bomb, and the ability to clear non-viruses are welcomed. Viruses are still prioritised so need to set up in a way that the skill can screen-clear, unlike Dr. Yoshi who can clear more objects.
  • Dr. Boo: Attacks relatively fast and can completely destroy random targets. The targets are randomised and prioritise ones with viruses, so stray non-virus objects must be taken care of manually first.
  • Dr. Nabbit: Skill can create a lot of helpful objects and charge up faster than before which can pave a way for attacks or virus clears. No defences so shells/exploders near the bottom must be disposed of first.

Good
  • Dr. Bowser: Skill that can remove up to 3 lines but there is a bit of delay before the viruses are destroyed. Also is a slow attacker and has low 3- and 4-bomb defence.
  • Dr. Toad: Skill covers a lot more of the field and attacks relatively fast. At level 5 you can even cover the entire field if it shrinks to 7 lines.
  • Dr. Goomba Tower: Skill can cover more viruses and is a fast attacker, but has no defences.
  • Dr. Wendy: Has excellent 3-bomb defence and bricks can block out matches, but is a bit lacking in 2-bomb defence and attacks a bit slow.
  • Dr. Bowser Jr.: Bubbles can disorient viruses but his defences are merely OK and attacks a little bit slow.
  • Dr. Morton: Ice and bubbles are both highly disruptive plus he has high overall defences, but skill can be wasted on a cleared field and attacks rather slow.

• Dr. Baby Peach: Has great 3-bomb defence and rainbow capsules, but the lack of other defences meant that unless facing another 3-bomb user would be at a disadvantage unless one of the defensive assistants are equipped.
  • Dr. Baby Daisy: Pretty fast attack for the highest bomb type, but there is a skill delay and has no defences.
  • Dr. Wario: His skill charges faster now, but is still the slowest attacker. Can be rectified with Fly Guy/Mechakoopa for faster attacking while preventing the opponent from (temporarily) getting the same perk.
  • Dr. Blooper: Decent stats overall but the skill has a bit of delay before it takes effect. When non-virus objects are present they will be a problem.
  • Dr. Luigi: Overall good defences and a decently disruptive skill, but this skill can partially be played around by a skilled player.
  • Dr. Baby Wario: Coins are a bit difficult to target and it can block the field, and has OK defences for lower bomb types, but is a bit lacking in certain points like defence against higher bomber types.

OK
  • Dr. Waluigi: Now he attacks relatively fast but he still has the issue of the skill being temporary distraction, not to mention how he is at a disadvantage against doctors whose skill has a more significant presence on the field. Can be useful against 1- and 4-bomb doctors who have little 3-bomb defence.
  • Dr. Baby Luigi: Shells still have a huge issue of not being able to react to each other despite being able to charge them fast. Also being a 2-bomb attacker means that it is the most prepared-for group despite having high 2-bomb defence himself.
  • Dr. Lakitu: Has the fastest attack (7 AP!) but has no defences and a skill that provides a distraction (although better than dust).
  • Dr. Rosalina: Pretty slow attack despite overall good defences, and a skill that has a random effect.
  • Dr. Diddy Kong: Can attack fast but has no defences and the skill is awkward to use even though you can use rainbow capsules.
  • Dr. Luma: Only biggest advantage is the high 2-bomb defence, but not as much defences against other bomb types and is a relatively slow attacker.

Thank you for reading.

dr. baby luigi deserves buffs

dr. baby luigi deserves buffs
Thing is, Dr. Baby Luigi had buffs for the last two updates:
  • First one is reducing the attack metre so he attacks slightly fast than Dr. Mario
  • Second one is reducing the skill metre so the skill can be used more often, but it's only like 10% reduction at level 5 (20 SP -> 18 SP).
They are OK buffs but maybe not so significant in his performance unless played a certain way.

It's not as significant as Dr. Daisy, who had these two buffs, both at the same time that Dr. Baby Luigi got them:
  • First one is making the skill completely destroy the target and reducing the attack metre.
  • Second one is slightly reducing the attack metre (so attacks a bit slower than Dr. Ludwig) and making the skill charge faster (70 SP -> 35 SP).

I think it comes down to how useful the skill is functionally. Dr. Daisy's skill always had potential but it's the last two buffs that make her very useful that I managed to beat the #1 global player with her (albeit with difficulty). Maybe Dr. Baby Luigi requires a slight functional change to the skill like ensuring that viruses in two different rows are changed to shells instead of a chance for two viruses in the same row to be changed.

Thank you for reading.

Most Dr. Mario World character renders are posed similarly to other existing renders of the same character. I wanted to have the similar renders conveniently placed side by side so anyone can draw comparisons between them at a glance. This is a work in progress.

Left: Dr. Mario World render(s). Right: Reference render(s).

Asterisks (*) indicate that a character's Dr. Mario World render may have been referenced from a fan-made render.

Doctors
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Peach_alt.png
NSMBW_Peach_Artwork.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Toad_alt.png
Img-adventures-captain-toad.png

DMW_Dr_Toad_Running_Screenshot.jpg
SMR_Toad.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Toadette.png
Toadette_CaptainToadTreasureTracker.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Ludwig.png
LudwigNSMBU.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Wendy.png
NSMBW_Wendy_Artwork.png
Dr._Daisy.png
MKT_Artwork_Daisy.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Wario.png
6FC9A31E-C3E7-4C13-BB8A-E0C7E479F068.jpeg
Render by RatchetMario (twitter.com)
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Waluigi.png
Waluigi_Artwork_-_Mario_Party_DS.png
DMW_-_New_doctors_August_2019.jpg
Wario_MP100.png
Waluigi_MaSatOWG_artwork.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Baby_Mario.png
BabyMarioSluggers.png

DMW_-_New_doctors_September_2019.jpg
Babymariositting.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Baby_Luigi.png
Baby_Luigi_MSS_artwork.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Baby_Peach.png
Babypeachsimple.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Rosalina.png
Rosalina-MPTop100-Transparent.png

DMW_-_New_doctors_October_2019.jpg
Rosalina_-_Mario_Party_10.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Donkey_Kong.png
SuperMarioParty_DonkeyKong.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Diddy_Kong.png
DiddyKCR.png
DMW_-_New_doctors_November_2019.jpg
DKandDiddy_DKCR.png
DMW_-_New_doctors_December_2019.jpg
Mario_Party_Star_Rush_-_Magikoopa.png
BabyRosalina3D.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Dry_Bowser.png
Dry_Bowser_Artwork.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Nabbit.png
NSMBUDX_Nabbit.png
Dr._Lakitu_DMW_Artwork.png
NSMBDS_Lakitu_Artwork.png
Dr_Mario_World_-_Dr_Koopa_Troopa.png
MP9_Koopa_Troopa_Artwork.png
DrMarioWorld_Lemmy.png
NSMBW_Lemmy_Artwork.png

DrMarioWorld_-_Icon_Lemmy.png
Lemmy_Koopa_NSMBU.png
DMW-Dr._Boo_Solo_Artwork.png
MP7Boo.png
King_Boo_Artwork_MSS.png
DMW-Dr._King_Boo_Solo_Art.png
DMW_Dr_Morton_Solo_Artwork.png
MortonNSMBU.png
Dr_Mario_World_Iggy_Solo_Art.png
NSMBU_Iggy_Artwork.png
Assistants

DMW-AntTrooper.png
Ant_Trooper_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
DMW-BanzaiBill.png
BanzaibillNSMBU.png

Last edited:
I've noticed how different Baby Luigi's head and hat shape looks in comparison to his Dr. Mario World art. I always felt that his hat in his Super Sluggers art was a bit strange and I couldn't replicate it with his 3D model, whereas his Dr. Mario World art is how his hat should look like in that angle.

Baby Mario too, but I pay attention to Baby Luigi more.

Yeah I've wanted full artwork of these guys for quite some time now. I've been starving for a new pose for my two absolute favorite characters in the franchise.

DMW_-_New_doctors_September_2019.jpg

a few renders like yoshi and wario and i think petey also seemingly lifted their poses from fan renders of all things

I knew Dr. Wario's render looked familiar and went crazy searching for its reference on the wiki. So, it's fan-made???

Reactions: zel

This game will be shut down on Oct. 31, 2021.

This is a big shame. I really really hope archivists will archive this game because otherwise this game will be completely unplayable past that date.

I didn't know this lasted so long
and now it's ending lol

Damn, game must've been making like zero money (exaggerating here but obviously not making enough money for Nintendo to continue support for it). Obviously anecdotal but I never saw anyone even talking about this game a few months after it got released tbh.

Maybe if I'm lucky they'll do what some phone games do and get re-released with ALL it's content and the microtransactions removed and with a slightly altered title.

Like that one Spelunker game, after it's F2P version flopped they cobbled together all of it, threw in a couple extras then sold it for about $40 canadian.

From what I heard, the game didn't do too great from the get go, this is especially noticable when you compare to the popular but not Mario level popular Fire Emblem and a whole new IP altogether Dragalia making it look like the Virtual Boy
I wouldn't be surprised Super Mario Run suffers the same fate

Comparing it to Dragalia Lost really shows how poorly Dr Mario World must've done because I think Dragalia Lost is only available in like 10 countries or something.

Why are they shutting down the entire game? Can't they just leave the singleplayer content up? I actually liked this game...

Damn, game must've been making like zero money (exaggerating here but obviously not making enough money for Nintendo to continue support for it). Obviously anecdotal but I never saw anyone even talking about this game a few months after it got released tbh.

EPfW4LNXkAA7ngq.png

yyyeaaah it's pretty obvious why it's getting canned

Why are they shutting down the entire game? Can't they just leave the singleplayer content up? I actually liked this game...

this is the game industry. if they're not leeching money off their customers constantly, then no one deserves to play the game.

what mcmadness posted is the ideal situation but let's be real here: it's too expensive to keep servers up and running for vs play.

So far, we had Pokémon Shuffle Mobile that made all its content available through events in automated rotation and was kept up, and the gacha Sonic Runners that was indeed resold as the premium Sonic Runners Adventure with most of the event content removed but still the core game and soundtrack intact.

Similarly, Super Mario Run is still up, the main reason I can see for those games staying up is the actual load on the servers: in Super Mario Run the main load on the server is just the storing of Toad Rally ghosts and the communication needed to start the game - and download the assets the first time the game runs. Similarly, Pokémon Shuffle Mobile only stores the scores of the players in some events.

Sadly, Dr. Mario World has instead a greater load on the servers with even less revenue, still it would be nice if they pulled a Sonic Runners and made it a standalone premium game, Miitomo so far isn't a sign of good omen though.

Back