Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
I looked at the Waluigi page on Wikipedia, the reference leads straight back to this forum.

Here's the post:
KingBooWarioSir said:
Thought Id put this here. I emailed Yasuyuki Oyagi regarding Waluigi's possible omission and a few other things a month ago.

I finally got a reply back:

Hello Chris,
Waluigi's omission from Mario Kart 7 was a hard one for us here at Nintendo. It was due to the time constraints associated with the Christmas deadline for the game. Rest assured Waluigi will be making further appearances in the Mario series for at least the next few years. Also understand some characters, such as Waluigi, are more expendable then others and space was limited. The game needed Bowser, DK, Wario and it didnt need the few expendable characters that we here consider "cult classics". We needed a balance between new racers and our standards. Also, regarding Wario as an unlockable character for future games, that will not happen. This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi

Oh yeah, my uncle works at Nintendo. I'm not believing that.

My dad did actually briefly work for Nintendo.

He was part of a company that does shipping and receiving and he briefly had to handle some Nintendo products to make sure they were all sent to their proper places and have absolutely nothing to do with what games they were making.

i never believed that post because even if they indeed said that here's a fact:

Time and resources went into Wiggler, Shy Guy , Honey Queen, Lakitu and Rosalina aka characters not present in MKDS

And none of those characters are clones. Matter of fact, it has been proven that in both 7 and DS, you can make Luigi and Daisy out of Mario's and Peach's bone structures and meshes , so its useless. So they not only prefered to favor those other characters but also could have make Waluigi more or less since characters like Mario , Luigi , Peach and Daisy do not take the same effort as making Bowser for example.

Bottom line is that if they really wanted Waluigi , he could have easily been in the game since the start but they clearly didn't consider him a priority over the above characters so he was ultimately cut.

That's logic and you don't need a straight source to figure that out.

However i will still say that he has a better boat than Daisy, who is always disliked heavily and not supported greatly. At least he appears in Smash actively and thats more than Daisy has ever gotten since melee so he always had an advantage, whether you like it or not

I feel like one of Waluigi's biggest advantages over Daisy as far as being added in Smash is that there's so many people who want him in and so few who want Daisy. Since Smash Switch's announcment, a vast majority of wanted newcomer lists that I've seen have Waluigi, and I've seen very few with Daisy.

dear lord, how many times will that forum post be cited? I had to get rid of the cocking thing in mariowiki several times too

I wish I could be cited for facts that I just pulled out of my ass.

Plague Knight said:
I feel like one of Waluigi's biggest advantages over Daisy as far as being added in Smash is that there's so many people who want him in and so few who want Daisy. Since Smash Switch's announcment, a vast majority of wanted newcomer lists that I've seen have Waluigi, and I've seen very few with Daisy.

Exactly! Waluigi is more wanted! I’ve seen him listed on many people’s most wanted list.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Time and resources went into Wiggler, Shy Guy , Honey Queen, Lakitu and Rosalina aka characters not present in MKDS

And none of those characters are clones. Matter of fact, it has been proven that in both 7 and DS, you can make Luigi and Daisy out of Mario's and Peach's bone structures and meshes , so its useless. So they not only prefered to favor those other characters but also could have make Waluigi more or less since characters like Mario , Luigi , Peach and Daisy do not take the same effort as making Bowser for example.

Bottom line is that if they really wanted Waluigi , he could have easily been in the game since the start but they clearly didn't consider him a priority over the above characters so he was ultimately cut.

However i will still say that he has a better boat than Daisy, who is always disliked heavily and not supported greatly. At least he appears in Smash actively and thats more than Daisy has ever gotten since melee so he always had an advantage, whether you like it or not

Rosalina was also made out of Peach’s bone structure

If we had to have another Mario rep I'd pick Toad, but after skimming his wiki page again I realized there's not really a lot of Toad-specific moves you could attribute to him. Like, there's the pickaxe from CTTT, power ups because Toad Houses, and...that's about all I can think of. Peach already does the turnip throwing thing.

Waluigi's got all sorts of games to pull moves from. Even if you exclude ones that are already referenced in other character's moves, there's stuff like the Party series, Strikers, Sports Mix, etc. to use. His bizarre proportions could also shape him up to be a really unique fighter. My main problem is that I don't think he's really relevant enough. I'd rather he appears in a Wario game or something first before making his way to Smash.

Daisy's a bit of a similar concept in my eyes. Mixing stuff from various spin-offs and Super Mario Land could gives her interesting moveset potential. She may not have the unique proportions of Waluigi, but I could see her movement being like a faster and not-as-floaty Peach. She has it better in relevancy, but not by much and I still think other characters would get in over her.

Regardless, I think Mario representation is fine as is and wouldn't complain about none of these three making the cut.

memoryman3 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Nope. Rosalina's bone structure is always gonna be more complex no matter the game. In lower poly games like Mk7 Rosalina's bone structure still have a more elborated hair part because she has loose hair and its animated even in Mk7.

In games such as Mario Party Star Rush Rosalina even has special sets for her sleeves to be animated as well as for her bang in Mario Party 10.

And this is even more complex as the games goes.

The thing is that Rosalina's whole structure will never be the same as either Peach or Daisy because she happens to always be bigger and this is why you can swap animations in MKWii between Peach and Daisy but it doesn't work on Rosalina .

Are we really arguing bone structure now?

it's not even an argument, it is a fact.

My point wasnt even exclusive to Daisy, mm3 is just being extra for no reason.

NEXandGBX said:
If we had to have another Mario rep I'd pick Toad, but after skimming his wiki page again I realized there's not really a lot of Toad-specific moves you could attribute to him. Like, there's the pickaxe from CTTT, power ups because Toad Houses, and...that's about all I can think of. Peach already does the turnip throwing thing.
Mario Sports Mix has him summoning mushrooms. He can also use triple Mushrooms to maybe increase his speed. He can use his break-dance from Mario Strikers or something. He can also maybe release spores.

On the other hand, what does the Luigi Missile, Mario's cape (how it's used), the Bowser slam thing, the Egg Roll, the DK whirlwind thing, or the Peach Bomb have to do with the games, I dunno.

memoryman3 said:

lol do you have any idea what you're talking about

do you realize how easy it is to modify bone structures to accommodate for different characters? especially for characters as similar across each other as peach, daisy, and rosalina?

Are we seriously arguing about BONE STRUCTURE?

My guys. It all relies in what talents they have and if they're original.

Wall-uigi is a good move, and an original one as well.

Toad is an original character and he has good moves too. So there.

Well...

I'm just as sad that one of them isn't in. But I'm really happy that we have the other still!

your wish is granted memoryman

Waluigi would be still stuck as an Assist Trophy

Waluigi :'(

Not even mentioned verbally, just casually denied in the sizzle reel of assist trophies. Disrespectful, especially considering he IS a more popular request than Daisy.

I am dying of laughter right now.

I didn't want it, I think it's a rubbish inclusion but it's just making me laugh my ass off.

Well, how do I put this?

At least Waluigi is not out of Smash, even though he could have potentially been a great addition to the roster. But, at the same time, Daisy fans got what they wanted, so we can be at peace, and everbody wins!

I remember memoryman getting pissy over the idea of Daisy being an alt of Peach so I can't say all of them are satisfied.

Iron Man said:
But, at the same time, Daisy fans got what they wanted, so we can be at peace, and everbody wins!
I'm not so sure there will be peace. I don't doubt there will be some hostility somewhere on the internet. Fandom rivalries don't die.

Back