Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
I honestly wonder how they will handle that.

It's because both Mario and Pokemon have way too many characters,

I know Pokemon will cut some to add new representatives ... but what about Mario? Who will they cut , if they cut anybody?

Maybe Doctor Mario since it's clear Rosalina and Bowser Jr aren't going anywhere.

Well Dr Mario is just a quick clone so he could easily be cut.

Barring a few exceptions like Ice Climbers or Mewtwo it's usually clones who get cut.

Mcmadness said:
If anything, this is reason not to cut him. He takes so little development time they hardly have to sacrifice anything to include him.

Captain America said:
Mcmadness said:
If anything, this is reason not to cut him. He takes so little development time they hardly have to sacrifice anything to include him.

but MUH SLOT FOR MORE DESERVING CHARACTURSSSSS LIKE DEIZYYY

I just want Toad and Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I just want Baby Luigi and Baby Luigi and Baby Luigi[/s]

Fixed for what your heart TRULY wants.

Mcmadness said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
I just want Baby Luigi and Baby Luigi and Baby Luigi[/s]

Fixed for what your heart TRULY wants.

Baby Luigi
Baby Luigi in a diaper
My Baby Luigi OC and 5 more
Russian Baby Luigi

Any more Baby Luigis I need to be aware of?

Hideous Cartoon Baby Luigi

J-Yoshi64 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
[Waluigi] is Camelot's mascot
I wasn't aware of this fact.

it's not an official thing but being real Waluigi is one, if not the best treated character in Tennis and Golf.

He along with Wario got the GCN movies in both games and Waluigi is one of the most exposed characters in the new Aces game. The whole cinematic of N64 also was about Waluigi and Wario so i guess they kinda like him a tad bit.

Yes, and that's not Baby Luigi. If he was Baby Luigi, he would have gotten his own section in Baby Luigi's article in MarioWiki.

I want to go into a huge rant on why the hell do they portray Mario has babies and still give them that mustache as if their audience is too idiotic to realize that it's Mario and Luigi despite all the other signs pointing that it's them, that a mustache always looks terrible on a baby like how they do it, that lay people who see me with Baby Luigi still automatically recognize him as Luigi, that I hate those depictions so much

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

I. DI. GRESS.

[Quote author=The Family Album]Mario was born with a full head of hair[/quote]

Poor Mario... He must have been bullied in school..

Or kids might think having a mustache is great and all. But I don't know how boys work. Mysterious creatures.

I had a mustache since sixth grade, and no one else in class had one, so they were impressed.

That includes both girls and boys.

I was pretty popular back then.

Edit: But dat Baby Luigi tho. Not hideous, but still.

How does Mario have too many characters? It is Nintendo’s most popular franchise with a lot of potentially viable characters. In fact Mario takes up less of the roster in ratio than it did in previous games, and of course people want more Mario characters because they like those characters, not to fill in a stupid quota. Why do you think we got 6 Fire Emblem characters?

Also, I do not think the “Daisy is not important, so she shouldn’t be in Smash” thing holds up well at all. It kind of did in Melee and Brawl but in 2018 it certainly does not. Otherwise, we would not see Daisy playable in many games now or get an amiibo, or even get multiple references and a nice Mii hat in Smash 4. Clearly there are people out there who like to play as her. And Nintendo has data to back that up.

May I also remind you of this.

latest

See how Nintendo picked important and popular characters only? The fact that Daisy is considered to be one of the Nintendo All Star characters of the modern era fares extremely well for her chances.

Also, Toad is an all-star, but let us be brtually honest. Toad is a mook character, one with characteristics that directly contradict with Smash.

By your on logic Peach shouldnt be in Smash either because she really doesnt do much in most of her appearences and its certainly not a fighter type in most of her main games ... but there she is.

Funny how you are so quick to dismiss Toad, who has his own game, but somehow give Daisy a pass , who has never done shit ever. In the games Daisy has abilities, the other characters do as well, and in her few main game apperences she doesn't do shit either.

This is why the Daisy case is never gonna come to light, it's just so hyporcrititcal in all angles.

Swiftie_Luma said:
By your on logic Peach shouldnt be in Smash either because she really doesnt do much in most of her appearences and its certainly not a fighter type in most of her main games ... but there she is.

Funny how you are so quick to dismiss Toad, who has his own game, but somehow give Daisy a pass , who has never done shit ever. In the games Daisy has abilities, the other characters do as well, and in her few main game apperences she doesn't do shit either.

This is why the Daisy case is never gonna come to light, it's just so hyporcrititcal in all angles.

Well in Captain Toad, Toad’s very own adventure, he has very little to go off that would translate well to a Smash fighter.

Meanwhile, Princess Daisy is consistently shown to have the power to manipulate flowers and plantlife (something that the rest of the Mario cast doesn’t do), is a strong, independent woman, and can do all sorts of things in sport games! Meanwhile, in those same games, Toad is in the sidelines commentating or being a lowly sidekick like the Goomba.

Aside from his red outfit, his most notable feature is probably...well...his distinct lack of notable features - Nintendo.

That's the description from the Red Toad in Star Rush which is an intentional gag given the fact that the main mode involves all characters using colored Toads.

Reaching as usual mm3, how come you didnt post the original Toad's description...

"A hardworking gent with a heart of gold and an easygoing disposition. Truly a friend to all."

Can we give the argument a rest? This just further proves that your bias againts Toad is pure BS.

memoryman3 said:
How does Mario have too many characters? It is Nintendo’s most popular franchise with a lot of potentially viable characters. In fact Mario takes up less of the roster in ratio than it did in previous games, and of course people want more Mario characters because they like those characters, not to fill in a stupid quota. Why do you think we got 6 Fire Emblem characters?

Yep, that's why Toad should get in, right?

memoryman3 said:
Also, I do not think the “Daisy is not important, so she shouldn’t be in Smash” thing holds up well at all. It kind of did in Melee and Brawl but in 2018 it certainly does not. Otherwise, we would not see Daisy playable in many games now or get an amiibo, or even get multiple references and a nice Mii hat in Smash 4. Clearly there are people out there who like to play as her. And Nintendo has data to back that up.

See how Nintendo picked important and popular characters only? The fact that Daisy is considered to be one of the Nintendo All Star characters of the modern era fares extremely well for her chances.

Daisy is not an important Mario character, much less, an important Nintendo character, which you seem to be forgetting that Smash Bros. is a celebration of Nintendo franchises (and some 3rd party weirdos but that's another argument), not only Mario.

From your chart that is ridiculously bloated up in size for whatever, reason, characters like K. K. Slider and Mr. Resetti and a goddamn squid were included. Also, I think people would be more than happy to play as those following characters too, considering all of them have their own amiibo.

memoryman3 said:
Also, Toad is an all-star, but let us be brtually honest. Toad is a mook character, one with characteristics that directly contradict with Smash.

Toad has all the qualities Daisy has, except he's order of magnitude more important to the Mario franchise than Daisy is, and actually, I think it's pretty sad that this so-called mook character that you're degenerating is actually more important than this named character you're fetishizing about.

memoryman3 said:
Meanwhile, Princess Daisy is consistently shown to have the power to manipulate flowers and plantlife (something that the rest of the Mario cast doesn’t do), is a strong, independent woman, and can do all sorts of things in sport games!
She's a playable character in the sports games, of course they'll have to give her some arbitrary power that'll be associated with her; what do you think they're going to do, make her shoot fire / hearts / rainbows / bananas?

Back