Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
to be honest its cool Daisy got in somehow

But its even funnier that no matter what a certain someone said ... this is NOT what they wanted.

They are awfuly quiet , why?

Because Daisy was basically confirmed a Peach clone today and that's the only way she got in. Granted, not hate to Daisy , i like her aesthetic this time around and looks cool but this is like MK8 all over again.

Between an unique character and a clone ... who would made it in easier?

Daisy is officialy the Pink Gold Peach of Smash , and that's hysterical tbh.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Daisy is officialy the Pink Gold Peach of Smash , and that's hysterical tbh.

And that is why I laughed my ass off when she was revealed.

Mario in a lab coat is less of a clone to Mario than Daisy is to Peach.

Think about that.

Dr.MarioPose3WiiU.gif

I don't need to repeat what I said about how she could have incorporated Sarasaland items and her subjects in her moveset.

exactly

Even characters who are not really separated as characters have their own ID.

The only characters treated as clones are Pitto, Lucina and Daisy and we all know people hated the guts of the former two.

Now Daisy joins the club.

-------------

In other news Rosalina and Luma look amazing as usual

YTeRISN.png

Since Snake is getting new voice lines confirmed by the voice actor i wonder if we will finally get new Mario character voices

Hopefuly they indeed payed the actors to do this , but im kinda sensing they will just recycle

I'll be content with a bunch of new codecs for all the new and returning characters.

Rocket Raccoon said:
sorry waluigi

there's only room for one ugly purple mofo
who is also skin and bones

Mcmadness said:
I'll be content with a bunch of new codecs for all the new and returning characters.

This is one of the things I'll so look forward to seeing after Snake came back.

Daisy isn't even new anyway. She's half-new; she was a playable palette swap of Peach in Melee, Brawl, and 4.

And they put her in over Waluigi. It's great that they have all of the previous fighters, plus 2.5 new ones, but the absence of Waluigi was a huge disappointment, especially since Nintendo outright admitted that they were out of ideas for Smash. I had my hopes up.

Makes me wonder what's gonna become of the Mario sub-series. Mario Party got a reboot, Smash is riding off into the sunset, all Mario Sports series except Tennis are dead, we haven't gotten Mario Kart 9 yet (although there IS Mario Kart Tour and Mario Kart Arcade GP VR that we're still waiting on), Yoshi Switch is basically vaporware at this point, and WarioWare Gold seems to be the last WarioWare game. That doesn't leave much.

Errm Mario Golf literelly never died though?

World tour is amazing and pretty underrated.

The others haven't been brought back properly but at least they weren't ruined like Mario Party was.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Errm Mario Golf literelly never died though?

World tour is amazing and pretty underrated.

The others haven't been brought back properly but at least they weren't ruined like Mario Party was.
World Tour was amazing, but it was released four years ago. It's alive/dead status is still a mystery, like the M&L series.

*Sees Daisy unveiled*
"It's as if several GameFAQs users suddenly cried out in joy and were suddenly doing backfilps and going nuts."

I'm happy that she made it into the Super Smash Bros.' roster in some form, hopefully someday Waluigi can too.

Yes, this is a real underdog victory for Daisy here, and as I mentioned, I really liked both of them playable even though Waluigi is my more wanted character since he actually can provide something unique relative to the rest of the Smash cast, but I'll settle for a consolation prize.

At the very least Smash Ultimate is still a game I am going to get since Daisy is now playable, but Waluigi not being playable is a real bummer.

Thank you for reading.

I really do wonder if Daisy is in partially so Nintendo can milk from the controversy.

They really screwed up with their Mario newcomer choice and that's all I can say (I already said more in the main Smash thread after all).

Eh, Waluigi sucks.

Plague Knight said:
They really screwed up with their Mario newcomer choice and that's all I can say (I already said more in the main Smash thread after all).
I believe that Daisy is that "freebie" character so if they're not going to put in Daisy, it doesn't free up development time for someone less cloney like Waluigi.

*writing on a chalkboard*

I will not list my ideas for Daisy.

*chalk breaks*

It's amazing that there's this article from Washington Post, which is a very unexpected publication: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/06/12/waluigi-was-robbed-and-humiliated-by-nintendo-and-his-fans-are-furious/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.42405e204ccc

Thank you for reading.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Eh, Waluigi sucks.
Even disregarding Waluigi, there are several other characters who are far better picks than Daisy imo. Toad is way more relevant and iconic, Paper Mario represents the MaRPGs which have a dedicated fanbase, and Geno is a highly requested character while also representing the MaRPGs. Daisy on the other hand didn't get very many requests and is probably only being put in because she's an easy clone (which defeats the purpose of the one thing she did sort of have going for her which was representing Mario spin-offs).

Princess Mario said:
I believe that Daisy is that "freebie" character so if they're not going to put in Daisy, it doesn't free up development time for someone less cloney like Waluigi.
I know, but it still feels like a slap in the face for all the Waluigi fans, which there are a ton of. I guess it's selfish to say this, but I kinda would've preferred having neither over just having Daisy. I mean, come on, there's plenty of other Echo characters they could have done. Anyway, I should probably stop before a certain someone starts defending Daisy. :P

Back