Waluigi vs Daisy: Who Should Be In Smash Switch???

Who Should Be The Next Super Mario Rep In Smash?

• Total voters
Once again: Toad joins Peach and newcomer Daisy in the battlefield, which also means he’s not a playable character in the game. Just because you appear in a ton of main series games as a useless NPC doesn’t mean you get an invitation.

Yeah because if they put Toad in smash, they couldn't just slap his head on another character's body.

They would actually have to put effort and thought into his inclusion.

memoryman3 said:
A Goomba literally has a bigger role than Toad in Mario Party now. What hope is there for the captain? The strong Toad has already been stolen and dunked on by Daisy. :daisy:

Even if Captain Toad doesn't make it this time. It will not be because of Daisy. Echo Fighter status alone is the reason why that's not even a factor.

As I mentioned before, I'm still less confident in him making it then I was prior to E3. But that has nothing to do with Daisy's inclusion. Rather it's simply a combination of the focus on bringing everybody that was playable in the entire series back (Less room for unique base game Newcomers as a result), Toad having more animations other then simply being held out in front of Peach (It at least gives a lot more respect to regular Toad then the meatshield he was for 3 straight Smash games) in her moveset, plus the possibility of this game going a more fanservice route then going for some of the newer characters at least base game wise.

So if anything, focus on characters that have been long wanted like Ridley, K. Rool and even cult hit favorites like Geno could take time away from them including Captain Toad. If he's strangely absent from the base game aside from trophies, maybe just maaaaaaaybbbbbeeeeeee he'll be saved for DLC like some propose newer characters like Rex & Pyra or Spring Man are being speculated for? I personally doubt he'd be a DLC choice since I'm not sure Captain Toad alone is worth paying money for most people on the level that the veterans and 3rd party characters that were DLC in Smash 4 could garner. But who knows. (Not saying he wouldn't be profitable at all, all DLC characters will make money because there's more people that will buy all the characters no matter what then there would be people who decide to pass on them. Just not quite as exciting, but then again Corrin is a bit of a counterpoint to that)

Also let's be real, all the hype went to Ridley in the reveals.

People have been waiting for him since 2001.

Daisy was more of a nice plus.

memoryman3 said:
The strong Toad has already been stolen and dunked on by Daisy. :daisy:

memoryman3 said:
Just because you appear in a ton of main series games as a useless NPC doesn’t mean you get an invitation.

You don't need to rub it in other fans' faces, you *bleep*.

memoryman you seem to be bothered by Daisy being an echo. Guess you didn't get the last laugh after all. I mean I can't imagine spending 4 years obsessively fighting on the internet for a model swap with flower effects.

Don't blame Sakurai. Blame Nintendo for keeping her around as Peach's accessory.

People on YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, and smashboards are happy about Daisy's inclusion, so I am happy for them.

As for Waluigi I never had any hope for him despite his sudden popularity after brawl.

i will try using Daisy a bit since Peach has been my main in the past ... but if the hoe starts screaming as soon as she down smashes im over her.

Toad and Captain Toad are different characters. Toad being part of Peach's moveset doesn't mean the Captain can't make it in, but it might hurt his chances.

I can't believe we live in a world now where Geno is the most likely Mario character. That's just surreal and wrong.

i just hope Daisy is not the only thing we get from Mario, because boy if that's the case that's a huge dissapoinment.

Captain America said:
Toad and Captain Toad are different characters. Toad being part of Peach's moveset doesn't mean the Captain can't make it in, but it might hurt his chances.

I can't believe we live in a world now where Geno is the most likely Mario character. That's just surreal and wrong.

Speaking of Geno, Salurai wants him in Smash but why isn't he in?

I mean, I know it's the Square Enix thing, but if so, then how come Cloud is here? Is there something I'm missing?

Iron Man said:
Captain America said:

I mean, I know it's the Square Enix thing, but if so, then how come Cloud is here? Is there something I'm missing?

Cloud's a bigger deal then Geno by a large margin. Also Sakurai wanted to fulfill a request for a Final Fantasy character. And Cloud was the most popular one.

Cloud just benefits Square alot more then Geno does since he's from a game made more then 20 years ago that can't quite compare to the impact FF7 made on the industry, plus is getting a Remake (...Which probably won't come out until the next decade the rate it's going but still)

Geno only comes in if he really, really wants to fulfill the request of what was a huge underdog support for such an unlikely character in the Brawl speculation days. Square might prefer something of their other franchises though. You have Dragon Quest, Tomb Raider, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, maybe even a 2nd Final Fantasy character from a game that was on a Nintendo system, etc. Square has no shortage of characters that would make great choices for Smash

Northern Verve said:
Iron Man said:
Captain America said:

Cloud's a bigger deal then Geno by a large margin. Also Sakurai wanted to fulfill a request for a Final Fantasy character. And Cloud was the most popular one.

Cloud just benefits Square alot more then Geno does since he's from a game made more then 20 years ago that can't quite compare to the impact FF7 made on the industry, plus is getting a Remake (...Which probably won't come out until the next decade the rate it's going but still)

Geno only comes in if he really, really wants to fulfill the request of what was a huge underdog support for such an unlikely character in the Brawl speculation days. Square might prefer something of their other franchises though. You have Dragon Quest, Tomb Raider, Chrono Trigger, Kingdom Hearts, maybe even a 2nd Final Fantasy character from a game that was on a Nintendo system, etc. Square has no shortage of characters that would make great choices for Smash
I am sad we never got a Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger character in Smash 4 because we would have gotten newcomer art drawn by Akira Toriyama.

Captain America said:
I am sad we never got a Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger character in Smash 4 because we would have gotten newcomer art drawn by Akira Toriyama.
Slap Secret of Mana on there as well and I fully agree with you.

Personally, I think Geno is a terrible choice for a newcomer, much less, a Mario one.

Oh I'm not crazy for Geno, but Sakurai has considered him in the past and the only thing that stopped him from getting into Brawl was having to negotiate with Square Enix. Geno has a pretty big fan following and with how much Sakurai seems to be aiming to please the fans, I can see it happening.

He'd be best served as an assist trophy imo.

Everyone said:
Sorry if this question sounds offensive: Is he important to Mario series / Nintendo and Square Enix at this point? This should be a fair question. Both companies would have to promote their own original characters in the first place. Kingdom Heart series, which is co-develped by SE an Disney, is a similiari case.

We know after the SMRPG, SE still occasionally has some collaborative woks: Fortune Street and Mix Sports, but unfortunately these games do not come up with any SMRPG reference, not even original characters, which pretty has closed the case since then.

Also adding Nintendo still not adding any RPG-original candidates to the sport game rosters, this is a double difficulty.

He was seriously considered for Brawl, and copyright issue with Square Enix is what prevented him from getting in. He was momentarily considered for Smash 4, and Sakurai acknowledged that demand for him was high, but he ultimately ended up as a mii costume. It's possible Square requested that Final Fantasy be represented first and foremost before other Square properties.

At the point Sakurai personally wanted Geno back in Brawl, it could definitely happen. Sakurai personally wanting a character trumps any argument about relevancy.

Captain America said:
He was seriously considered for Brawl, and copyright issue with Square Enix is what prevented him from getting in.
Not sure it it's for real, but the fact about relevance with the Mario franchise is indeed an issue after all.

It's not being mean to a specific RPG character, but to be fair other Nintendo's own PRG characters like the Paper partners are in the same situation for not obtaining further spotlight in the franchise. Still, just based on Fortune Street / Mix Sports, it feels like either one lacks the will to push collaborative characters between the two parties.

Well BTW, I would wish that Cloud and LIghtning appears in Mix Sports title in a Mario style look.

I don't know, remember what happened to Geno in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: The Remake?

Well, there's also many other characters Sakurai had personally wanted who had never been in a Smash Bros. game, Mach Rider and Takamaru to name a few. Mach Rider eventually ended up as a trophy in Melee and Takamaru as an Assist Trophy in Smash 4.

Also, I'd prefer other Square properties get representation over Geno if they had to get another from Square. IMO Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts are far more interesting and better for another Square rep than a one-off character from a Mario RPG who has an extreme niche following to begin with.

Back