The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 4, Round 4)

Re: The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 2, Round 2)

I've never played DX, but as far as I know Robo Mario isn't in it, unlike 1 and 2. I believe I played one of those a long time ago however I'm not sure which. I voted for 2 though as it has Waluigi while 1 does not. I wish Robo Mario came back and became playable.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Metal Mario is a playable character, and he could turn metal too, making a Metal Metal Mario.

Legit question: does the Metal Mushroom texture look any different from playable Metal Mario's texture? Or did they take the lazy way out and make them identical?

As far as I know, it seems very similar. I don't recall Metal Mario using a metal box, but I don't know if I recall correctly about Mario using it.

Re: The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 4, Round 1)

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX won by a longshot, with 6 out of 7 votes. The last vote went to Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. Similarly, Mario Party DS won the last poll, with 9 out of 12 votes.

The current poll is for the best Mario Golf game! NES Open Tournament Golf and Mario Sports Superstars are also included as voting options. Please only take the golf mode of Sports Superstars into account if you want to vote for that.

World Tour was an easy pick for me because it’s practically the only one I’ve played (besides Sports Superstars, which World Tour obviously tops).

Haven't really played much of any. I vaguely remember playing Toadstool Tour for a few minutes on one of those McDonald's GameCubes. I guess that one wins by default then. As far as I remember it was fine, I was just terrible at it.

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Funny opening cutscene
Mgtt_intro_4.png

Viable 2-player team mode
800px-MGTT_-_Bowser_and_Luigi_%28Eagle%29.png

Character-specific taunts
799px-ToadstoolTour_Taunts_fr.png

Flashy nice shots
800px-ToadstoolTour_NiceShot_fr.png

Mario saying how much he has been on fire lately.

NO MIIS or generic human schmucks that aren't Charlie.

Ability to turn off the music (for the record, seems like Mario Golf 64, Mario Golf: World Tour, and Sports Superstars already lets you do this).

Some characters look like ass to unlock. Bowser Jr. being completing the effing Birdie Challenge.

World Tour has flashier post-hole animations, but has a shitty Castle Club mode that forces you to use a Mii and has a ton of unlocks behind that mode. Also, no team mode like in Toadstool Tour. There are some interesting challenges though, and the characters constantly mumbling to themselves is hilarious. The golf courses are also the most interesting to look at.

Sports Superstar is just World Tour but stripped down. You can't even challenge a selected AI opponent for crying out loud. Also, all the courses are bland and easier than World Tour's courses. But it has Baby Mario, Metal Mario, and Baby Luigi playable so yay?

I feel like both world Tour and Toadstool tour have good additions that I can't decide which is better.

Though I'm terrible at either.

This is a very tough choice to make, because it's a toss-up between Toadstool Tour, Advance Tour and World Tour. What I like about each is...

Toadstool Tour has the best music selection and it has a huge variety of game modes.
Advance Tour is the simplest Mario Golf game and the music is a nice interpretation of Toadstool Tour's.
World Tour has the widest range of characters and courses if you have the DLC, but I didn't.

I voted for Advance Tour because it's a golf RPG and it's also the simplest golf experience due to how everything is in 2D.

Thank you for reading.

Whichever one let me play as Baby Luigi

BabyLuigiGolfMSS.png

Re: The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 5, Round 1)

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour won this time around! I'd like to say it was a well-deserved win, but I've never gotten a chance to play the game.

The current poll is for the best Paper Mario game! Voting ends Saturday evening! Also, Paper Jam counts as a Mario & Luigi game in this thread, and will be an option in the next poll. I haven’t forgotten Super Mario RPG either; it will be featured in a later poll.

Mine is an obvious Color Splash; I haven’t gotten a chance to play any other game in the series.

I am going to vote for Colour Splash mainly to support some changes that I hope will turn up in later games: the real paper scenery

The only Paper Mario games I have played fully are the first one and Colour Splash, and for Thousand Year Door I only watched a Let's Play so most of the tedium isn't really felt if there's any. I am going to vote for Colour Splash to support some of the neat things they did with the series, such as use of real instruments to play their music (if the credits are anything to go by), creative use of craft materials to form environments, wide variety of environments, and a number of neat things they did with the battle. I hope that future Paper Mario games have a few things I liked in battle: 1) Hammer attacks (not just special ones) also affects enemies behind the target, able to have any enemy as a partner and Things as powerful "summons".

Thank you for reading.

Mine is Super Paper Mario. I feel like it peaked the aspects I love most about the series, being the story and characters, especially the villains. I can't support anything from Sticker Star onward for removing those things as I feel they are a fundamental aspect of the Paper Mario series.

First game.

First game, don't like the second all that much

I chose Color Splash, even if I only have Super Paper Mario, which is my second favourite.

WOAH COLOR SPLASH HAS AS MUCH AS SPM!

Not that it’s a bad thing, ok...

Anyway, SPM because it’s the one that has the saddest story (and this I like imo) and also, it always gives me nostalgia when I play it, because of remembering the parts where I got stuck... even the bad parts like Chapter 2-3 and 7-3.

Re: The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 5, Round 1 Tiebreaker)

It’s a tie between Thousand-Year Door and SPM!!! With that, I have started a tiebreaker poll that will last until Tuesday evening (EDT).

I can’t vote in this one (I've only played Color Splash), but happy voting to everyone else!

Re: The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 5, Round 2)

Thousand-Year Door won, with a score of 7-3!

The current poll is to decide the best Mario & Luigi game! The GBA and 3DS versions of Superstar Saga will be counted together, but Minion Quest should not be a factor into any votes. This poll ends Monday, May 21!

I voted Dream Team. Superstar Saga was amazing, but Dream Team is the most outstanding RPG I have ever played. Nostalgia contributes to that vote as well. I haven’t played either PIT or BIS. Paper Jam, while good, doesn’t come close to the others.

The one with the yelling every time you switch moves or brothers and with Firebrand and Thunderhand.

Bowser's inside story for me.

you know in the end the poll results don't change the fact that Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is ©The Best RPG Ever Made™®

When will Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars be an option?

I voted for Partners in Time, as I’ve only played that and Dream Team, and PiT felt like a much better game overall.

Back