The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 4, Round 4)

Re: The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 3, Round 2)

Voted for Star Rush. But DS is a very close second with its story mode. But, story mode isn't needed in Star Rush really.

Mario Party DS. Easy. The only traditional-style Mario Party handheld and a full-featured single-card multiplayer to boot, something Mario Kart DS can only dream of.

I went with DS mainly because of the minigames and boards.

Quick question before the next poll: has anyone played any of the Mario Party arcade games? If so, I’ll split next week into two polls: Mario Kart arcade games the first four days, and Mario Party arcade games the last three days. Otherwise, next week is just for the MK Arcade games.

I haven't. Also, the Mario Party Arcade games, they're retooled console Mario Parties. Mario Kart Arcade games are standalone.

Literally nobody here could've played the arcade Mario Parties because they're all only available in Japan.

Re: The Ultimate Mario Face-Off!!! (Division 2, Round 2)

Sorry I’m a couple days late, but there’s a new poll!

The current one is for the best Mario Kart arcade game! I haven’t played any of them, so I’m relying on you guys to show me which is best!

Oh, and before anyone comments on it, I am well aware that the fourth option in the poll is a Japan-only game. Unless someone took a trip to Japan’s arcades and played this game, I don’t expect anyone to choose it, despite it looking like the coolest Mario Kart arcade game. Anyway, happy voting!

The poll closes Friday night (EDT)!

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX because Metal Mario is there, and their kart designs, even if it's determined by some stupid slot, are great, are overall a ton better than junk like the Biddybuggy, roller tires, Yoshi Bike, condom car Ink Striker, Teddy Buggy, Super Blooper, Bullet Bike, Cact-X, B-Dasher, or Egg 1.

MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_1.jpg
Mach_Pegasus.jpg
Blooper_Diver.jpg

Turbo_Dolphin.jpg
MKAGPDX_Mario_Special_4.jpg
MKAGPDX_Bowser_Kart.jpg

they even have the patty mobile
Hamburcar.jpg

You can't customize karts in the arcade games right?

Nope. In GP DX, the kart you get is determined by a slot.

Also, GP DX would be my vote, because Baby Mario is playable, but it gets no points from me by including fucking Baby Peach over goddamn Baby Luigi.

Well that makes sense The pre-designed non changable karts always looked better than the mix and match ones from 7 and 8

I still prefer the mix and match system, mostly because I enjoy giving everything Monster tires.

GP DX is pretty much the only arcade Mario kart game I've played. It's in an arcade near my home.

Mcmadness said:
Well that makes sense The pre-designed non changable karts always looked better than the mix and match ones from 7 and 8
Tell me how these look any good. Especially that first one. Easily the worst kart design in the entire series.
MKDSShootingStar.png

120px-SuperBlooper-Daisy.png
PiranhaProwler-DonkeyKong.png

800px-Mkdd_dk_jumbo.jpg

You could probably get most of the karts in games before MK7 and 8, and put them in newer ones as Kart Bodies (which they've already done for a few).

If someone ever puts the Shooting Star over amazing P-Wing, I will cry out in pain.

Princess Mario said:
Tell me how these look any good. Especially that first one. Easily the worst kart design in the entire series.

Well everything looks ugly in MKDS.

I don't see the problem with the others. Just vehicles based off Mario/DK stuff.

The Super Blooper just looks like they grabbed a Blooper and added wheels to it. Compare it to the other vehicular Blooper designs

Blooper_Diver.jpg
Blooper_Spaceship_stamp_MK8.png

Piranha Prowler and DK Jumbo, I probably just don't like it at all. I think I'm more drawn to more vehicle-like karts rather than just slapping tires on an enemy or a part of a Mario thing, like the Tyrant, the Mushmellow, the Egg 1, Cheep Charger, or the Piranha Prowler.

Nah, there are some nice cars in Mario Kart DS. The Shooting Star isn't even that. It's just a box with wheels with a star on the front. More so, it's an unlockable kart, and literally every other unlockable kart look better, most are better than the default. See Tyrant vs. Hurricane; Poltergust 4000 vs. Streamliner; Mushmellow vs. 4-wheel cradle; Egg 1 vs. Cucumber; ROB circle thing vs ROB tall wheel thing; Rambi Rider vs. the jeep. Dry Bomber, Firefly, 3-wheeler bike, are fine. Light Tripper and Light Dancer are just reskins of each other, but I'd take a red Streamliner than the Shooting Star any time of the day. So just imagine my disappointment when Mario gets not only one, but TWO ugly as sin vehicles.

So your statement that the "mix and match ones don't look as good as the predesigned stuff", it's not completely accurate. You can't move the goalpost and say, "Well Mario Kart DS is ugly anyway". A lot of Mario Kart 8 and 7 bodies look great too. And even if the platform wasn't Mario Kart DS, tell me if the Shooting Star will look any better in a more powerful console.

I've never played any Mario Kart arcade games even though I did notice them in the arcade, but if I were to choose, I would go for Mario Kart Arcade GP DX because it has the most features and has the most characters. I would be satisfied with 2 because they have the temerity to add Waluigi, which I appreciate because it's awesome. Still, can't go wrong with the most definitive version yet.

Thank you for reading.

The slots mechanic in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX is pretty "not cool", but I don't really care, because I literally always get cool items.

Last time I played it (the day I got Mario + Rabbids, actually, because it was my little brother's birthday), I was always getting Stars and Metal Mushrooms. Nintendo and Bandai Namco were right about turning the Metal Cap into a mushroom, because, well, can you imagine Bowser with Mario's cap in metallic? Or DK (OK exclude Toad, because he would simply be my OC in metal)

You could turn metal in this game, so I turned into the next Mario Kart playable character: Metal Baby Mario.

Metal Mario is a playable character, and he could turn metal too, making a Metal Metal Mario.

Back