Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

yeah but he's like the basic cover character and first character most have in mind. he's assist trophy first.

It would still be weird to hype up an arms character but not reveal them for some time only for it to be an obvious pick tho, don'tcha think?

i think revealing the series before the actual character was just a matter of tempering expectations in advance so that people didn't get upset that they waited 6 months for a freaking arms character (no hate to arms from me but i know the majority of people, especially smash fans, are ambivalent towards it at best), kinda like how people were upset that they waited 6 months for a fire emblem character. the fact that they didnt reveal min min in march is probably more due to development time meaning she wasn't ready yet rather than trying to hype things up

anyway im happy that min min is the arms rep, she's the best arms character and is a much better and more interesting character and fighter than spring man. spring man might be the guy on the cover but he's also the lamest character on the roster so im glad he's not the arms rep. min min for the win win. i dont play smash enough to justify buying the season pass (i didnt even buy the first one...) but i think min min looks interesting and unique and is a good addition

It was honestly a brilliantly insidious marketing campaing. They obviously wanted ARMS to take off as their next big-name franchise like Splatoon before it, but it just fizzled out before it could make it big (be it due to lack of interest, cutting support early on Nintendo's part, or both). Fast forward to when a second Fighters Pass is greenlit, and they get an idea.
  • Give ARMS a redemption slot in Ultimate
  • Say the character is from ARMS but keep the character itself a secret
  • Offer a free trial for a little while
  • People are talking more about ARMS in the past three months than in its entire lifetime
  • ARMS is now permanently engraved in the Nintendo fanbase's psyche as the mystery is revealed to us

• ARMS is now permanently engraved in the Nintendo fanbase's psyche as the mystery is revealed to us
then again people kinda shut up about ridley and king k rool after the fact. the attention span of the fanbase doesn't last very long, probably because satisfied fans are satisfied.

not like a playable smash appearance did anything to elevate ice climbers or r.o.b. to relevancy

Some details about Min-Min
. Her old spirit is still in the game, her fighter spirit is 2d artwork called Min-Min (Fighter)
.Speaking of that, equipping her own spirit to her makes her do an unbelievable Ammount of damage
. Classic route is basiclly a recap of ARMS, Gallom is the final boss
.Her victory poses and taunts are battle poses

New update out of nowhere, adds new stage: Small Battlefield, there is now random buttons for Battlefield and Omega Forms only, when I played a match on Small Battlefield, Zelda music played, it might be possible to play any song on any stage now or at least Smash orginal stages

What if all of Min Min's alts were just other ARMS characters? Wouldn't that, like, include everyone?

Also, Alph should be an Echo Fighter. Then Louie would be Olimar's alt.

New update out of nowhere, adds new stage: Small Battlefield, there is now random buttons for Battlefield and Omega Forms only, when I played a match on Small Battlefield, Zelda music played, it might be possible to play any song on any stage now or at least Smash orginal stages

I was hoping Small Battlefield was literally a more cramped version of regular battlefield so 8 player smashes are more chaotic but nope, it's just battlefield but with one less platform so that's boring.

also, mods laugh at this "feature" to add any music to only those stages; mods will let you play all music in all stages, so i don't understand why they don't extend that option to more stages i want to play metroid music in yoshi stages and vice versa and FINALLY let us play super mario world music in the super mario world stage

that's cool but mods aren't and never will be in the base game which is the version that a large majority of consumers own so i think it's good to be happy that the devs are taking feedback and making their own improvements

My point is, I don't see why this feature is restricted to only Final Destination and the Battlefields, like at all. It feels completely arbitrary, and besides, you could already play on Battlefield and Final Destination variants of pretty much every other stage in the game anyway. If they want to expand options in this manner, they should have done it all the way rather than limiting it to just the Smash stages.

And besides modding isn't accessible to everyone due to limited means of entry. Not everyone has a jig, not everyone has a big micro sd card to fit 15 gb of data and some to spare, not everyone wants to risk getting banned from online, not everyone has a pre summer 2017 Switch, not everyone even wants to jump through hoops. I mean for all the flaws mods can fix, doesn't mean official improvements to the game that aren't 100% perfect should be scoffed at.

It's bit arbitrary, that implementation, and I do hope they consider expanding it for the rest of the stages for everyone to enjoy rather than modifying some prc file or something.

Last edited:
Well what bugs me, is that stuff like this isn't all that difficult to implement from my experience tweaking around with params and stuff. It's Nintendo putting an arbitrary restriction on what looks to be a very cool feature, like they decided for you that no, you still cannot play Mach Rider music in Big Blue or Super Mario Bros. 3's overworld music from Melee into Yoshi's Island because they wanted to streamline what they think is "suitable" music for stages.

My argument here is that My Music's organization is more of a problem than having 900+ music to begin with and it's still a major chore to sort through series that have a considerable amount of music. My Music started off in Brawl as that was the first game to have multiple music per stage, but as that grew, My Music's organization stayed the same without any improvements. The new music feature for the Smash stages addresses this by organization of music by series, but I feel like My Music needs further improvement on organization, such as the option of creating playlists of what music you want to play in the stage rather than adjusting frequencies for like 50+ music in the Mario stage, or having a search feature or organizing music by music name in the list or something. Smash Run had a playlist-like feature and that was sadly adandoned.

I do appreciate the implementation of such a feature for players who do not have mods, as they're usually more user friendly to boot as well, especially with how the music is organized in that implementation, but I'm still strongly disappointed that it's restricted to only FD/BF.

Also, I apologize if my tone was a bit condescending and brash, but Nintendo had a history of putting arbitrary restrictions on what are otherwise great ideas (ie 8 player smash stage restrictions in Smash Wii U or their Stamina mode being crap in Wii U) and it annoys me to see them doing something like this again.

Oh btw, the feature isn't even all that well-implemented to begin with, there's a giant oversight that I hope is fixed in a future patch.

The feature removes My Music settings for Final Destination and Battlefield, meaning you cannot adjust chances of Smash series music being played on the stage; you have to pick the music every time if you want to play Smash series music on the stage. Additionally, the percent chance of other music being played on other stages is global (if you have exclusively Bob-omb Battlefield playing in the Mario stages, it will apply there on this stage), so if you want random chances back for Smash series music, you need to disable every other music in the game.

Last edited:
BTW speaking of modding, the developers created boolean (true/false) values (for the big music selection we see in Battlefield and Final Destination) for the stages for the update so they could technically introduce an update that includes an expansive music selection for all stages and the effort will take around maybe one hour or so (without a script).

so just saying, it's feasible for them to build on this and not even break that much of a sweat. hope they do.

How about Air

You just never fight on land, you rely on specials and aerials only.

welp, guess that deconfirms paper mario as a character (maybe). kinda sad cause i was hoping for him to be playable, but other characters i want still have a chance

Speaking of origami king, I think I'll probably have it this week. but anyways, (why did I kinda change subject) I'll just ask, does the online tournament normally work better than quickplay? It kinda is with me

Back