Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Paper Mario the First

He is the one and only....
yeah but he's like the basic cover character and first character most have in mind. he's assist trophy first.

J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
Ribbon Girl is also on the cover, isn't she? She and Spring Man are kind of co-mascots of the game.

Koops

Koops, King of Cowards.
It would still be weird to hype up an arms character but not reveal them for some time only for it to be an obvious pick tho, don'tcha think?

Vera Misham

Ace Artist
i think revealing the series before the actual character was just a matter of tempering expectations in advance so that people didn't get upset that they waited 6 months for a freaking arms character (no hate to arms from me but i know the majority of people, especially smash fans, are ambivalent towards it at best), kinda like how people were upset that they waited 6 months for a fire emblem character. the fact that they didnt reveal min min in march is probably more due to development time meaning she wasn't ready yet rather than trying to hype things up

anyway im happy that min min is the arms rep, she's the best arms character and is a much better and more interesting character and fighter than spring man. spring man might be the guy on the cover but he's also the lamest character on the roster so im glad he's not the arms rep. min min for the win win. i dont play smash enough to justify buying the season pass (i didnt even buy the first one...) but i think min min looks interesting and unique and is a good addition

Pokerninja2

Cheep Cheep
It was honestly a brilliantly insidious marketing campaing. They obviously wanted ARMS to take off as their next big-name franchise like Splatoon before it, but it just fizzled out before it could make it big (be it due to lack of interest, cutting support early on Nintendo's part, or both). Fast forward to when a second Fighters Pass is greenlit, and they get an idea.
  • Give ARMS a redemption slot in Ultimate
  • Say the character is from ARMS but keep the character itself a secret
  • Offer a free trial for a little while
  • People are talking more about ARMS in the past three months than in its entire lifetime
  • ARMS is now permanently engraved in the Nintendo fanbase's psyche as the mystery is revealed to us

Paper Mario the First

He is the one and only....
  • ARMS is now permanently engraved in the Nintendo fanbase's psyche as the mystery is revealed to us
then again people kinda shut up about ridley and king k rool after the fact. the attention span of the fanbase doesn't last very long, probably because satisfied fans are satisfied.

not like a playable smash appearance did anything to elevate ice climbers or r.o.b. to relevancy

Gojirin

Roar
Some details about Min-Min
. Her old spirit is still in the game, her fighter spirit is 2d artwork called Min-Min (Fighter)
.Speaking of that, equipping her own spirit to her makes her do an unbelievable Ammount of damage
. Classic route is basiclly a recap of ARMS, Gallom is the final boss
.Her victory poses and taunts are battle poses