Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I didn't need to see thick gym dragon ._.

Oh I've seen worse than this. Thicc gym dragon is the least of one's problems.

The gym dragon just looks awful.

Nintendo direct mini spoilers

the specific character wasn't revealed, but the first character in the second fighter's pass is from Nintendo's own Arms and is currently scheduled for release in June

surprised but down with this, new franchises are always welcome in the roster in my book and this is a good first party choice, plus I like the little I've played of the game

not sure how likely it is but hoping it's Spring Man, not only because he's who I consider the mascot but also because he's currently an assist trophy and therefore would open the doors for every one else in the base game as a non playable role to get promoted here

Curious as to how this will turn out given the ARMS content already in the game.

• Main Theme (ARMS) - I mean, not including this in the game would be a HUGE missed opportunity.
  • Via Dolce (ARMS)

This actually means we're getting ARMS music!

The interesting thing here is that depending on which character they add, it will confirm various character upgrades as possible. Let me elaborate:
- If Min-Min, Twintelle, or Ninjara is the character, then it will confirm that spirits can become fighters.
- If Ribbon Girl is the character, then it will confirm that spirits and Mii fighter costumes can become fighters.
- If Spring Man is the fighter, then it will confirm that spirits, Mii fighter costumes, and Assist Trophies can become fighters.

This is exciting for me because there are spirits (Rayman) and assist trophies (Shovel Knight, Waluigi) who I want to be playable. If Spring Man is the character, then other assist trophies being upgraded becomes very likely, so for that reason I kind of want it to be him. However, if I'm choosing the characters for their own sake, then I'd prefer Min-Min, who I think is the character they are most likely going to pick since she is the most popular character from ARMS (plus she won that tournament thing).

Reactions: zel
really hoping it's one of those five regardless, not just because I'm ready to toss this rule into the fire with all the other dead fan rules but also the character would be a unique addition regardless and imo they're the five most notable ones so if it was someone else it wouldn't really feel right to me, if that makes sense? like they're the ones that represent the game currently for a reason

I also think it is one of the five and I'll put a bet on it being either Ribbon Girl or Min-Min for now

If it is Spring Man, that would just lead to the return of the "WALUIGI FOR SMASH" thing....

And I HOPE it doesn't come to that, not to rain down on people who want Waluigi but I am NOT ready to see people start an uproar on it.

I have wondered for a while whether these 'fighting' Assist Trophies like Spring Man, Knuckle Joe, Takmura etc. could be small templates for playable characters, they'd already had a small moveset to work with, and have several animations already in place.

Don't know much about the series, but I say it's probably going to be like Hero, where it's four people with two color swaps each, like the gender swaps, or like the Koopalings, where they have eight different characters as a swap.

And I HOPE it doesn't come to that, not to rain down on people who want Waluigi but I am NOT ready to see people start an uproar on it.
It wouldn't be as bad as you think because while last time was outrage at a deconfirmation, this would likely be rejoicing over his chances suddenly getting much more likely, though if he still doesn't get in after that then things could get very hairy.

Tbh I just want this to finally prove that spirits can become fighters.

My Bandana Dee needs it.
Bandana Dee is right up there with King Boo and Captain Toad for me.

It wouldn't be as bad as you think because while last time was outrage at a deconfirmation, this would likely be rejoicing over his chances suddenly getting much more likely, though if he still doesn't get in after that then things could get very hairy.

And this is exactly my problem.

People getting their hopes up too much. And the worst part is that it would be justified in this case.

And this is exactly my problem.

People getting their hopes up too much. And the worst part is that it would be justified in this case.
Ultimately, people getting their hopes up doesn't matter unless they affect others by acting negatively when their hopes are dashed. Granted, there is a high chance of that happening if he does not get added after assist trophy upgrades are confirmed (not that that doesn't happen to some extent with every fighter that gets revealed). Therefore, assist trophy upgrades being confirmed (if it happens) will come with a degree of risk that can either go well or go badly depending on what Nintendo does after that.

"Ultimately"... Heh heh heh...

So, quick question, was the wording Sakurai and Reggie used that hard to descriptor as "everyone in ths past games is already playable in Ultimate so they will be new characters" instead of "THEY SAID UNIVERSES NOT REPRESENTED IN SMASH IN ANY WAY, THEY LIEEEEEEE, *Zim voice* THEYYYYYYÝYYYYYYYYYY LIEEEEEE3" bullshit that 3rd party only people use when they want to cause a flamewar?
And I'm supposed to be the one who can't read cues, geeze

Last edited:
Back