Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

The "stage" with Rathalos is completely flat, has no other features, is really long, and has walk offs. Sounds like a boring stage. It's reminiscent of where you fought guys like Rayquaza in subspace. Look closely and you'll notice the same thing about Dracula. He appears in an area different from the castle stage and it's got the same layout as Rathalos. Additionally, there are several times when only one character is shown on screen during these boss fights. Sounds like single player. Plus Sakurai was hesitant to say when exactly Dracula appears.

My bet is a Melee style Adventure mode with Brawl style bosses. I'd be down for that.

Deku said:
The "stage" with Rathalos is completely flat, has no other features, is really long, and has walk offs. Sounds like a boring stage. It's reminiscent of where you fought guys like Rayquaza in subspace. Look closely and you'll notice the same thing about Dracula. He appears in an area different from the castle stage and it's got the same layout as Rathalos. Additionally, there are several times when only one character is shown on screen during these boss fights. Sounds like single player. Plus Sakurai was hesitant to say when exactly Dracula appears.

My bet is a Melee style Adventure mode with Brawl style bosses. I'd be down for that.

I hope so. I never played Melee or Brawl, which is why I want at least an adventure mode. Story more would be better, but I take what I can get.

Johnny Five said:
There is this huge batch of screenshots and

zyHwIdA.jpg

It's so beautiful!

(°0°)

Paper Mario: TTYD HD confirmed.

Anyhoo, anybody else notice that the green colored option wasn't the only thing blurred out? There was also an option on the ZR dashboard that they blurred as well. Speculation on what that could be? Presumably it has to do with the green mode, but it could be something else.

Definitely has to do with the green mode. It's the only thing they censored in the dashboard, and the only thing that was censored on the main menu was the green mode.

I'm glad that Stamina battles no longer require the Special Mode. Now they can have up to 8 players, and allow for several stock. They were always my favorite type of Smash, and I'm glad that they now allow for more customization. Time for some really epic 8-player boss battles!

I wonder what's going to happen to Coin Smash, though. We don't yet know if it's returning.

Stamina mode will only be worth playing if and ONLY IF characters make their Star KO yell when they die.

Deku said:
Voice work is typically done later in development. Most characters not in the demo have shown no audio clips either.

Answering to this since i kinda missed this thread , it moved way too fast after the direct lol.

Well, honestly i don't think so in the case of Mario characters since characters like Link, Ganondorf, Zelda , Marth and Ike have new voices in the demo itself.

Voice work is actually done during development stages and not after to my understanding.

Taking the MK8 example, during the very first demo and trailers they were using MKWii sounds and voices but after the 3rd trailer they already updated the voices and when they made the final demo build every character had their new voiceovers.

Also bringing it up because a friend of mine actually contacted Rosalina's voice actress (Laura) via email and asked if she was gonna be her voice in this new game. She send me a twitter DM with the screenie of the reply because she was kinda bummed by the response.

ISLLpR2.png

Tbh on my end i won't be mad at all, i like the Brawl voices and MK7 Rosalina is still featured in Mario Tennis Aces lol , so it kinda ages well for me.

Im not counting on Daisy getting anything either since we hear her generic YAAAAAAOOOOO from MK8 in the trailer so yeah, recycling.

sigh.

The best part about the Direct infos is the number of battlefields. I also really loved the King K. Rool reveal.

So I'm late to all of this but...

OH
MY
FUCKING
GOD

The leak was right... Simon is there. But Richter too...

Dark Samus and Chrom are Echoes. I'm ok with that.

And King K Rool! And his moveset so far is everything I wanted!

But seriously, I thought Ridley killing Mario and MegaMan was bad. But boy was I on the edge of my seat there.

But that secret mode... I think it's gonna be a great surprise. I'm still not hoping for a big-ass story mode, but if it happens, then ok, Sakurai.

And he said more fighters are coming...

I can't contain myself anymore. Everything in the direct was great.

Pikmin too? And Sonic? And Animal Crossing? And Earthbound?

Wario has like only two stages iirc, so it's easy for it to return. Same with Pikmin. Basically franchises introduced in Brawl have it easy.

Sad that there is no Poke Floats. Would have been really crazy and fun to play on in 8-player smash. And Stage Morph to boot.

supermariofan said:
So far it seems Kirby, Zelda, Mother, Wario, Fire Emblem And Kid Icarus are the only franchises to have all stages return.

every stage from Pikmin, Sonic, and Animal Crossing is also back. plus every single-stage franchise minus Miiverse

ninja but saying anyway

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Pikmin too? And Sonic? And Animal Crossing? And Earthbound?

Wario has like only two stages iirc, so it's easy for it to return. Same with Pikmin. Basically franchises introduced in Brawl have it easy.

Sad that there is no Poke Floats. Would have been really crazy and fun to play on in 8-player smash. And Stage Morph to boot.
I did say Earthbound. I’m thinking Sakurai is giving Poke Floats an update, I don’t just mean enhanced graphics, but add other generations of Pokémon to make the stage bigger than before.

It sucks that Rainbow Road is not here. I'd have preferred it over Mario Circuit Brawl again (which is now called Figure 8 Circuit) if they're trying to limit how many Mario Kart stages there are. Mario Kart 7 had one of the most magical and beautiful Rainbow Roads, while the Wii U and Switch versions all looked more... manmade I guess? Even the retro ones seemed to be made out of glass lights instead of magical fields of rainbow. I'd have liked to see that magical style of Rainbow Road in HD. But I can't complain since I have the Flavion and that was my most crucial returning stage request so yay.

I'm most bummed by the lack of Mute City. It was one of the first transition stages that made you fought all over the map and it was really fun to play on.

Rainbow Road is my least favourite Mario Kart themed stage. The Karts are way too powerful, and often hard to avoid due to the fact cover almost the entire stage when they appear.

I'm pretty sure we've seen the final stage total. Sakurai's language in the direct implies as such. And even if by some miracle we get more stages in the base game, I'm sure they'll all be new stages. There's no reason to hide old stages at this point. I could maybe see them hiding a Golden Sun or Rhythm Heaven stage for obvious reasons.

Some of the remaining old stages as DLC? I can totally see that happening, especially the N64 stages.

Eh, the only segment they're annoying to avoid on is one of the segments where they simply drive on the side with ramps and stuff, there apparently are no safe platforms there. You could still effectively shield against them, though, they don't do much shield damage.

The road while you're moving through the stage does do ridiculous knockback though.

Back