Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I don't care if it's "unfitting", it might surprisingly work well.

I don't think we can get more unfitting than "Environmental Noises" from Pikmin.

Or "Gamer" since it doesn't play any music.

Solid Snake said:
Gamefreak75 said:
Don't even get me started on Donkey Kong's soundtrack selection in the Wii U/3DS version...
Kongo Jungle
Jungle Level
Jungle Level Jazz Style
Jungle Level Tribal Style
Jungle Level Ver. 2
Jungle Hijinnxs
Swinger Flinger

All 7 of the above songs are remixes of the theme from the first level of DKC.
Because why put in more music from DKC2 and DK64 right?!

Gamefreak75 said:
It also doesn't help that they're, in my opinion, unnecessarily bloating the OST by just remixing the same songs that have already been remixed.

Yeah, I noticed this has been a trend, too. I've already heard another Duck Hunt medley, Wrecking Crew medley, Lost in Thoughts (the list goes on). Personally I'd prefer more songs that have never appeared in Smash before in any form.

I'm worried.

I'm pretty sure that Sakurai said that they didn't have any more newcomers.

Geno? Paper Mario?

Note: I can't hear anything correctly for my life, so hopefully I'm mistaken.

nah, he said they still had "a few" reveals in store. I don't think we'll know the final roster until maaaybe mid November or so

Yeah, this may seem ambitious, but I foresee four more unique characters and four more echoes. Bringing the total newcomer list to 8 unique and 8 echoes. Perfectly balanced, and also similar to Melee's newcomers. 8 original and 6 clones.

Here's my prediction:
hgciRmY.png

Unique chaacters:

-Inkling
-Ridley
-Simon Belmont
-King K. Rool
-Tapu Koko
-Bandana Dee
-Skull Kid
-Geno

Echoes:
-Daisy
-Richter Belmont
-Chrom
-Dark Samus
-Isabelle
-Shadow
-Impa
-Dixie Kong

Deku said:
Yeah, this may seem ambitious, but I foresee four more unique characters and four more echoes. Bringing the total newcomer list to 8 unique and 8 echoes. Perfectly balanced, and also similar to Melee's newcomers. 8 original and 6 clones.

Here's my prediction:
hgciRmY.png

Unique chaacters:

-Inkling
-Ridley
-Simon Belmont
-King K. Rool
-Tapu Koko
(NO IDEA WHO THIS IS)
-Bandana Dee
(GREAT ADDITION. IF IT WORKS IN A FLASH GAME IT'LL WORK OFFICIALLY)
-Skull Kid
(EH, HE'S AN ASSIST. BEST TO KEEP HIM THAT WAY)
-Geno
(DO IT)

Echoes:
-Daisy
-Richter Belmont
-Chrom
-Dark Samus
-Isabelle
(NO OPINION)
-Shadow
(I'D PLAY AS SHADOW MORE THAN SONIC)
-Impa
(AS AN ECHO OF WHO?)
-Dixie Kong
(I'D BE DOWN FOR THIS)

My opinions are laced into your original comment.

Tapu Koko is a Pokemon from Sun and Moon. Verge claims the Gen VII rep is not Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu. That last one's already been disconfirmed. Tapu Koko works well as a representation of the style and story of Sun and Moon.

Skull Kid has a lot going for him. Fan favorite, unique, and the Moon is an assist but his trophy is nowhere to be seen. Plus I just really want a new Zelda character.

Impa as a Sheik echo.

Chrom and Dark Samus have shown that echoes don't have to be as 1 to 1 as we thought. Give her a hair spin up b, a bubblegum popgun, some throws using her hair, and use Diddy for the rest of the moveset, and bam you've got Dixie. Throw in unique animations like Dark samus has and she'd work.

I think it's likely to be 8/8 as well

my echo predictions are exactly the same as GP's. it seems they're adding a good chunk of popular characters as quick echoes, and all four of them would fit. the new info in the direct also helps with characters like Dixie

Deku said:
Chrom and Dark Samus have shown that echoes don't have to be as 1 to 1 as we thought. Give her a hair spin up b, a bubblegum popgun, some throws using her hair, and use Diddy for the rest of the moveset, and bam you've got Dixie. Throw in unique animations like Dark samus has and she'd work.

I'd be fine with your potential up-B as long as they slow it down. Crazy fast hair spin would look weeeeeird.

I'm starting to feel like Tails over Shadow as Sonic's echo might be a potential speculation upset.

I still feel like Shadow is more likely at the moment. But there a few things I want to point out that might at least show Tails has a fair shot.

1. Mii Costumes

In short, Tails got a Mii costume. Shadow didn't. It didn't work out for Knuckles since he's an AT. But how weird would it be that Knuckles and Shadow got upgrades from their roles in Brawl/Smash 4 but Tails was left behind the same as it ever was. (Unless he's being saved as a potential DLC candidate, which would be perfectly fine by me). Most of the newcomers in Ultimate thus far also got Mii costume DLC (Or even base game headgear in the case of Daisy) in Smash 4

2. Stage Juxtaposition + 2 Sonic stages already

Really minor point and they could do this for Shadow anyway. But you have Green Hill and Windy Hill, both are colorful as Sonic stages can be. Where if Shadow got in would leave some weird contrast as you have the edgy black hedgehog likely with a scowl to show his different personality from Sonic for his render amongst that colorful happy background. Whilst Tails appeared in Sonic Lost World while Shadow did not, so Windy Hill being his background would be just fine

3. Doubt on a 3rd Sonic stage

With Windy Hill and Green Hill confirmed. I don't think Sonic will get a 3rd Sonic stage. Though if they do, it will determine who's the next Sonic rep I'd feel. If it's Shadow, a Forces stage, Radical Highway or Space Colony Ark are options. If it's Tails, a Mania stage, or Chemical Plant (Which has appeared almost as often as Green Hill Zone lately. It appears in both Mania and Forces itself too, just like GHZ) would work great. A Forces stage would probably be the most likely since that's what Sega would want to push at the time of development. But I think we would of seen it already if there was a new Sonic stage myself.

Again, still think Shadow's most likely. But if Tails is announced first or heck if Shadow actually turns out to be an assist trophy again (We still haven't seen all the Assist Trophies yet. Elec Man is missing for example, maybe he was replaced with Zero possibly. Though no one's going to outright support Elec Man to be playable in Smash since he's definitely not on Shadow's level of popularity. So I'm not saying they're equivalent. But still something to keep an eye on). Then this is sort of an outline for should this kind of speculation upset happens.

I got the impression that 103 stages is the final number of stages for the base game, meaning any more would have to be added as DLC. Other people seem to be treating it as if they may not have announced all of them yet. The way they compared all the different games with Ultimate having 103 implies that it won't have any more than that number before DLC.

Czario said:
I got the impression that 103 stages is the final number of stages for the base game, meaning any more would have to be added as DLC. Other people seem to be treating it as if they may not have announced all of them yet. The way they compared all the different games with Ultimate having 103 implies that it won't have any more than that number before DLC.

This could be bad news for any unrepresented franchise reps until DLC. Though they could always have them have no real home like ROB. Though imagine getting the character but having no stage and no music from their series as a result.

Marth and Roy had no stage in Melee so it's not unheard of but nowadays I don't see that happening. And we know a FE stage was planned anyway.

Hence why all my newcomers in my prediction are from series with reps already.

They should add Gangplank Galleon as a stage since K. Rool is added. I doubt that’s the final number of stages. We still have months until the game’s official release.

It's possible that they are hiding stages from new franchises on purpose to prevent people from guessing so easily.
But if we really only get two new fighter franchises, I'm gonna be really bummed out

Deku said:
Tapu Koko is a Pokemon from Sun and Moon. Verge claims the Gen VII rep is not Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu. That last one's already been disconfirmed. Tapu Koko works well as a representation of the style and story of Sun and Moon.

Impa as a Sheik echo.

Tapu Koko is a Pokémon? No wonder. Don't play Pokémon.

Hm. Impa...as a Sheik echo. Hm. Doesn't really sound right. I don't know why, but it doesn't.

9CkGSUe.jpg

Love this stage in its hilariously awful glory

VIcHpZ0.jpg

Is 75m 2D now?

Moldomré said:
Deku said:

Impa as a Sheik echo.

Tapu Koko is a Pokémon? No wonder. Don't play Pokémon.

Hm. Impa...as a Sheik echo. Hm. Doesn't really sound right. I don't know why, but it doesn't.
Well Impa is the one who instructed Sheik. It would make sense for them to fight similarly. Plus Sheik's new final smash seems heavily Sheikah inspired in its aesthetic and is something I can totally see Impa doing.

JC said:
I really hope there are more Metroid songs unlockable than the ones listed in the Direct. Of the 25 total, tracks no. 14-23 were shown, meaning most of the songs not shown are from before Prime, unfortunately, since they're ordered chronologically. Hopefully SR388 Surface from Samus Returns for track 24 or 25. Good to see Opening / Menu (Metroid Prime) is back, not sure how I feel about a Federation Force song being in the game, but why would you bring back the two most boring songs (Lockdown Battle and Burning Lava Fish)?

Also I'm definitely setting the BoTW Switch presentation trailer theme to max for My Music, no other Zelda song matters anymore.
Well, at least it can't get as bad as Donkey Kong.

Northern Verve said:
Czario said:

This could be bad news for any unrepresented franchise reps until DLC. Though they could always have them have no real home like ROB. Though imagine getting the character but having no stage and no music from their series as a result.
Do we know all 103 stages yet? Because there's still the stage where Rathlos appeared.
I refuse to believe it's a new Adventure Mode until I see it with my own eyes.

ThatGuy62 said:
Do we know all 103 stages yet? Because there's still the stage where Rathlos appeared.
Yes, we do know all 103 stages.

The Rathlos stage does not necessarily mean an Adventure Mode, but it definitely isn't a multiplayer stage. It's too basic and generic-looking. I'm sure it's exclusive to a single-player mode that may or may not be an Adventure Mode (I personally think it is, but it could be something more akin to a Challenge mode).

Czario said:
ThatGuy62 said:
Yes, we do know all 103 stages.

The Rathlos stage does not necessarily mean an Adventure Mode, but it definitely isn't a multiplayer stage. It's too basic and generic-looking. I'm sure it's exclusive to a single-player mode that may or may not be an Adventure Mode (I personally think it is, but it could be something more akin to a Challenge mode).
I'm just a bit paranoid.
I remember when the Mega Man trailer ended with Mega Man, alone, about to face the Yellow Devil.
So I'm kinda skeptical about potential single player modes involving bosses.

Back