Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

조지 존스 said:
For me on my first play, I was playing as Luigi and it contained a swear word. Not to mention the ones that said (insert character name) sucks. I saw some funny ones too, when I was playing as Doctor Mario one time, there was a post that showed Doctor Mario brushing Wario's teeth. I'm glad that the stage no longer has posts in it. It won't be in Ultimate since it was shut down.[/color]
I saw a gender-swapped Falco in the Miiverse stage once

Thanos said:
saltypepper said:
according to nintendo, he apparently is ok

https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1027210656821469184

still though can't believe they could do this to luigi, i'm in tears writing this

img

gamespot asking the real questions here
IOeWxHA.jpg

saltypepper said:

still though can't believe they could do this to luigi, i'm in tears writing this
Good that Luigi is okay. (how could they do this during his 35th Year of Luigi)

I also can't believe that Nintendo still NOT confirming that Mario is okay!

Johnny Five said:
It seemed like they gave K. Rool generic animal noises like they did Bowser and the Kongs. I mean even if he hasn't appeared in a while, he has better voice clips than that, come on.

Nintendo needs to stop encouraging people to mod the game to clean their shit up for them

Pretty inconsistent on their part. How come Bowser Jr has his regular voice instead of a baby dragon like voice, yet the Kongs, K. Rool and HIS DAD have animal and monster vocal chords?!

Johnny Five said:
It seemed like they gave K. Rool generic animal noises like they did Bowser and the Kongs. I mean even if he hasn't appeared in a while, he has better voice clips than that, come on.
giphy.gif

Princess Mario said:
Johnny Five said:
giphy.gif

My reaction. (Internally, cause my brother would've killed me if I did that to his phone.

Seriously, what is with Nintendo giving Bowser such a weird voice for one series? His voice was fine!

supermariofan said:
Pretty inconsistent on their part. How come Bowser Jr has his regular voice instead of a baby dragon like voice, yet the Kongs, K. Rool and HIS DAD have animal and monster vocal chords?!
Bowser Jr. probably have his regular voice because he's a "kid-appeal" character like Yoshi.

Moldomré said:
Princess Mario said:
Johnny Five said:
giphy.gif

My reaction. (Internally, cause my brother would've killed me if I did that to his phone.

Seriously, what is with Nintendo giving Bowser such a weird voice for one series? His voice was fine!
Maybe Sakurai prefers generic animal noises and monster noises for beast villains.

I'm just guessing.

It's a leftover from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and they're too lazy to use new voice effects.

This is why Brawl should be purged from existence.

If we go back to the Smash 4 trailers, like the first one, they didn't even have any voices ready for that trailer. So I'm hoping this is simply just something that will be fixed in the final product.

This is why Brawl should be purged from existence.
But Project M :(

correction: vBrawl

mods are forgiveable

late, but that was a fantastic direct. a lot of great info, and I never expected to get five new characters in 30 minutes! and three of them were in my most wanted so that made it even better. this game is looking really great and I can't wait until December

assorted thoughts most of which were written in the middle of the night

- been getting more into Castlevania recently and I think it absolutely deserves content in Smash. Simon looks pretty much exactly how I imagined him being and he seems really fun. just about everything else is done great. tbh the one thing I'm still kind of ____ on is Richter because I would have kept it as one character per third party series but oh well! I do like how completely unexpected he was, I'd rather have him over someone like...say, Shadow

- seven Fire Emblem characters is hilarious, but also Chrom finally getting in after how it ended for him last game genuinely pleased me. I genuinely really wanted him for 4 too and I like using Roy so I expect I'll be using him quite a bit

- actually legitimately really hyped for Dark Samus, she was my top echo choice. my ideal Metroid roster was Samus/Zero Suit/Ridley/Dark Samus and I had no faith in the latter two getting in when the game was announced. I'm very happy to have been wrong here

- one DK newcomer down, one to go! :P King K. Rool obviously probably the highlight for me and my favorite reveal thus far. one of my favorite Nintendo characters, gives love to one of my favorite series, even ended up being my ballot vote. he looks just about perfect too, animal voices aside he seems like he's going to be just how I imagined

- the amount of returning stages is fantastic. I'm pretty sure we have all of the returning ones now and a few of my favorites don't seem to have made the cut (namely Poké Floats, Mute City Melee, and Rainbow Road) but I love what we got back

- brand new stages look nice, looking forward to New Donk City Hall the most

- not really bothered by who got knocked out of the running. I would have liked to see Ashley or Captain Toad playable but they weren't really among my most wanted

- pretty much everything else was great. especially looking forward to the music selection and the new classic mode

supermariofan said:
I can't find a complete source (Might need to bug Source Gaming into looking into it), but I did find this:
https://nintendoeverything.com/more-sakurai-smash-bros-tidbits-smash-run-enemies-human-sounding-voices-difficulty-with-melee-data/

Another question Sakurai addresses: “What was the reason to not have human-sounding voices for some of the characters?”

Characters like Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Dedede have had human-sounding voices in cartoons. That being said, Sakurai says that when it really comes to it, they have animal sounding voices.

Shadowshy said:
Thanos said:
saltypepper said:

img

gamespot asking the real questions here
IOeWxHA.jpg

Why him?!

Deku said:
76kxj652mze11.jpg

OOF.

On the plus side, Street Fighter has 36 tracks. Guile time baybee.

The two Final Fantasy tracks may be recycled from Smash 4.

Thanks copyright.

Deku said:
76kxj652mze11.jpg

OOF.

On the plus side, Street Fighter has 36 tracks. Guile time baybee.
Sephiroth’s theme?
Aeris’s Theme?
The Oppressed?
Holding My Thoughts in My Heart?
On that Day Five Years Ago?
Crazy Motorcycle Chase?
Midgar Slums?
Cosmo Canyon?
The Bombing Mission?
Make Reactor?

I hope they won’t stick with two like the previous game. There are plenty of other great tracks from FFVII besides battle music.

I really hope there are more Metroid songs unlockable than the ones listed in the Direct. Of the 25 total, tracks no. 14-23 were shown, meaning most of the songs not shown are from before Prime, unfortunately, since they're ordered chronologically. Hopefully SR388 Surface from Samus Returns for track 24 or 25. Good to see Opening / Menu (Metroid Prime) is back, not sure how I feel about a Federation Force song being in the game, but why would you bring back the two most boring songs (Lockdown Battle and Burning Lava Fish)?

Also I'm definitely setting the BoTW Switch presentation trailer theme to max for My Music, no other Zelda song matters anymore.

JC said:
I really hope there are more Metroid songs unlockable than the ones listed in the Direct. Of the 25 total, tracks no. 14-23 were shown, meaning most of the songs not shown are from before Prime, unfortunately, since they're ordered chronologically. Hopefully SR388 Surface from Samus Returns for track 24 or 25. Good to see Opening / Menu (Metroid Prime) is back, not sure how I feel about a Federation Force song being in the game, but why would you bring back the two most boring songs (Lockdown Battle and Burning Lava Fish)?

It also doesn't help that they're, in my opinion, unnecessarily bloating the OST by just remixing the same songs that have already been remixed. Like there's a new VS. Parasite Queen remix that plays in Dark Samus's trailer and is shown in the direct but we already had a Parasite Queen remix in Smash Bros. Like, why not use any of the other bosses from Prime 1 or Prime 2 (y'know, like Dark Samus's theme...?) or even Prime 3. They're all infinitely more memorable than the Parasite Queen anyways and have better music imo. It pains me to see Other M have more music than MP2:Echoes.

Don't even get me started on Donkey Kong's soundtrack selection in the Wii U/3DS version...

I don't care what Metroid songs are done, I want Tallon Overworld, both versions, as battle songs, preferably if they keep the original mood of those if they try a rerecording. I don't care if it's "unfitting", it might surprisingly work well.

Gamefreak75 said:
Don't even get me started on Donkey Kong's soundtrack selection in the Wii U/3DS version...
Kongo Jungle
Jungle Level
Jungle Level Jazz Style
Jungle Level Tribal Style
Jungle Level Ver. 2
Jungle Hijinnxs
Swinger Flinger

All 7 of the above songs are remixes of the theme from the first level of DKC.

Back