Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I kind of feel like there's still some new stages they just didn't want to show us yet for whichever reasons, but yeah I'm pretty sure this is all of the returning stages for at least base game. not much reason to hide them now

I think that the censored thing in the Direct is either Smash Run or challenges, some people may think that it is "spirits" or Adventure Mode, but that was in Games & More in Brawl and Melee.

조지 존스 said:
I think that the censored thing in the Direct is either Smash Run or challenges, some people may think that it is "spirits" or Adventure Mode, but that was in Games & More in Brawl and Melee.
So were the Vault and Options, but now they're not. Why would they hide Challenges?

You know what would be another great feature is if you have the ability to change any attack sound effects that were recorded in previous Smash games.

The censored mode is probably something everyone will be excited for, otherwise Sakurai wouldn't keep it as a surprise. So seeing how a lot of prople despised Smash Tour, it's not gonna be it. My bet is that it's something very big that Sakurai knows we will be happy to know about.

Still, menu screen looks great to navigate.

Maybe it’s a story mode that will be bigger than Brawl in terms of story. Maybe all the generic stock enemies are replaced by enemies from each franchise.

supermariofan said:
You know what would be another great feature is if you have the ability to change any attack sound effects that were recorded in previous Smash games.

I'd like to change sound effects. Period. I love the Rayman Origins/Legends cartoonish smack sound effects and I put it in Smash 4.

supermariofan said:
Maybe it’s a story mode that will be bigger than Brawl in terms of story. Maybe all the generic stock enemies are replaced by enemies from each franchise.

Don't get your hopes up for a story bigger then Brawl's. Reminder that Subspace took a lot of development time. There's no way they have over 70 characters and a large story mode.

I think it will be somewhere in between Subspace and Melee's Adventure mode. Maybe a few cutscenes here and there but nothing big.

I’m just gonna say it. I think Banjo will be in the base roster. It’s his 20th anniversary and it would be a waste if they don’t do anything to celebrate it. There’s no other way to celebrate it at this point than to put him in Smash as a base character.

Northern Verve said:
supermariofan said:

Don't get your hopes up for a story bigger then Brawl's. Reminder that Subspace took a lot of development time. There's no way they have over 70 characters and a large story mode.

I think it will be somewhere in between Subspace and Melee's Adventure mode. Maybe a few cutscenes here and there but nothing big.
Oh i'm sorry SonicMario are you on the developing team? Can you see the future?

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a few more stages up their sleeve for any remaining character reveals. That stage selection screen seems like it shouldn't have those blank spots at the bottom.

Ant-Man said:
Northern Verve said:
supermariofan said:

Oh i'm sorry SonicMario are you on the developing team? Can you see the future?
Dude. He’s just stating a possible theory. Don’t be an asshole.

This sounds like a weird wish but if there's a tiny little thing I want in Smash Ultimate, I want there to be a choice of different percentage HUDs.

You can either pick 64, Melee, Brawl, 4, or Ultimate's percentage display. It would be even cooler if everyone could have their own HUD too. Of course this probably wouldn't translate well into 8 Player Smash, but maybe as an extra thing in 4 player Smash.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they have a few more stages up their sleeve for any remaining character reveals. That stage selection screen seems like it shouldn't have those blank spots at the bottom.
Smash 3DS had blank slots for its character and stage menus. Those usually don't mean anything.

Deku said:
Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
Smash 3DS had blank slots for its character and stage menus. Those usually don't mean anything.
If there are no more new stages, then that would probably mean one of two things:

1. The remaining newcomers are all from series already in Smash
or
2. They'll pull a R.O.B. and throw any newcomers from different series into a misc. stage

saltypepper said:
This sounds like a weird wish but if there's a tiny little thing I want in Smash Ultimate, I want there to be a choice of different percentage HUDs.

You can either pick 64, Melee, Brawl, 4, or Ultimate's percentage display. It would be even cooler if everyone could have their own HUD too. Of course this probably wouldn't translate well into 8 Player Smash, but maybe as an extra thing in 4 player Smash.

Eh, the more customization options, the better. And I could see it working in 8-player Smash anyway. I've seen complex unique AI behaviors in other games that allow for more unique options for players than 8-player Smash.

The only customisation option I want now is the option to change between choosing characters before stages, and the new method of choosing a stage before your character. Though I would keep this on Characters before Stages if it was an option.

If it doesn't save your previous configuration, selecting your characters would be a major pain in the ass in this one.

I don't see why they suddenly changed it. I'm used to picking characters first than stages, it baffles me.

Speaking of customization options, I assume customizing normal characters will return from Sm4sh, since Miis are returning. However, I'd like real custom moves. I'd like the ability to change the categories for someone's special moves. For example, :mario:'s neutral-B is currently Fireball. Sm4sh introduced other types of that. However, other categories for that could be SMO based, such as different types of Cap Throws or simply a captured enemy from that game. I'd also like any moves that may have been replaced in the past to return, such as :mario:'s spin attack down-B.

Custom Final Smashes would be good as well. As another example, another Final Smash option for Kirby could be his original one from Brawl, Cook Kirby.

Moldomré said:
Speaking of customization options, I assume customizing normal characters will return from Sm4sh, since Miis are returning. However, I'd like real custom moves. I'd like the ability to change the categories for someone's special moves. For example, :mario:'s neutral-B is currently Fireball. Sm4sh introduced other types of that. However, other categories for that could be SMO based, such as different types of Cap Throws or simply a captured enemy from that game. I'd also like any moves that may have been replaced in the past to return, such as :mario:'s spin attack down-B.

Custom Final Smashes would be good as well. As another example, another Final Smash option for Kirby could be his original one from Brawl, Cook Kirby.

I doubt custom moves will happen because the game is LARGE in coding and data, I think it would only apply to the Miis if it returns. Custom Final Smashes, it seems less likely, I don't get the point of it. Speaking of custom options, I want to see the ability to change announcers since Xander Mobus is mediocre as an announcer.

I think All Star Mode will be the shortest one in the series. I’m thinking it’ll go from characters who appeared in 64, characters who appeared in Melee, characters who appeared in Brawl, characters who appeared in Smash 4 and then Ultimate.

You know, no matter how many different angles I look at her, Daisy really does just look like they cut her head off and put it on Peach's body.

JC said:
One thing I just noticed is that Yoshi's new idle animation is the same one from Yoshi's Island (File:SMW2yoshi.gif). Sakurai at it again with the attention to detail.
I saw someone point out that one of Bowser's punches now looks like his Inside Story animation.

Mcmadness said:
You know, no matter how many different angles I look at her, Daisy really does just look like they cut her head off and put it on Peach's body.
The devs are just using the ol' Koopaling method please understand

Mcmadness said:
And that's abnormal for Daisy because...?
(Daisy fan here)

Back