Mario Kart Tour

The Los Angeles Tour has just started 3 days ago with some baseball references.

If baseball was my favorite pastime, I'd be thrilled. Alas, it is not.

If baseball was my favorite pastime, I'd be thrilled. Alas, it is not.
Mario Baseball, maybe. I do have lots of fun playing Super Sluggers.

Since I always choose teams based on the captain, and not the teammates, I think I'll go with Mario. He's higher on my fav character list than Peach.

To take the winning side or Peach?

Yeah these team races are always rigged. If it was Luigi vs Waluigi, Luigi wins. If
vs Birdo, Yoshi wins.

But if Mario is a choice, it will always be Mario who wins, "I'm a gonna win." In those topaz eyes are evil! Pure evil! (Joking) He has automatic handicap.

Mario Baseball, maybe. I do have lots of fun playing Super Sluggers.

Since I always choose teams based on the captain, and not the teammates, I think I'll go with Mario. He's higher on my fav character list than Peach.

I did enjoy the Baseball Stadium level. Alas, can you land on mound at all?

Yeah these team races are always rigged. If it was Luigi vs Waluigi, Luigi wins. If
vs Birdo, Yoshi wins.

But if Mario is a choice, it will always be Mario who wins, "I'm a gonna win." In those topaz eyes are evil! Pure evil! (Joking) He has automatic handicap.
I mean if Peach wins, she and her alts again remains the only character to have been on the winning side, so, if I'm correct

Is Yoshi on Team Peach?

is Rosalina on Team Peach?

Speaking of teasers, here are the other released badges hinting at new content:

Mount Wario (already in the 2019 Winter Tour)
MKT_060CB.png

N64 Luigi Raceway (Berlin Tour)
MKT_058CB.png

Battle Mode (2021 Los Angeles Tour)
MKT_233CB.png

Sunshine Airport (2021 Los Angeles Tour)
MKT_028CB.png

So far, the internal data only confirmed the work on Battle Mode - which is likely coming for the 2nd anniversary.

I find it hard to believe that they'll ever add Mount Wario unless the game is very profitable, it's an enormous porting work for what is an iconic course but not exactly a fan favorite. Plus all of this porting effort likely won't be reused as base for the next console Mario Kart. And I feel bad for the people who will have to work on the R variant.

The other two are pretty likely, but I'm surprised that the badge of Super Bell Subway wasn't already released, it's a course that can already be added to Mario Kart Tour and unless they want to feature only courses with anti-gravity at the beginning - much like the two Mario Kart Wii courses that both feature half-pipes - it could easily be the first Mario Kart 8 course in the game.

Gorgious! Is that a new level in the Mario vs Peach tour?
Considering how Red Yoshi has triple items, it's Wii Maple Treeway R. They remade the environment fully in 3D, without using "cardboard trees and mountains", and they reviewed the coloring - though it should be noted that Mario Kart Wii in general used an inexplicable shading that often washed out the colors, in my opinion making it look worse than Double Dash at times.

Last edited:
Speaking of teasers, here are the other released badges hinting at new content:

Mount Wario (already in the 2019 Winter Tour)
MKT_060CB.png

N64 Luigi Raceway (Berlin Tour)
MKT_058CB.png

Battle Mode (2021 Los Angeles Tour)
MKT_233CB.png

Sunshine Airport (2021 Los Angeles Tour)
MKT_028CB.png

So far, the internal data only confirmed the work on Battle Mode - which is likely coming for the 2nd anniversary.

I find it hard to believe that they'll ever add Mount Wario unless the game is very profitable, it's an enormous porting work for what is an iconic course but not exactly a fan favorite. Plus all of this porting effort likely won't be reused as base for the next console Mario Kart. And I feel bad for the people who will have to work on the R variant.

The other two are pretty likely, but I'm surprised that the badge of Super Bell Subway wasn't already released, it's a course that can already be added to Mario Kart Tour and unless they want to feature only courses with anti-gravity at the beginning - much like the two Mario Kart Wii courses that both feature half-pipes - it could easily be the first Mario Kart 8 course in the game.

I want the Sunshine Airport badge. Sunshine is one of my favorite Mario Games.

Easy choice, my favorites are all in the same team.

Did Luigi choose the wrong team, by the way? Was he tricked by King Boo? Or did he notice that Daisy is in the other team?

I think it would be hilarious if adult Luigi is on Team Peach but Baby Luigi is on Team Mario

Of course Mario Kart Tour devs lack a sense of humor. At least he's going to be on the winning team like he always is though, which is Team Ray Trace.

The Protectors of course. And Aqua Marine and Chroma Key for good measure.

Baby Mario, Toad, Toadette, and Rosalina are on there because why not.

Back