Mario Kart Tour

Worst team distribution ever. Luigi and the Yoshis should be on Team Mario, and the Toads should be on Team Peach.
Considering the past results, this is absolutely deliberate: Team Mario last time won by a huge margin, and with him being the main character and the first choice, there would be a repeat of the same situation, even with Team Peach as the opposing team. The doubling of the points of the losing team is a start, but it might still not be enough. With these clearly unbalanced teams, Team Peach has at least a slim chance to win.

these team things are pre-determined, there's no point on rooting them. data-miners even know the results.

I don't see Rosalina on either side. Sigh.

Worst team distribution ever. Luigi and the Yoshis should be on Team Mario, and the Toads should be on Team Peach.
i saw a meme on the MKT subreddit why that was the case.

Yoshi is on Team Peach because of Mario's infamous "Yoshi dismount jump".
Toad is on Team Mario because of Peach's usage of Toad as a shield in Smash Bros Melee, Brawl and 4.

Even though I dislike that they added yet another Mario alt, I gotta admit that I really like Baseball Mario's trick animations. For one of them he does the motion of swinging a baseball bat, and for the other he does the motion of pitching or throwing a baseball. Really cool. By the way, the only reason why I know what his trick animations are is because the Today's Challenge made me play as him, not because I spent rubies to get him from the pipe.

I'm not really a fan of the design of that new Peach alt; it's probably my least favorite Peach alt design-wise. But I'm still going to pull for her because I gotta have every Peach alt. What kind of a Peach fan would I be if I didn't have every Peach alt?

Also, the fact that they put like twice as many characters on Team Peach makes me think that all hope is not lost and that she has a chance at victory.

Last edited:
Realistically, Mario says, "It's either me and Yoshi or just me. Would you rather we both go through that painful process of respawning?"

Realistically, Mario says, "It's either me and Yoshi or just me. Would you rather we both go through that painful process of respawning?"

In my headcanon, I like to think there is a hidden warp pipe in the pit for Yoshi.

Last edited:
What has me worried is Dr. Mario World is being shut down for good, is this the fate of Mario Kart Tour? Will all the monies I spent eventually be in vain and lost forever?

Dr Mario World was shut down because it was not too popular and not making money for Nintendo, MKT makes a decent amount

Regardless, I don't advise putting too much money into free to play stuff if any at all, it's pretty rare for these things to last super long

Mario Kart Tour download count: 90M+ downloads.

Dr. Mario World download count: 70M+ downloads.

Wait a minute I don't think those numbers are alike.

Dr Mario World was shut down because it was not too popular and not making money for Nintendo, MKT makes a decent amount

Regardless, I don't advise putting too much money into free to play stuff if any at all, it's pretty rare for these things to last super long

That is great advice.

Sigh. Its heart wrenching when you pay for something or worl hard to becin top three to get a character, and you later see that character in the daily selects.

But they are closer than I'd like. Yes its 20 Mil difference, but if Dr. Mario World can be cancellee at 70mil, then MKT could at 90mil.

What has me worried is Dr. Mario World is being shut down for good, is this the fate of Mario Kart Tour? Will all the monies I spent eventually be in vain and lost forever?
Tour makes a lot more money than Dr. Mario World (see here) and is still being supported with regular content updates. They're not going to shut it down yet.

That being said, I agree with Penelope that spending money on apps like this isn't really a good idea. No matter how long the game lasts, there's always the lingering possibility that it could be shut down at any time and all the money you spent on it is gone with nothing to show for it.

Tour makes a lot more money than Dr. Mario World (see here) and is still being supported with regular content updates. They're not going to shut it down yet.

That being said, I agree with Penelope that spending money on apps like this isn't really a good idea. No matter how long the game lasts, there's always the lingering possibility that it could be shut down at any time and all the money you spent on it is gone with nothing to show for it.

That's the worst part of the GOTCHA huh. It can all be lost one-day, and your money was eaten by a Piranha Planet.

Mario Kart Tour has 200 million downloads though:

Last month's revenue was $4 million, that of Dr. Mario World was $300 thousands, less than one tenth.

With that being said, I advise against spending in free2play games as you never know if they'll go out of service someday.

By the way, this is an issue of all the free2play games, not just the gacha ones. The specific issue of gacha/loot boxes is that it's a form of gambling with real money that somehow found a hole in how games are regulated to insert itself into many mobile and online games and made people spend fortunes to get what they wanted.

Back