Mario Kart Tour

R.O.B is actually the first crossover character of the main Mario Kart games: none of its games involved Mario.

This is also the reason why it isn't currently likely to appear, as the other crossover content is missing as well in Mario Kart Tour (which is something I actually like, to be fully honest).

I splurged about 200 F2P rubies on the Yoshi Tour pipe in hopes of pulling the Egg Hunt Yoshi. Out of a total of 50 pulls, I got a bunch of worthless low-tier crap instead. I uninstalled this money-sucker right ahead.

Honestly, I wanted to keep playing the game and I still do. It's fun in itself and I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy the gambling hype whenever I pulled something. But they certainly should've made it more satisfying to actually get stuff. I'm not willing to exchange real money for some virtual currency because that defeats the whole purpose of actually playing the game to unlock things, right?

I am bewildered how people are able to put up with this.

Last edited:
There's only one way to be sure to get the spotlight you want from the pipe: getting 450 rubies. I too tried once to get Reindeer Yoshi and failed badly after like, 50-60 pulls. There can always be the case in which the item you want is in the last 10 pulls, it's the same probability as having it in the first 10 pulls. This is yet another method to make sure people spend for rubies.

Luckily, with the developers' obsession in showing us how good it is to pull from the pipes resulting in them giving us free pipe pulls, avoiding spending rubies to finally get 450 rubies has become less taxing for the fully f2p players, as they now have a small chance of getting pipe-exclusive items every now and then. Not that they're not aware of it, they likely calculated the risk very well so the increase in pipe pulls coming from paid rubies more than compensates the number of f2p palyers who can better survive by slowly collecting 450 rubies and getting the items they want without spending a dime.

Good luck getting 450 rubies for free every tour.

Also, the free pipe is garbage because it doesn't make a difference. There's like a 0.000001% chance you ever get anything worthwhile from it.

Really they should have kept the 50-chance pipe and not increase it to 100, but the small struggling indie dev Nintendo needs their money.

It is better than nothing.
Point is, Nintendo are greeeeedy.

Good luck getting 450 rubies for free every tour.

Also, the free pipe is garbage because it doesn't make a difference. There's like a 0.000001% chance you ever get anything worthwhile from it.

Really they should have kept the 50-chance pipe and not increase it to 100, but the small struggling indie dev Nintendo needs their money.
3% chance of getting one of the spotlight items from the first pipe pull, and the pipe-exclusive items are way more than just the spotlights, the coin shop has only offered the "base set" (roughly half of what could be obtained in a pipe of the Tokyo Tour save for the Normal items that have slightly wider coverage) since a looooooong time.

Of course, you will get a full pipe around every 10 tours at best - i.e. if you manage to get into Ruby territory in a few ranked cups. It's Mario Kart Tour that we are talking about: you don't pay, you don't get. I surely won't recommend paying for these money-hungry monetization options, so slowly get the free rubies and ignore the pipes that contain spotlight items you're not too interested in - only the biggest of the whales likely have everything in this game anyway, and they spent so much money for that you won't feel that sorry for not having their items...

They're also going to stuff the roster with crap like Detective Baby Rosalina and disappointing dupes so even if you get an item from a rarer tier, chances are they're not gonna be a character you want. It's all engineered disappointment.

I was lucky the first 2 times for the Baby Rosalina tour then the pipes where unlucky! I kept getting the same items... So I never got the trick tour, spring tour, and currently the flower tour items...

Currently The only new character I got is Mario Really Nintendo!!!
I bet anyone can make 5 complaints to Nintendo. All of them will probaly be the same...

Game got a new update, team multiplayer
Wonder if we'll get Paper Mario cross promotion once the new game is out, hey, Goomboss was in MK DS, sure, for 64 DS instead of actually Paper Mario but it could still happen

1589685327126.png

Wait, so Mario in a costume gets a new emblem, but Gold Bones has an identical one to regular Dry Bones? This is ridiculous.

The identical emblem, along with the name being character name (name of the variant), is Nintendo's way of showing the character is a variant of another character. Similarly, colored variants of a species have the species' emblem recolored, we see that with the Yoshis, Birdos, Builder Toad (who has a blue Toad emblem since he's a blue Toad) and even the freerunning Koopas (who are actually named [color] Nokonoko (race) in Japan and thus are considered variants of Koopa Troopa despite them basically being the Roving Racers of Super Mario Odyssey).

The identical emblem, along with the name being character name (name of the variant), is Nintendo's way of showing the character is a variant of another character. Similarly, colored variants of a species have the species' emblem recolored, we see that with the Yoshis, Birdos, Builder Toad (who has a blue Toad emblem since he's a blue Toad) and even the freerunning Koopas (who are actually named [color] Nokonoko (race) in Japan and thus are considered variants of Koopa Troopa despite them basically being the Roving Racers of Super Mario Odyssey).
That's actually weird I guess. Couldn't they just re-name em (Or at least put something to show that that character is from SMO?)

I mean, race/freerunning along with their appearance doesn't give much of a doubt about who they are, yet despite them being recognizable characters, they still treat them as just variants of Koopa Troopas, it's one of those cases in which Nintendo isn't big about the individuality of their characters.

I mean, race/freerunning along with their appearance doesn't give much of a doubt about who they are, yet despite them being recognizable characters, they still treat them as just variants of Koopa Troopas, it's one of those cases in which Nintendo isn't big about the individuality of their characters.
Nintendo is sorta lazy. (We already know because of the ridiculous amout of money we have to pay for almost everything.)

Wow, I can practically feel the slap going across my face.

If only they were playable in a good Mario Kart 😒

this has to be the first game Dixie Kong is playable in

what's next e gadd oh wait they squandered that already in favor of rosalina but with a hat

I don't want to set high standard, but Dixie in MK is just as belated as Pauline. I'd wish both and KRool to be in MK 7 or 8. Newer games probably better work on very new additions like Nabbit or Hellen.

what's next e gadd oh wait they squandered that already in favor of rosalina but with a hat
Maybe Toadsworth's turn, if they don't mind to do costumy Toad...

Back