Mario Kart Tour

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome Mario
Hey, since they already have the models in Tour, they can just upscale them for a new game and it wouldn't be much effort (hopefully).
I mean people have been upscaling Tour assets for Mario Kart 8/Deluxe. They transition smoothly too; their facial expressions correspond nicely, and even their occlusion texture maps work for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and are at a resolution that works too. Heck, Tour even provides UI stuff that fits the Kart 8 UI decently.

These mods are made for Mario Kart 8 but it's ridiculously easy porting those mods to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe through use of Switch Toolbox.

Infinite8

Kat is adorable. End of story.
The only thing that the MK8/D modders needs to work on is port the non-MK8D characters and its animations.

I've seen MK7 mods which added Waluigi and R.O.B., along with their own unique animations.

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
Baby Luigi was ported to Mario Kart 7 as well with his own unique animations :>

Though the thing is with MK7 is I think you can't reuse bones so modders are forced to make new bones and animations.

The Dark Core

Shine Sprite
But then there is the problem of killing that switch’s online if hounds Nintendo find out you are modding.