Mario Kart Tour

I played this game for a couple months after its launch but it sucked away my battery life like crazy so I kinda didn't have much choice in dropping it. Now I wouldn't really play it even if I wanted to, I have Mario Kart 8 for that.

Daisy looks lovely in her new yellow dress (and yay there's no orange in sight).
I'm salty that her Royal Ribbon is a gold pass item. And Baby Daisy, too. I'm glad I got her during the first tour, though I rarely use her because the Bubble is the worst special item. But hey, we finally have the regular Prancer.
And hey, the original Flower Glider is back! That's nice. And those butterfly wings would be perfect for a bug-loving OC of mine.

Ugh, Rose Queen and Pink Gold Glider? PGP doesn't need special treatment! And that makes three Bumble-V karts with its proper owner nowhere in sight! Ugh, where's the queen?

I don't think I'm going to continue racing. I might just keep the app to open every Wednesday to see what they've added.

You know perfectly well why they make costumes. They're all desirable items with super abilities and look good (hence the tiering), and they're made artificially short by the economy and the limited time offer. They bloat the lootdrop pool to make it more difficult to obtain a single one you want, barring grinding mindlessly (with th the coin cap for extra pain) for nearly worthless coins. Also there are people that jump to defend them as "just cosmetics".

So again why do you people ask for anything worthwhile for this game? Costumes are nice I guess but that's knowing they'll get ported as mods for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (still waiting for Penguin Luigi to get ported; yes I can do it myself but I rather not snipe someone who's been constantly porting content).

It's a genuine question. Not trying to be mean but trying to grasp my head around that. I like Musician Mario and Ice Mario but they don't cause me to want to play the game and they just make me feel how better it'll be if they were stuff for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, free.

Whether they call the next installment MK9 and MK10 I don't think we'll get it for years. MK8DX's existence makes me pretty salty, because I think they're using it as an excuse not to give the Switch an original MK game.

So again why do you people ask for anything worthwhile for this game? Costumes are nice I guess but that's knowing they'll get ported as mods for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (still waiting for Penguin Luigi to get ported; yes I can do it myself but I rather not snipe someone who's been constantly porting content).

It's a genuine question. Not trying to be mean but trying to grasp my head around that. I like Musician Mario and Ice Mario but they don't cause me to want to play the game and they just make me feel how better it'll be if they were stuff for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, free.
Because Pauline, Hammer Bro., and now Monty Mole being playable here makes them likely to also appear in future console Mario Kart games.

The bot AI's are too smart in this game.

Like when the bot in front of me dragged the green shell and then threw backwards when I'm directly behind them.
or
Like when the bot behind me released the red shell when I let go of the banana.

And I don't like the AI's in this game. They are mostly in a herd for the first half of the race.

Because Pauline, Hammer Bro., and now Monty Mole being playable here makes them likely to also appear in future console Mario Kart games.
Hmm I'm not sure if there's a real relationship between playable in Mario Kart Tour and chances being playable in Mario Kart later games. Pauline always had a shot in Mario Kart regardless of this.

There are high chances that Mario Kart Tour will get new Mario Kart series debuts, like Kamek, Nabbit, and Luma.
It doesn't seem to matter that much to me. They throw a bone to fans I guess but I'm pessimistic, they might not follow-up on that

And some of us like the game
Though, I feel like the online system is unfair.
It rewards people that put in tons of money in the game

The bot AI's are too smart in this game.

Like when the bot in front of me dragged the green shell and then threw backwards when I'm directly behind them.
or
Like when the bot behind me released the red shell when I let go of the banana.

And I don't like the AI's in this game. They are mostly in a herd for the first half of the race.
They do this in previous Mario Kart games. Stay out of their "line of sight", being directly behind them. Which can be tricky because precision driving is non-existent.

As for that, it's just bad timing I think.

Hmm I'm not sure if there's a real relationship between playable in Mario Kart Tour and chances being playable in Mario Kart later games. Pauline always had a shot in Mario Kart regardless of this.
Maybe not, after all characters get cut all the time, though it can only bode well for her.

Actually are there any returning characters Mario Kart Tour is missing? So far I can think of Funky, Petey Piranha, Wiggler, and Honey Queen. If Mario Kart Tour tries to make EVERYONE IS HERE a thing before an actual Mario Kart game does I'll quit.

I dunno what I'm quitting but I'm quitting it.

Watch them give us something other than Funky Kong, like Dixie Kong or Donkey Kong Jr.

1589006021503.png

Ugh, another emblem like this.
I always thought it'd be more fun to use something like this.

Monty Mole.png

Now they are similar, up until the Wii era they were distinct, with Rocky Wrench featuring a shell and being more turtle-like. In Super Mario Maker, there is a nod to this different appearance in some styles.

Actually are there any returning characters Mario Kart Tour is missing? So far I can think of Funky, Petey Piranha, Wiggler, and Honey Queen.
In terms of missing veterans, it's also missing DK Jr., Paratroopa, R.O.B., Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and crossover and arcade characters if you wanna count those.

Back