Mario Kart Tour

I'm hoping that this game is made by a B Team and another team is making Mario Kart 9, but Nintendo probably doesn't want to make MK9 because they ported 8 to the Switch.

Remember, all beta testers are going to have a survey on what they don't and do like, the rules said there were going to be elements not in the final due to feedback, I am going to give my feedback, anything you guys want me to put in the survey?

Candy Heart said:
Remember, all beta testers are going to have a survey on what they don't and do like, the rules said there were going to be elements not in the final due to feedback, I am going to give my feedback, anything you guys want me to put in the survey?
How about "get rid of the lootboxes"?

GET RID OF MICROTRANSACTIONS AND LOOTBOXES FOR THE LOVE OF CLUCKBOOM.

WE'RE ALL SAYING THE SAME THING.

Unforuntately, the sad thing about the reality of this is that Super Mario Run only made like, a sliver of the money compared to the Fire Emblem mobile app so...yeah of course Nintendo would want to copy that app's success.

fire-emblem-heroes-revenue-400-million.jpg

fuck mobile gaming.

But from my time playing it, the game is indeed fun, and hey, DENA is one game away from ending their contract, so hopefully we get more Cygames like devs for mobile games

My specific complaints are the waiting system, which to be fair, is in every Nintendo mobile game besides Miitomo and Mario Run and the duplicates

Swiftie_Luma said:
its been said that your character gets ''tired'' after racing for a while so in order to keep going you need to pay real money.
This seems to be wrong. I've read in a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe modding Discord that someone was able to use Metal Mario, like, ten times in a row.

Screenshot_20190522-160139.png

death

i just cannot imagine someone paying real money to keep playing a game on the pretext that their character gets tired. does... anyone actually do that? because it seems ocd-ish; someone gets obsessed with the game, so they give up to their compulsions to continue feeding their obsession. big companies profiting from this kind of stuff forms a particularly sad dystopia imo.

idk about you guys, this may be a common practice in other companies, but something about this just doesn't fit with nintendo.

I thought it's false that a character gets "tired"? I mean, this is something that can totally happen in other mobile games, but that seems to have been falsified. And nah, (if that was a thing in Mario Kart Tour), I don't call it "OCD", I call that manipulative business tactics. And you say it's a sad dystopia, but it's reality, you've been shielded of the horrors of Activision and EA literal fee to pay games like $60 games with free-to-play economies.

well, it happens in a bunch of mobile games of its type. the game keeps you from playing and makes you wait under a timer, so it tugs you to spend money on energy so you can play again instantly. the worst mobile games in the market have extremely strict timers, lots of paywall barriers, ludicrously high wait times, and expensive important currency; examples include star trek: trexels, final fantasy: all the bravest, and dungeon keeper mobile.

hopefully mario kart tour wouldn't be on that level of atrocious but...i hate them because it's an addictive model that works and it preys on people with those issues.

Swiftie_Luma said:
testers on twitter are exposing this as a gatcha game with microtransactions and great graphics.

its been said that your character gets ''tired'' after racing for a while so in order to keep going you need to pay real money.

That's complete bs.

GG nintendo, hope the beta is a lesson.

I warned you guys

someone else with the beta says theres no paywalls now

idk what to believe but if it doesnt maybe this game is decent

I don't care if Fire Emblem makes 400 million and this game makes 60 million, 60 million is still a goddamn success.

Just looks like a watered down mario kart with touch controls. Kind of reminds me of Pokemon Quest a little bit.

Looks like they aren't trying to Super Mario Run this one but I don't really know what kind of content they can continue to add to this when it looks like everything is just re-used stages and characters from other mario kart games; which would just make me question why I'm not playing those other mario kart games.

They can prove me wrong if they want, I'm not inherently against a mobile mario kart game if there is content to make it worth playing.

Sakura Matou said:
They can prove me wrong if they want, I'm not inherently against a mobile mario kart game if there is content to make it worth playing.

They’re gonna add at least 4 new tracks. At least.

Beyond the obvious additions of the missing Koopalings, Jr and Wario, I expect most of the racers to be variants and we'll get some minions, Pauline, Boom Boom and Pom Pom and Cappy if we're lucky

Dr. Mario and Builder Mario, Luigi, Toad and Toadette seem to be the ones I am going to put my buck for

Bye Guy said:
i just cannot imagine someone paying real money to keep playing a game on the pretext that their character gets tired. does... anyone actually do that? because it seems ocd-ish; someone gets obsessed with the game, so they give up to their compulsions to continue feeding their obsession. big companies profiting from this kind of stuff forms a particularly sad dystopia imo.

idk about you guys, this may be a common practice in other companies, but something about this just doesn't fit with nintendo.
nintendo's already been doing exactly that with Heroes for years now so nah it fits

MKT_Icon_PipeFramePinkGold.png

Pink Gold Peach is not seen in the game but there is a pipe frame icon for her

Ah, nice to see that the Pipe Frame still has its seat too close to the pedals for the girls. Looks like they're going to have their legs surgically shortened again!

my new main.

BJoMIVw.png

i honestly embrace BB Rosalina now, because she somehow gives me what Rosalina is not giving me these days.

She is mysterious, cute and has that galaxy air about her.

plus she is common in MK Tour and unlocking her would be easy.

lets gooooo baby rosalinaaa.

Back