Mario Tennis Aces

winstein said:
I have finished Star Cup in this game finally, and it was as difficult as it is. I used Koopa Paratroopa intending for this tournament to be a warm up, but it proves to be tougher than I thought. I don't remember the first opponent I faced, but the second was Bowser Jr., which gave me trouble so I suspect his AI is much better than average. The final match is against Spike which I suspect had the highest difficulty AI, and he proved to be too much that I just quit. Luckily you can continue where you left off, and Mario was my opponent that time (which is better because being defeated by Mario beats being defeated by Spike). The match went much better for me so I can't complain about the opponent change.

In terms of online, I still never won a tournament in both Standard and Simple, so I feel like I am the worst Mario Tennis player in the forums. Because winning earlier matches increases rating, the Finals will usually be very tough because I will inevitably be matched up against tougher opponents. My current rating is in the C (2200 - 2349) range for Standard, and C- (2100 - 2199) for Simple, so sadly I probably will never win a tournament.

Thank you for reading.
Star Cup was tough for me too. Man, I had to fight Bowser in the semis! He was one of the hardest opponents I've ever faced offline.

I won an online tournament after many tries, it's doable if not frustrating. If it helps, I never broke past C- and quickly dropped back to D+.

For those who has also played Mario Power Tennis and Mario Tennis Open, how would you compare the difficulty?

In the tier list, it's funny how the cute and small characters mostly dominate the top tiers while the big and tough ones are in the lower tiers

Somebody made a tier list maker for Mario Tennis Aces here: https://tiermaker.com/create/mario-tennis-aces-tier-list-maker-ver211

This is my tier list that isn't related to the character's performances, so be mindful of that!
MK2jfAm.png

Thank you for reading.

Expecting February online tournament's character to be revealed soon. They usually get revealed at least five days before the next month starts.

winstein said:
Somebody made a tier list maker for Mario Tennis Aces here: https://tiermaker.com/create/mario-tennis-aces-tier-list-maker-ver211
Well I just had to make my own. Based on who I'll play as and how frequently.

file

Snow J said:
winstein said:

file
That looks like you tried to embed an expired DeviantArt download link or something.

Lord Fawful DX said:
That looks like you tried to embed an expired DeviantArt download link or something.
Weird, the preview worked before I posted it. Well, I retried it and it works now.

This is the new url: https://api-da.wixmp.com/_api/download/file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImV4cCI6MTU0ODM2NDczMiwiaWF0IjoxNTQ4MzY0MTIyLCJqdGkiOiI1YzRhMjk2NDk1NjY0Iiwib2JqIjpudWxsLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdLCJwYXlsb2FkIjp7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk1ZTk1YjgxLWZmNWQtNDhlOS04NWVjLWQ2ZDExYzgxZGE3MFwvZGN4eDV0eC1lOTRhMDBiZS01NTc0LTQzZmEtODA0NS0xMTA0Y2YxNzQxMWEucG5nIn19.NXwNmXPnIv1T0Qz1FDuSeoF0uh53_R3tm78Xbuyvets

This is the broken one: https://api-da.wixmp.com/_api/download/file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImV4cCI6MTU0ODM1NjQ2NiwiaWF0IjoxNTQ4MzU1ODU2LCJqdGkiOiI1YzRhMDkxYTY4NzU1Iiwib2JqIjpudWxsLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdLCJwYXlsb2FkIjp7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk1ZTk1YjgxLWZmNWQtNDhlOS04NWVjLWQ2ZDExYzgxZGE3MFwvZGN4eDV0eC1lOTRhMDBiZS01NTc0LTQzZmEtODA0NS0xMTA0Y2YxNzQxMWEucG5nIn19.VqG3-MYQaCvRF1Xoo7HTqQ9tj9gDSURnTrjagSWr660

I don't understand why it changed. Also, I don't remember sta.sh links being this long.

Those aren't sta.sh links, they're links that are meant only for the person who clicks them (ie you) and they expire quickly. The new one also doesn't work for me.

Snow J said:
winstein said:

file

I suggest you save the image and then upload it in a different image host, like how I uploaded mine on imgur (https://imgur.com/upload). It's more reliable to store an image that way.

Thank you for reading.

Here's my list
P9iGeq9.png

I like to think the holiday season brought in more online players but I'm not going to check because I know I'll be disappointed.

Patch Notes:
https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-tennis-aces-update-out-this-week-version-2-2-0-court-selection-hosted-match-mode-more/
Also, Boom Boom in Feburary:

The most interesting change I see is that courts can be selected, though you need to set the setting since it's probably not the default. Another interesting change is the addition of a host mode, which is probably going to be similar to Splatoon 2's Spectator Mode where the host can choose who to view. It's a convenience for tournaments, most certainly.

Also, Boo Hunt is back, yay! Now if Yoshi's Ring Shot challenge could also return, then that would be swell.

I terms of character changes, it would be interesting to see if Mario and Birdo could perform better, what with the amount of improvements they received.

Thank you for reading.

If it's Boom Boom we'll be unlocking in February, that means no Pauline until March.

But I have to say, Boom Boom's hands are massive!

You know Toad having the tennis outfit makes me want to see Toadete in her treasure tracker outfit for this game now.

Scratch me saying Boom Boom's hands are massive. In this game, he's massive altogether! I mean, he's like.... almost as big as Bowser.

ArthurEngine said:
If it's Boom Boom we'll be unlocking in February, that means no Pauline until March.
*crosses fingers for Dry Bones in April*

winstein said:
Also, Boo Hunt is back, yay! Now if Yoshi's Ring Shot challenge could also return, then that would be swell.

Thank you for reading.
And great, more new colours for Boo's visor. How could we even unlock the visors from previous Boo Hunt?

I am surprised by how rare it was to find people online. I thought that, based on experience from another member, it would be easier to find. Turns out that it too forever to find a match.

infinite8 said:
winstein said:
And great, more new colours for Boo's visor. How could we even unlock the visors from previous Boo Hunt?

It also disappointed me that Boo Hunt's visors are different, since I didn't have online back then to collect them.

Thank you for reading.

Kokoro said:
I should go back to this soon. I haven't played the game in months.
In the last 5 months so far, Diddy, Birdo, Paraptroopa, Shy Guy, Petey, and Luma were added in the game. If you have the Switch Online sub, you can unlock Boom Boom for this month's online tournament. Pauline will be next month.

EDIT: And an actual court select screen was added in an update.

I've recently played the Co-op Challenge with my cousins and it felt more fun compared to when I did it myself! The first two times there were two of us, and there is another person who are also another pair of people. Then there were three of us so it's a matter of waiting for another player to join in, and I like to think that the single player is happy that he found a room with three other people to play with. Our best result was 2400+ coins, which means we got an A rank. Because of this, unlocking Boo's costumes were a breeze.

Thank you for reading.

It didn't take overnight to happen, but I finally won a Tournament! The Finals was one-sided, I must admit, but after how I got basically one-sided in a few Finals matches, it felt great to have an easy match. Also, I have finally gotten C+, which is ranged between 2350 - 2499.

Thank you for reading.

would be nice if camelot pulled a low-key "everyone is here" with this game. well, sorta, because it would be sensible not to add those generic humans from the rpg mario tennis games. just characters from non-rpg ones.

so far, the remaining characters are:
*Baby Mario
*Donkey Kong Jr. (imagine that for a sec)
*Fly Guy
*Wiggler
*Baby Peach
*Metal Mario
*Mii
*Sprixie Princess
*Dry Bowser (already rumoured to come sometime in the next months)

unfortunately, given that nintendo only plans to support this game with monthly characters until june, most people on this list won't make it. bummer.

Can we count Mario Sports Superstars too just so Baby Luigi has a shot Bros?

Back