Mario Tennis Aces

That artwork of Pauline look like it was lifted from a Mario vs Donkey Kong game, touched up. Anyway, it would be cool if Pauline makes regular appearances in the other spin-off series, because as one of the three characters in Mario's first game, she had way too few appearances.

Thank you for reading.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/alera/news/index.html?id=8948

Kamek and Dry Bones confirmed!

Online tournament costume rewards is a cap for Chain Chomp.

New co-op challenge featuring Shy Guys, rewards are Shy Guy colours.

Okay, really lazy work Camelot.

Why is her name PAULINE and not Pauline? They had one job...

Pauline is finally playable in something and they screw it up. From what I gather, this only occurs in the US version of the game.

They wanted to make her seem important or something.

Why not add more markups to the text? Why not add bold, italics, and underline?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/230455-mario-tennis-aces/77525089

Looks like it was an oversight. It'll probably be fixed in the next update.

Seems that the sound files Kamek's special and trick shots are ready, while Dry Bones probably have empty sound files for his special and trick shots.

Kamek's trick shots will be some teleport, and the other has his broom. And his special is waving his racket or something.

Hoping it's Baby Mario

Baby Luigi said:
Hoping it's Baby Mario

I was just around the twitter and I read Swiftie's datamine that said baby mario and dry bowser i think is still stored in the data.

I actually sent an email to Nintendo asking them to please fix PAULINE's name to Pauline on the next update. My OCD is strong and it makes me very uncomfortable.

I felt that, besides Kamek and Dry Bones, there could be possibly 3 more characters because Random takes up one character slot, and after both were added, the character select table would be neatly rectangularish if three more characters need to be there.

Also, I have finally completed my quota, and I feel accomplished. My current score is at B-, which means that I will have a score decay if the month ends since 2500+ rating will have a rating reduction. Not that I mind, since I never got this high a rating before. Another nice thing about B- is that I can start from the Semi-Finals instead of the Quarter Finals, which makes it easier to gain points since scoring is worth 7 points instead of 5. Too bad the skill level is higher than before though.

The question now is if I can get out of the rut in Simple Mode, because I am already close to D+ yet there's practically nobody to play with me, as the people who I matched up with have incompatible connections.

Thank you for reading.

There's a new update for Mario Tennis Aces, as it's announced recently. It's got Ring Shot added as a selectable mode, but perhaps the one thing that would interest the fellow Mario fellows here is a new opening cutscene, where we got to see more details including a bit of Wario and Waluigi shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgeA_MNQv9w

Thank you for reading.

I like how they are still giving their best for this game to make it have even more personality.

Also Camelot seems to love those OLD Character voices, in the entire cutscene it's pretty clear thats Scott Burns, Dolores Rogers and Jen Taylor as Bowser, Jr and Peach respectively.

They are either so out of touch with that or simply just love to milk older stuff for some reason lol

keep on adding free stuff. I might actually buy the game if you do.

im still not buying the game until match length settings are actually on par with the earlier installments

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Did they fix PAULINE

There aren't any patch notes yet but I am sure this is going to happen.

Thank you for reading.

Looking for an online match took forever (I haven't even unlocked Kamek yet) that I didn't bother, but I still hope I can complete the quota before the month is over. On the other hand, the Yoshi Ring Shot is wonderful if everybody is an AI, since they are very competent that as long as you play decently they can help you even achieve A rank. The same can't be said when human players are playing though, which I had the misfortune of having when there were 4 of us, which leads to huge lag (probably because one of the people is further away, compared to two Japanese players).

Meanwhile, I made this GIF because I thought the shock happened for not enough time:
SOUkGCk1_o.gif

Thank you for reading.

Back