Mario Tennis Aces

Wariette

I admit, Pauline surprised me mainly because she was not mentioned in the datamine. So it's a good step in the right direction in relegating her to further appearances. I wish this game has Miis though, but I suppose it's a bit late for this...

Thank you for reading.

I remembered from various Pauline fanarts in Deviantart that they used a heart as her character emblem.

That actually makes sense with Pauline associated with hearts as her symbol.
46118d1b0b157ac708c8b75f471c563d.png

You're right, it does make sense. In fact, I suspected it would be that prior to Odyssey. But since we had that silhouette of Pauline, I was convinced that we had the emblem confirmed at that point.
Nintendo is keeping me on my toes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8T449Bf98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rg_3zutn4g

We might be getting two characters monthly this time, as Petey Piranha and Shy Guy are unlocked by playing the December 2018 online tournament for the singles class and the new doubles class respectively.

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaittheyactuallyaddedPauline?

I can't believe it but Pauline finally made it in. Despite being the earliest lady in Mario history, it took her this long to be playable in a Mario spinoff title. That's so many years of neglection. I mean Peach, Daisy, Toadette, and even Rosalina have gotten a lot of attention than Pauline did. I mean Pauline's neglection is the reason why Peach is the grand mother queen of video game ladies despite Peach being newer than her. She became iconic. I mean Peach appears in nearly every spinoff game and nearly every main game and got the most attention because she's the focus for like 99.9 percent of the time. Daisy, Toadette, and Rosalina have mostly appeared in spinoff games and those are the sports games and Mario Kart games.

I don't think Pauline was necessary neglected, but even as one of the earliest ladies in gaming, she wasn't that relevant until Odyssey popularized her.

I'm telling you, they probably brought her in to promote Odyssey. Or they wanna make the people who played Odyssey buy this game.

Two characters per month make sense. As I previously said on Reddit, the way the CSS changed is evidence of this. We now have 4 characters per row instead of 3. If they continue the pace of 2 per month, then this is probably how the CSS will look:

~[Paratroopa] [Shy Guy] [Petey] [Jan Char]

~[Jan Char] [Feb Char] [Feb Char] [March Char]

~[March Char] [April Char] [April Char] [May Char]

~[May Char] [June Char] [June Char] [RANDOM]

That’s 12 more characters. We know about Luma, Boom Boom, and Pauline, and Kamek and Dry Bones already have working in-game models so that’s potentially 5/12. Now, if the datamine is accurate, Dry Bowser is also a character that’s coming. That’s potentially 6/12. Then there is 6 unaccounted for. I do wonder if they plan on evening out all the classes. Right now, as it stands, the classes are:

All-Around
-Mario
-Luigi
-Daisy
-Birdo

Speedy
-Toad
-Yoshi
-Diddy Kong
-Koopa Troopa
-Pauline

Tricky
-Rosalina
-Boo
-Blooper

Defensive
-Waluigi
-Boom Boom
-Bowser Jr.

Powerful
-Wario
-Bowser
-Spike
-Chain Chomp
-Petey Piranha

Technical
-Peach
-Toadette
-Shy Guy
-Koopa Paratroopa
-Luma

Meanwhile in my dreams:
"Huh, look, I don't know exactly how and why I ended up here, but there's a, well, Tennis tournament going on..."
SMO_Glydon_Surprised.png

probably bcause they wanted to have the human females represent different play types.

now we have all round, technique, tricky and speed represented.

Pauline seems more like a Technical type to me...

Also people found out that Baby Mario was found in the latest update data.

So Baby Mario WILL be in the update data after all????

So much hype!!

Baby Wario was only in Yoshi's Island DS. I'm looking forward to seeing a modern appearances of him.

What does this mean? Baby Mario will be coming with Luma or as part of a future update? Also, someone found something strange in the datamine that you can get “unlock Kamek” by beating him.

Рождественский Малыш Луиджи said:
So Baby Mario WILL be in the update data after all????

So much hype!!
wait wheres this one from
i wanna dive into the datamines..

And that is true suffering.

Back