Mario Tennis Aces

When's Boom Boom?

Pizza Time! said:
Wow, Petey Piranha?!

Nearly everyone who was playable in Power Tennis is almost here.
#BringBackWiggler #BringBackFlyGuy
Did you think "EVERYONE IS HERE" was only for Smash?

C'mon Camelot, you're the one who brought Baby Mario into the spinoffs in the first place. Please show one of your babies more respect.

I also like to see Wiggler back in anything and Wiggler in more games. Who doesn't like a funky caterpillar?

People complained about Wiggler having arms in Mario Kart 7 but forgot he had arms in Mario Power Tennis.
600px-MPT_Wiggler.jpg

He should definitely come back.

He decided to put gloves instead of Shoes.

Hey maybe that's his forward legs thenz

I stopped playing it for a while because my nephew started staying around a lot, which assassinated my connection speed with netflix. Then I focused on other things for a while and now I feel like playing it again since he's not around as often anymore.

I'm glad the online is dead in Australia, it gives me a lot of time between matches to contemplate life.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
I'm glad the online is dead in Australia, it gives me a lot of time between matches to contemplate life.
True. Waiting for an opponent takes forever.
But there are *some* players online during the first day of the month, for the additional characters.

Princess Mario said:
Too bad the online, the mode that you need to use get characters, is veering on dying.

You don't need to access online to unlock the new characters. Yeah, people who play online first get it earlier, but they eventually get released to all consoles after the month is over.

One of my main concerns about paid online is that no one will buy it, and online play in games like this will become obsolete. People are probably going to flock to Open or Ultra Smash for online play in Mario Tennis.

YFJ said:
One of my main concerns about paid online is that no one will buy it, and online play in games like this will become obsolete. People are probably going to flock to Open or Ultra Smash for online play in Mario Tennis.

I agree on people abandoning Aces because even with free online the game died pretty fast lmao.

But nobody is gonna go back to the even more dead and obsolete Open and US , specially US , that game has been DEAD online since day 1

https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-tennis-aces-version-2-0-0-patch-notes/
Patch notes

Still no match length settings?

So I've managed to get some matches during the day with long wait times between each one. Is Boo good now or am I just ending up against a lot of Boo players by coincidence. He seems to be just as bad as he was before but maybe Yoshi got buffed or indirectly buffed by other characters nerfs. I think trick shots are a little worse now? They don't seem to be as free as before. That would be a huge Speed character buff since long range trick shots kind of invalidated their niche.

Man this game is fun. I did the story mode, it was pretty easy overall outside of a couple of retries on the last 'get the ball past them' mission with chomp. I don't really think it's where the game shines though, it didn't seem poorly made but it was shallow compared to just literally playing against humans.

Boo is much better in Simple play than in Standard, thanks to the really fast lag-free lunge that the game doesn't really punishment for (unlike in Standard). I do think the recent update nerfed him, though, so I don't know how much affected he is than prior to that.

Birdo has been confirmed to be the October character:

http://mariotennis.nintendo.com/aces/characters-courts/

So I guess that means Paratroopa will be available in November.

Yay Birdo! There's just one problem for me though, which is that I have no interest in playing this game online. :/

I never played this game online because I'm not really interested, and in the past I would always receive the new characters a month late, which was no problem. But this time it's one of my favorite characters, and I don't really want to wait an extra month for her. But now that Nintendo is charging for the online, I pretty much have no desire to play online.

I really don't know what I'm going to do. I could pay and get Birdo early, or I could wait...

MarioFan632 said:
Yay Birdo! There's just one problem for me though, which is that I have no interest in playing this game online. :/

I never played this game online because I'm not really interested, and in the past I would always receive the new characters a month late, which was no problem. But this time it's one of my favorite characters, and I don't really want to wait an extra month for her. But now that Nintendo is charging for the online, I pretty much have no desire to play online.

I really don't know what I'm going to do. I could pay and get Birdo early, or I could wait...
There's a 7-day free trial for the online, if you're interested. You could activate it in October, and see what you think of the service and get Birdo early.

YFJ said:
There's a 7-day free trial for the online, if you're interested. You could activate it in October, and see what you think of the service and get Birdo early.
Oh right, there's a 7-day free trial. I guess I could do that, although the reason why I avoid playing online is because I'm afraid that I'll have to play against people that are very good at the game and I'll lose badly. I might just do one match and never go back online.

MarioFan632 said:
YFJ said:
Oh right, there's a 7-day free trial. I guess I could do that, although the reason why I avoid playing online is because I'm afraid that I'll have to play against people that are very good at the game and I'll lose badly. I might just do one match and never go back online.
Remember, win or lose, you get Birdo either way.

MarioFan632 said:

You can wait if you have no other choice then. Delayed gratification is rewarding.

Have you played a previous Mario Tennis game before?

I want every character to get a Lucian alt costume.

Back