Mario Tennis Aces

I previously had a very intense match using Waluigi against a Chain Chomp, which ended as a victory for me! With that said, it's not easy, because there were a few times where I didn't press the right control. What I did manage to do is to put my opponent in serious danger where they only have 1 HP left, so I basically had an advantage even at the Tiebreaker stage.

Princess Mario said:
I appreciate the optimism, though don't try to think I'm going to ridicule on it. Don't want you being concerned about expressing your views. We just have different viewpoints on things. Unlike Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces seems to have smaller audience. Heck, even at this point, it seems like people are having trouble finding matches, which doesn't seem to be good news for the online part of Tennis Aces.

I am not certain that Mario Tennis Aces had a smaller audience had anything to do with not needing to do a balance patch, given that ARMS is a game that received them even though by all accounts it's not as successful (but it's still a modest success given that it's already a million seller). Since this is Mario, there's no doubt that it will have a wide audience, despite the fact that it's still not reported as a million seller yet (Japan having more than 123K is a good start). There's no doubt an inspiring commercial would do wonders.

I usually didn't have much trouble finding matches, but finding one with a stable connection is tricky given my location. Also I unfortunately have to reject every Bowser Jr. if I'm not in Round 1, so I think I got like 2 or 3 of the offers so far. Anyway, I don't doubt that the developers are keeping track of the characters that performed best given that there's a leaderboard, and if Bowser Jr. keeps dominating them they will note that.

Thank you for reading.

Yes, but Bowser Jr. was also ridiculously broken in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. It gives me less hope they'll do something about it because they had their chance to nerf him when developing Tennis Aces. We all know how Ultra Smash is, but you'd think they'd also pay attention somewhat to the scene.

Yeah I don't know why he's glued to it in every game now. I think it works in Smash because it turns him into a much more unique and interesting fighter, even if he is kind of an awful character.

But why on Earth is he in it for a tennis game?

His clown car is fueled entirely by his rage and frustration as a rushed Smash fighter who also has no proper palette colors.

I guess it's to give an interesting dynamic for a defensive character. He can show you don't have to be big and bulky to have good reach. But how both Ultra Smash and Aces did him, it's ridiculously unbalanced.

Can anyone who has won an online tournament tell me if a crown appears next to the character you used in it like in the COM tournament? I'm a completionist so I wanna know if winning the tournament is worth the effort. Google doesn't seem to be a friend this time...

Every tournament that I try to play I get beat in the first or second round. I feel like I just can't spot the moves the other player is making fast enough.

Super Radio said:
Can anyone who has won an online tournament tell me if a crown appears next to the character you used in it like in the COM tournament? I'm a completionist so I wanna know if winning the tournament is worth the effort. Google doesn't seem to be a friend this time...
I haven't noticed anything different with a character after winning a tournament with them so I'd assume there's nothing like that.

I have never won a tournament before, as the farthest I have progressed is Round 4. I hope that I am able to make it this time...

Thank you for reading.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
I haven't noticed anything different with a character after winning a tournament with them so I'd assume there's nothing like that.

Yeah, you're right. I have now beat the tournament with Bowser and I didn't see a crown next to his name. So... that makes the online tournament kinda pointless, but I'm ok with that--I don't have the time to win it with every character.

It's annoying that so many Bowser Jrs. make it to the finals. I had to flick through around 6 of them before I got to match against another character. For anyone getting close to the finals, AVOID Bowser Jr. at all costs, even if that means wasting time canceling their offer. And if you yourself use him, you're a bad person :mad: and people will turn you down anyway so what's the point.

Even people who use Bowser Jr. refuse matches against other Bowser Jr.'s, showing how much of an easy win they want.

When you play as Bowser Jr. to counter the Bowser Jr.'s, only to find them refusing matches against you.

Super Radio said:
Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:

Yeah, you're right. I have now beat the tournament with Bowser and I didn't see a crown next to his name. So... that makes the online tournament kinda pointless, but I'm ok with that--I don't have the time to win it with every character.

It's annoying that so many Bowser Jrs. make it to the finals. I had to flick through around 6 of them before I got to match against another character. For anyone getting close to the finals, AVOID Bowser Jr. at all costs, even if that means wasting time canceling their offer. And if you yourself use him, you're a bad person :mad: and people will turn you down anyway so what's the point.
What if you like Bowser Jr. as a character (though at this point, you should probably have an idea of how broken he is and stop using him)?

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Even people who use Bowser Jr. refuse matches against other Bowser Jr.'s, showing how much of an easy win they want.
This, on the other hand, is just flat-out disgusting. If you're gonna tier-[REDACTED] then take your Mirror Matches like a man.

Yeah, it sucks if you're a Bowser Jr. fan because you're part of the ocean of tier whores and you probably can't play to your ability because Jr. is so broken. It makes you feel like this if you're a Jr. fan

SMRL-Line-BowserJr-Sorry.gif

Well, I finally finished Adventure Mode.

It sucked. And hard.

I mean, I know Mario has never been one for deep storylines, but... A demonic racquet that wants to possess the world? :rolleyes: That is, even for children, ridiculous.

I didn't find it fun at all. In fact, I found it super stressful. There were two challenges I didn't even bother to finish, those being Kamek's and Chain Chomp's challenges. Those were stupidly hard.

Also, it was very short. I feel like they only made that mode so people could master the core gameplay, namely blocking Power Shots which I feel is the most important thing to learn about this game. You don't even get rewards for beating this lame mode other than unlocking all the courts, which are all pretty mediocre. They don't let you unlock Shy Guy, Dry Bones, Kamek and Boom Boom which are all clearly fully programmed. I wish they had implemented different criteria to unlock the courts, like, I don't know, making the local Tournament mode actually useful for something???

I'm so disappointed in what this game turned out to be. The thing about it is that the gameplay is so, SO good. Easily the best in the entire series. It's a shame that it's dragged down by so little content.

I think the premise is great in how stupid it is.

Anser said:
I mean, I know Mario has never been one for deep storylines, but... A demonic racquet that wants to possess the world? :rolleyes: That is, even for children, ridiculous.
I dunno, given that this is a series that had a sentient soda as a boss or allowed you to fight a Behemoth from Final Fantasy with the power of sports (with said match happening thanks to the sports crystals combining into a dark crystal), a sentient evil tennis racket is pretty par for the course.
I just wish that Bowz had an actual presence in the story rather than being alluded to and then Deus Ex Machina-ing in at the end, and that Lucien actually had a physical form to fight (or at least made Bowcien look more impressive).

Otherwise, yeah it's a shame Camelot dropped the ball after almost making a complete 180 from Ultra Smash. I'll probably hold off getting the game until Christmas or something.

I'm getting sick and tired of Mario Sports games that have only good gameplay and nothing else.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I'm getting sick and tired of Mario Sports games that have only good gameplay and nothing else.
We need Square Enix or Next-Level Games back. We can rely on them.
Right? :-\

ThatGuy62 said:
a sentient evil tennis racket is pretty par for the course.

Otherwise, yeah it's a shame Camelot dropped the ball
I will kill you

Version 1.1.2 coming this Friday
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/alera/news/index.html?id=6913

And the most important patch note
「クッパJr.」について、チャージ中の移動速度と、打ち返し角度が下方調整されます。
(Regarding "Koppa Jr.", the moving speed during the charging and the turning back angle are adjusted downward.)

Back