Mario Tennis Aces

And there we have it: they acknowledge the problem with Bowser Jr., but the question is if that will be enough to make him less overpowered. At least Waluigi is still OK which is good.

Thank you for reading.

Now... something needs to be done with Boo in simple mode.

I'm so freaking glad Bowser Jr. is getting nerfed. He's so broken at the point of making matches just plain unenjoyable. Everyone should appreciate this patch.

Now to nerf Boo in Simple mode.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
I'm so freaking glad Bowser Jr. is getting nerfed. He's so broken at the point of making matches just plain unenjoyable. Everyone should appreciate this patch.

I was concerned that people here might not appreciate the patch they made only because I rarely seen balance patches being appreciated here, but the vote of appreciation is welcomed.

Anyway, what is about Boo that made it notorious in the Simple game? Is it more than the strong curves that its slices tend to travel?

Thank you for reading.

It's mostly Boo's lunge that makes it broken in Simple mode. It can lunge very quickly without any sort of endlag, so it could easily cover the court. It's pretty much the same reason Boo is really good in Mario Tennis Open.

winstein said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:

I was concerned that people here might not appreciate the patch they made only because I rarely seen balance patches being appreciated here, but the vote of appreciation is welcomed.
Who doesn't like balance patches?

*obligatory Thanos joke*

Deku said:
winstein said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:

Who doesn't like balance patches?

*obligatory Thanos joke*

I do, but it's just that some people doubted there would be one since coming from Ultra Smash, Bowser Jr's issue wasn't rectified. So with that admitted flawed logic, I imagined that some people wish things were back to the more complaint-worthy unbalanced state, which would ironically be what they prefer.

I mean, balance patches are usually necessary because not every issue can be foreseen from the first time a game is released, since it's millions of players testing the game versus the game tester's limited manpower and time, so naturally certain issues might be overlooked, even certain infamous cases.

Thank you for reading.

The next thing Nintendo needs to do is fix the match making options and stage selection. That wouldn't require too much effort to do.

Bowser Jr. is still pretty strong and a good character, but he's not overly dominating for the game anymore. I think he's more on Waluigi's level now.

Wait only just now I realized you're that Baby Peach guy from GameFAQs. Well then...

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Bowser Jr. is still pretty strong and a good character, but he's not overly dominating for the game anymore. I think he's more on Waluigi's level now.
If the patch notes are to be believed, he'll probably sink lower than Waluigi in the future.
https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-tennis-aces-update-out-now-version-1-1-2-full-patch-notes/
*We plan to adjust the balance of this character further in time for the August tournament

Cheeze said:
If they keep it up with these nerfs, Bowser Jr. will be king again, lol.
If they keep up with these nerfs, he's gonna be F-tier.
Junior's getting the nerf bat again at the same time as Waluigi.

https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-tennis-aces-update-out-now-version-1-2-0-patch-notes/
R.I.P. Bowsy & Purple Guy
Also 6-game, 1-set games are now a thing.

They're also fixed rally challenges.
Forest Practice Court: We have adjusted the charge amount of the opponent's Charge Shot.
Detour: We have adjusted the charge amount of the opponent's Charge Shot and likelihood of using a Zone Shot.
Savage Sea: We have adjusted the charge amount of the opponent's Charge Shot and likelihood of using a Zone Shot.
For those people who can't finish the Kamek mission.

And also this:
We have adjusted the way the ball bounces back when hitting the center mast on the Savage Sea court.

I hope everybody appreciates the fact that we have character balances, because at least they addressed some imbalances like downgrading above average characters like Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Boo, Rosalina and Chain Chomp, while upgrading below average characters like Wario, Toad and Toadette.

Octo-nite8 said:
For those people who can't finish the Kamek mission.

And also this:
We have adjusted the way the ball bounces back when hitting the center mast on the Savage Sea court.

Don't forget to add that they have added the ability to retry the Challenges without going back to the map, along with the fact that you can retry them if you have failed. This saves a lot of time, which I would have appreciated if it weren't for the fact that I finished the main quest already.

Thank you for reading.

These patches are nice. I hate to sound entitled and all, but I'd like a game that already has such basic obvious things like balancing Jr. (do they not have a game balance team) and putting a retry button. I'm still crossing my fingers for multi game/set matches. But lesson learned: don't preorder your games...

One other thing,
Options: Players can now switch the controls of Trick Shots to use only the Right Stick.
* When holding the Joy-Con sideways, you can complete a Trick Shot by pressing up on the directional buttons (or the Y button) twice, regardless of the settings.
Finally, no more accidental trick shots when doing a lob or drop shot.

I wonder how does the 6 game 1 set match work. Is it one player needing to win 4 games, including tiebreaker?

Princess Mario said:
These patches are nice. I hate to sound entitled and all, but I'd like a game that already has such basic obvious things like balancing Jr. (do they not have a game balance team) and putting a retry button. I'm still crossing my fingers for multi game/set matches. But lesson learned: don't preorder your games...

No doubt that certain features are nice to have, namely the ability to reset the Challenge, but I guess the developers might have saw it fit to apply certain decisions contrary to optimal practice. Exhibit number one here is Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) initially defaulting the option to view highlights instead of going to the next race. If I were to guess why some simple things were overlooked, I feel that the developer didn't have time to test out all the options when this game was release, only adding them later.

For me, I wonder why the developers decided to randomise CPU partners, which is I feel not optimal since this game already have a Random character option so if I want to randomise a partner I can just choose that option. Hopefully it won't be long before the developers make partner select selectable.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
For me, I wonder why the developers decided to randomise CPU partners, which is I feel not optimal since this game already have a Random character option so if I want to randomise a partner I can just choose that option. Hopefully it won't be long before the developers make partner select selectable.
You actually can choose your CPU partner in doubles. When you go to change the rules, there's a setting that says "Doubles Partners". Set it to "P1 and P2", and you will be paired with the first CPU character.

ThatGuy62 said:
https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-tennis-aces-update-out-now-version-1-2-0-patch-notes/
R.I.P. Bowsy & Purple Guy
Also 6-game, 1-set games are now a thing.

This is a good thing, but I'm not going to congratulate them on a basic feature that should have been in the game since the beginning. Makes me wonder why even buy a game like this day one any more.

well, least they ain't chargin for it

Oh I just noticed the more games, but still no sets? What?

Princess Mario said:
Oh I just noticed the more games, but still no sets? What?

Baby steps. I won't be surprised if the next big update gives us the ability to choose sets.

Back