Mario Tennis Aces

if i can't play matches for longer than 1 set, 2 games, then this game is definitely a skip. this is always the setting i have played my mario tennis games in all the time in the previous mario tennis games and to see it gone is...no, it's not worth it.

The character thing hurts. Why bother programming these characters to function in a match and then not allow them to be played. If they're not available outside certain temporary tournaments at any point I'll be sad. Was looking forward to Kamek being playable here :/

There might be a possibility that the person simply hasn't played enough of the game, but at the same time, unlockables normally don't happen really late into the story mode. I don't know how much the person has played to say if he should've unlocked something at a certain point.

*sigh*

For those who are concerned at the online tournament character and outfit unlocks, and for those players who hate the online netcode.
VFFaLk6.png

They need to wait a bit longer.

Princess Mario said:
They HAD to screw it up. Just had to. Just when you thought they got their shit together, they decide to strip some important features that even fucking Ultra Smash had.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76689768

-There are no unlockable characters, or costumes
You fight Kamek, Boom Boom, Blooper, Koopa Troopa, and Dry Bones in the story mode, however, none of these characters are actually unlocked in the game. You will presumably be able to unlock them by playing in tournaments many months after the game releases.
Oh god I've known fighting games to do that and it's infuriating. At the very least these characters will likely come later. Still waiting on Rage Trunks and Corrupted Zamasu to come to Xenoverse 2 (they never will).

Whatever came of those icons for Birdo and Diddy?

Captain America said:
Whatever came of those icons for Birdo and Diddy?
I'd presume they'd be available at a later date or through tournaments, neither way I'm fond of.

Cheeze said:
What if those people who got the game early got an incomplete version? I think that's a possibility.
I can't imagine that because people get early copies of games more frequently than you think. Mario Tennis Aces is no doubt at the mass-production stage of game development, so they very likely got a full copy.

ok so i got the dump of the demo a while ago , and i was looking at it to find Rosalina sounds which i got and all.

Finally i decided to search through the sound data in a hex editor to find info in the strings.

Turns out the sound data has info for the leaked characters ...

BUT i also found GOLD MARIO and BABY MARIO inside ... something not posted by the original dataminer , i think he missed this...

XkAN6H2.png

thoughts.

You know? I still have my hopes for all those datamined characters, for some reason. I guess I just am that much of a hoper.

But I strongly doubt that they would put a code for Baby Mario and Gold Mario and not having them playable, as those characters are not the kind of characters that one would, for say, battle.

So yeah, if their codes are in the game, then they most likely are playable.

WHY IS THERE BABY MARIO AND NO BABY LUIGI WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Maybe not in the game yet.

I mean Baby Luigi looks almost identical to Baby Mario, it shouldn’t be very hard to program him into the game. Well, still got the character exclusive winning/losing animations... Idk honestly.

Such a bizarre move. The assets are there and its not like they don't have any proper bosses either.
Could this be...
On-Disc DLC?!

The unlock requirements would be signing up for a crappy paid online service and then receiving a tourney winning streak of 5. </sarc>

ok so i did some more research on this subject to try to figure out what will happen in the end.

According to the demo sound data, which is incomplete btw i got those character name strings.

I was able to extract the sounds inside , but not as individual files (bfwav) but as individual sets (bfwar)

Some games, from Wii U arranged the sound data like this which is more organized (and the cycle is repeating here on the switch) , this means that each bfwar file is a set that only contains sounds that belong to an specific function.

In other words there's bfwar files that contain just the sfx for the game, or that contain ONLY a specific character sounds , which makes it so much easier for me to find voices that belong to an specific character instead of listening to them all and find out.

Anywas, this matters because this was the case in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash , and surprise , also in Aces.

To give a more graphic explanation here's what the extract bfwar files look like.

3OTcU1v.png

each folder is a extracted bfwar and each folder ONLY has sounds that belong to an specific function. You can see a folder that i named ROSALINA , because that folder contains all the Rosalina sounds and nothing else. Same happens to other characters.

Well, here's the thing.

individual folders exists for the following characters : Bom Bom , Blooper , Shy Guy , Dry Bones , Kamek , Koopa Troopa.

The catch for this is that these are the only characters with INCOMPLETE files. They have several sounds in their respective folders , that fit for the playable criteria but they also have ''dummy'' sounds that dont play, which means that more sounds will be added to them as the sound data is incomplete.

These set of characters , in my theory (not a fact, this is my theory) are meant to be released as a day 1 patch or update of some sort , so they get to be playable.

--------------------------------------

Now even more interesting , there's 3 Folders FULL OF DUMMY SOUNDS.

What does this mean? It means that they are ''reserved'' for other characters, and to me this characters are 3 characters that will be added via the Online tournament but they still saved space for them once they are added.

Since 3 is a pretty magic number in this case, im willing to believe this 3 sets belong to : Diddy Kong, Paratroopa and Birdo.

Which means they will be added later in the Online tournaments.

this is the inside of one of these folders

FTYyJfg.png

they are full of sounds that dont have data in them, they just take up space, thus being dummies ''reserved'' for real sounds to be added later when the content or in this case the characters become available.

So, this leaves out 3 important entities ...

Baby Mario , Dry Bowser and Gold Mario.

To me it's quite simple.

These 3 will also be added but at a much later date (or maybe earlier than we think) but they are gonna be online tournament rewards.

The reason for me to believe that these 3 are gonna be added much later is because there's more sound strings attrached to CATHERINE (Birdo) DIDDY (Diddy Kong) and PATAPATA (Paratroopa).

You see, Camelot has a specific way to CODE NAME their files.

Since i have so much experience modding Rosalina's voice , i caugh wind of her code names in many games the most comment being either ''RS'' or 'ROSETTA''.

However, when i digged in Ultra Smash a long time ago i noticed the codename for Rosalina was not ''RS'' but instead ''RZ'', for Rozetta in japanese.

What does this mean?

Well i compared code names in between Ultra Smash and Mario Tennis Open to figure out if there was more sound info attached to spefic characters.

STRM_CVDD is a codename for STREAMS in Open, and CV is the character the following means which character is , in this case DD is Diddy Kong.

at first i thought that maybe this was either Daisy or Donkey Kong (they start with a D too) but both have consistent codenames in Camelot games

with Daisy always being ''DG'' and Donkey being 'DK''.

Bottom line: the code name ''DD'' exists in the Aces data attached to sound streams, and same with ''CR'' (Catherine) and ''PT'' (Paratroopa)

Meanwhile BM (Baby Mario) , GM(Gold Mario and HK ( Dry Bowser) Do not exist ... not yet.

So thats why i think those former 3 will arrive before and the others later.

-------------------

Final conclusion: If im correct we will have a total of 12 unlockable character, if Gold Mario is separate which he should, and finally a grand total of 28 playable characters.

thoughts?

My brain hurts.

Essentially, there's incomplete data for these characters.

But really, the roster won't matter at all if the base game turns out to be so lackluster.

So here's a picture and theme of the final boss. Spoilers if you care though really it's nothing anybody couldn't already predict.

funny because i found those sound files in the data as well a few pages back in this topic page and gave ya'll that info too.

I was correct, not that it matters because it's not that extraordinary but it was right info either way.

Mhmm, I never doubted ya but I can't say I'm too happy about it.

Oh well, it's not a big deal.

Russian Baby Luigi said:

Well, you are a mooder, aren't you? I believe that you should be able to mod Baby Luigi into the game.

Iron Man said:
I mean Baby Luigi looks almost identical to Baby Mario, it shouldn’t be very hard to program him into the game. Well, still got the character exclusive winning/losing animations... Idk honestly.

Actually, Baby Luigi is a completely unique character from Baby Mario and I have the charts and graphs to prove it how he's not almost identical to Baby Mario.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:

Well, you are a mooder, aren't you? I believe that you should be able to mod Baby Luigi into the game.

While that may be true, I still prefer having an officially released Baby Luigi with his own animations, HUD, and voice (and a whole new brand-spanking model to boot) than me having to do Nintendo's holy work for them.

She can be very moody yes.

Especially when the green nugget is missing.

Back