New Mario movie in the works

nah fam should've been live action

everything's going live action now, bois

gary oldman as bowser gogogo

i wonder which characters would be featured and if they would give dialogue to them ... if so , will the original game VA would return to voice them? Or would they go with more known actors?

Swiftie_Luma said:
i wonder which characters would be featured and if they would give dialogue to them ... if so , will the original game VA would return to voice them? Or would they go with more known actors?
Having the same voice cast from the games would be nice, and cheaper than celebrities.

i think that could work too, but they might need to update the voices for this one, purely because they really shouldn't have mario's overly exaggerated italian accent speaking dialogue throughout the entire movie

maybe they could feature mario's classic brooklyn accent again?

I'm kinda excited to see the Minions during the Illumination logo doing something Mario"ish".

my prediction is that for Mario (and any other plumber that could appear) they would keep Martinet , but if other major characters appear they would change the cast.

It makes the most sense

Just as long as they don't Lorax it.

The Entire Galactic Empire said:
i think that could work too, but they might need to update the voices for this one, purely because they really shouldn't have mario's overly exaggerated italian accent speaking dialogue throughout the entire movie

maybe they could feature mario's classic brooklyn accent again?
No way, Martinet made Mario who he is. Mario would never the same without Martinet.

Yeah, Martinet has to be Mario. That's the reason Mario has never changed his voice ever since they got Marinet on board. The rest of the voice actresses, as beloved as they are, are frankly more...dispensable than Martinet. Ugh I don't like calling the other voice actors that, but Martinet is that much associated with Mario.

on the plus side, Yoshi MAY get a more bearable voice... unless they get that Sabiston guy again and make him sing like a little monkey

Martinet is certainly the iconic Mario voice, but I don't know how well it works in something like a feature-length film. I'd say that, if he does voice him, he'd had to tone down his accent to be bearable.

Yeah, just tone down accent like you see in those shows where he talks like crazy to random kids. I'll live with that.

I'm the few that can probably tolerate his accent though regardless.

The only time-a Mario doesn't-a tolerate the accent-a is-a when people writing it-a out.

They could give less focus on dialogue and more focus on action and world-building. I think Mario would work best as a "setpiece film", where the focus is the many interesting environments and overcoming enemies and creative obstacles rather than being dialogue heavy.

Yeah, Martinet is so iconic, it will be very hard to replace him after he dies.

Yoshi's voice isn't bad. Though, this is coming from a Yoshi fan and a person who can do a high pitched voiced. The only problem Yoshi (only theoretically even then) is that he only says his name. Yoshi, Yoshi. (I mean, this is how he speaks otherwise.) Which, would translate into annoyingness for anyone else.

i mean Martinet and whoever voices Peach, in this current case Sam Kelly are the most important voices since not only they voice 2 major characters , they also voice basically the rest of the main cast of humans sans Daisy and Rosalina.

Rose said:
Martinet is certainly the iconic Mario voice, but I don't know how well it works in something like a feature-length film. I'd say that, if he does voice him, he'd had to tone down his accent to be bearable.
imagine what the speedruns of this movie are gonna sound like

Weasel said:
i wonder if the events of this film will lead to a dk movie

and a few months down the line, zelda, metroid, and kirby movies are made and form the the basis of the nintendo cinematic universe

everything culminates in a super smash bros movie and it's wonderful

"I'm here to talk to you about the Smash Bros. initiative."

Aha, guys?? If you look back at my comment, I never said replace Charles Martinet, I literally just said update the voices, or maybe feature a Brooklyn accent like he had in the original shows, so it isn't unbearable to audiences to hear him talking in the over exaggerated Italian accent the entire movie.

In fact, if you look reeeeaaaal close, I actually endorsed having the original voice actors play the characters.

im excited because if Rosalina appears , it's more than likealy they'll give her a more accurate voice as opposed to the current pne in the games.

Yes i know it can happen.

Don't hold your breath.

I could see them pulling a Galaxy 2 or something like the original ending of Captain Toad.

To be fair, Rosalina is more likely than the Koopalings and, if Odyssey teaches us something, even Bowser Jr....

anyway less likely than the Little Birds

Mister Wu said:
To be fair, Rosalina is more likely than the Koopalings and, if Odyssey teaches us something, even Bowser Jr....

It's all about roles my man.
Even if Rosalina doesn't get a large one, she's still guaranteed to cameo.

ThatGuy62 said:
Mister Wu said:

It's all about roles my man.
Even if Rosalina doesn't get a large one, she's still guaranteed to cameo.
wrong

Back