New Mario movie in the works

Re: Reports of a new Mario movie

no, its not that the makers hate making it story driven. plenty of mario titles have story.

the thing is, they frequently contradict each other in terms of lore, and disregard elements featured in previous titles. huge example: koopalings. so each game is a fresh start on the story, with little to no regard on the "story", outside of references for nostalgia.

Baby Luigi said:
All right, TheSuperStarSaga, I'm going to formally apologize for my hissy fit I threw earlier today. I'm very sorry I lashed out at you in this manner, the anger was completely unwarranted from my end and I have much trouble controlling my emotions, especially when I have a lack of sleep from two sleepless mornings in a row. If there is another possible opportunity in the future, we could potentially discuss our different viewpoints in a much more civil manner. Despite my overall harshness, I'd would rather make friends than enemies and in the end I really only want the best out of you rather than make your and any other members' experience here miserable, since I actually care about you.

I apologize for the disrespectful tone from my posts, and I only ask for forgiveness at this point.

I also apologize for anyone else who is upset at my brash comments.

Sure, I'd be more than happy to PM or chat about said topic we disagree on in a civil manner. If we reach an understanding perhaps we can understand each other's views better. Thank you for your apology.

So, I wonder if we get any good jams out of this movie, of course, we can expect some remixes of the basic themes, but what about a new song? Say what you want about DM2 but it got this heck of a song to promote it:

I think any song would do as long as it's good, fitting, and fun to listen to. Yes, even pop songs. Even songs from the 80's will sound great.

Even this
But translated?

Yeah.

I'm not picky when it comes to music.

Well Jump Up Super Star could also be part of the OST. I could also hope for a theme with vocals sung by Samantha Kelly (Peach and Toad's voice) but in her Peach voice and Kate Davis (Pauline's voice). That'd be pretty cool.

I'd laugh if the Internet flipped out again after the tidal wave that was Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, the unveiling of Mario + Minions.

I'd cry if it didn't turn out as good as that game tho.

The only Minions I'll reasonably settle for is Bowser's Minions. They already have Toads for their short giggling abominations devoid of substance that I pray for moderation with.

Toads are too cute and gentle IMO, they're not on the same level as Minions.

Goombas might be Minions, thanks to their lack of arms which would introduce a lot of humor potential...

guys, this conversation already tells us the expectations we have toward this movie....

I think I'll enjoy it because Illumination has good animation and the right tone for a Mario movie.

To be fair, looking at completely third party products with Mario like Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle or Monopoly Gamer, the upside is that at the moment Nintendo has extreme control of the Mario-related content in the products with Mario, so I'm not worried about the quality of the animation nor about the story not being Mario-ish.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/301018-grant-kirkhope-would-love-to-compose-for-the-super-mario-bros-an

can we

It will probably suck because video game movies almost always suck but hey, I'll watch it all the same.

I would like a story with "princess has been kidnapped, and heroes save the princess", but with a great number of Mario characters also involved in the story.

Oh boy. It’s been confirmed. I am braconf myself for the worst.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi (the hero), Toad and the big bad Bowser. Also, Goomba minions incoming. I have no faith in this project AT ALL!

Gee, almost as if they are the main characters or something.

Now that this will actually be real, I'm going to be hyped for the next 2-5 years and make sure I don't die within that time period. Seeing the movie in theaters will be a huge moment that I can't miss out on, and I likely will be buying a copy of the movie when it comes out on home video.

And one thing I'd love to see for sure would be if this movie had its own variant of the Universal intro (AKA the best logo ever) with astronaut Toads floating around like in Mario Kart 8's Online menu. That would be an awesome and clever reference.

I mean, the first movie in 20-30 years of a pop-culture icon that has always been popular has got to have its own special variant of the intro of the studio who produced it, right!?

Mcmadness said:
Gee, almost as if they are the main characters or something.

Yeah I know THAT! But I am worried that they will be the only characters besiders the generic Goombas and Koopa Troop.

Julia-BM said:
And one thing I'd love to see for sure would be if this movie had its own variant of the Universal intro (AKA the best logo ever) with astronaut Toads floating around like in Mario Kart 8's Online menu. That would be an awesome and clever reference.

I mean, the first movie in 20-30 years of a pop-culture icon that has always been popular has got to have its own special variant of the intro of the studio who produced it, right!?

Which will probably be ruined by the following Illumination logo.

Back