New Mario movie in the works

Re: Reports of a new Mario movie

I don't think that's a hint, it's just a throwaway joke.

im sorta afraid of the ineviable russian translation. how will everyone sound like?? probably no weird-and-kinda-foreign-sounding voices though. wreck it ralph was really good with this they all sounded natural.
anyway knowing illumination what can the plot be? ive no idea myself as i only watched lorax(and liked it. probably because 1) i was younger 2) never read the original book)

Mashabely said:
im sorta afraid of the ineviable russian translation. how will everyone sound like?? probably no weird-and-kinda-foreign-sounding voices though.

They'll sound just as weird as pretty much every other non English language variation of them. I don't think the Russian-translations will sound any more off than, say, German ones.

I'd love for a Mario movie, but I thought Nintendo higher ups hate story in Mario.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
I'd love for a Mario movie, but I thought Nintendo higher ups hate story in Mario.

You know, we were all sick of this BS years ago back in 2014-2015 and this terrible argument hasn't changed ever since, since it requires you to think in binary and strawmen to come up with this.

"Oh, higher ups want minimal story in Mario? That means they hate story!"
"Oh, higher ups want to prioritize having previous Mario characters first before they create new ones? That means they hate OCs!"

Not to mention, you pulled this same shit off when you first registered, with this same exact type of thinking with everyone groaning at you to the point where a mod had to intervene, and now you're STILL at it, regurgitating the same crap today that no one wants to hear today because theyr'e all sick of this conversation.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Nintendo higher ups hate story in Mario.
It was why Super Mario-Kun was canned forever shortly after Miyamoto found out about its existence, Sawada was put in jail for libel, and Super Mario-Kun's art style hasn't appeared in a one single solitary game.

Baby Luigi said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:

You know, we were all sick of this BS years ago back in 2014-2015 and this terrible argument hasn't changed ever since, since it requires you to think in binary and strawmen to come up with this.

"Oh, higher ups want minimal story in Mario? That means they hate story!"
"Oh, higher ups want to prioritize having previous Mario characters first before they create new ones? That means they hate OCs!"

Not to mention, you pulled this same *bleep* off when you first registered, with this same exact type of thinking with everyone groaning at you to the point where a mod had to intervene, and now you're STILL at it, regurgitating the same crap today that no one wants to hear today because theyr'e all sick of this conversation.
Saying things like:

"You know, we were all sick of this BS years ago back in 2014-2015"
"Not to mention, you pulled this same *bleep* off"
"regurgitating the same crap today that no one wants to hear today because theyr'e all sick of this conversation"

Towards me is highly disrespectful.

You could have worded that more respectfully. Yes, I have an unpopular opinion, and yes I am adamant about it. But at least I've been respectful to all members when presenting it. Why are you allowed to say that my opinion is "BS" but I can't say your opinion is "BS"? I don't stoop to that level, because I aim to follow the rules and treat all members with respect. Contrary to your swearing at me, which is very disrespectful.

I'm entitled to presenting my views just as anyone else is, all members are equal and should be subject to the same rules of respect equally. Just because I made a thread years ago that you didn't like doesn't mean you have the right to single me out treat me with less respect than other members. All I made was a simple comment here, and you're blowing it up into an argument. There's no need to turn opinions about Nintendo and Mario, into personal attacks. If you wish to debate and argue with me, by all means. But don't make it personal, and please be respectful while doing so. Thank you.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
There's no need to turn opinions about Nintendo and Mario, into personal attacks.
well then why are you treating them like one, mate? lmao

Magikrazy said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:
There's no need to turn opinions about Nintendo and Mario, into personal attacks.
well then why are you treating them like one, mate? lmao
Disagreeing with me and arguing against my opinion would not count as personal, and is totally welcome. Calling me out for a thread I made years ago and swearing at me, on the other hand, is making it personal.

I'm not going to derail this thread. If anyone wishes to continue this conversation feel free to PM me, this thread isn't the appropriate avenue.

---------

Going back on topic, I'd actually love for a Mario film. Especially if it's CGI Animation. I've made a few Mario shorts in SFM and always wanted to make a feature length fan film but don't have the time/skill/resources too. If we actually see one that would be great. Especially seeing Charles Martinet, Kenny James, and Samantha Kelly voicing out full lines rather than grunts. I wonder who the writer would be.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
Saying things like:

"You know, we were all sick of this BS years ago back in 2014-2015"
"Not to mention, you pulled this same *bleep* off"
"regurgitating the same crap today that no one wants to hear today because theyr'e all sick of this conversation"

Towards me is highly disrespectful.

The things you're saying aren't respectful either, because I feel like you just want to blurt out your opinions without any regard to what others have told you in the past. The words "I thought Nintendo higher-ups hated story" is provocative in of itself, because it's a manufactured strawman intended to portray as the people who don't care for the stuff that you care about as dim-witted, close-minded morons who hate anything that you consider required in Mario games and the people who agree with Nintendo position of not prioritizing things you care about as brainless sheep, and to me, that is more disrespectful than me being blunt about all of us being sick and tired of this BS, and we all are.

Your wording is a direct attack on Nintendo and people who support Nintendo's decisions based on completely faulty logic. I'm sorry, but I have to call out BS when I see it.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
You could have worded that more respectfully. Yes, I have an unpopular opinion, and yes I am adamant about it. But at least I've been respectful to all members when presenting it. Why are you allowed to say that my opinion is "BS" but I can't say your opinion is "BS"? I don't stoop to that level, because I aim to follow the rules and treat all members with respect. Contrary to your swearing at me, which is very disrespectful.

You can have an unpopular opinion, but you don't have to be so much of a dick about it. It's possible to say that "I want Mario games to have more story" without all of the insinuations that "Nintendo is a stupid company that blindly hates story and original characters in their games".

I never said your opinion was BS, btw. I said that your logic is BS. I'm calling out your statement on claiming that "Nintendo hates story", not "I'd love for a Mario movie."

TheSuperStarSaga said:
I'm entitled to presenting my views just as anyone else is, all members are equal and should be subject to the same rules of respect equally. Just because I made a thread years ago that you didn't like doesn't mean you have the right to single me out treat me with less respect than other members. All I made was a simple comment here, and you're blowing it up into an argument. There's no need to turn opinions about Nintendo and Mario, into personal attacks. If you wish to debate and argue with me, by all means. But don't make it personal, and please be respectful while doing so. Thank you.

This is true. I'd like to see respect from you regarding other's opinions on how they feel about story and original characters in Mario games (if they don't care about), and I'd like to see more respect from you towards why some decisions are made by Nintendo, why they don't prioritize story-telling, and why they don't decide to create original characters that you think they are important.

None of your statements are above criticism regardless, and some, like me, are more gruff and blunt when it comes down to this. The reason I'm acting like this is because this is the same repetitive crap that has been said time and time again, that has gotten threads locked multiple times and people actually banned and we're all tired of it, this is simply not "oh we don't like your personal opinion", rules were actually broken. You're repeating the same drama when you first registered, and this tells me you're simply ignoring what others told you, and that to me is more disrespectful than others calling you out on it.

Let's put things this way:

Nintendo higher-ups do not hate story in Mario games and never did. Hence why they even have agreements on making a movie with Illumination and plenty of nonvideo-game Mario content, many of them not even localized for English-speaking audiences (and that awful live-action Super Mario Bros. movie). The thing to remember is that Mario is first and foremost, a video game franchise that never had emphasis on story-telling in the first place. Adapting Mario into a movie is going to be difficult to pull off properly, because time and time has shown again that it rarely works: even WITH story-filled franchises it doesn't work either, with the Silent Hill movies being a terrific example of a story-based video game franchise that sounds like it's perfect for movie format yet it failed.

I'm far more concerned about Illumination's higher-ups wanting to pander this movie to all demographics to maximize profit.

You know they will.

I actually wouldn't mind pop songs in this Mario movie. I'm so used to them being played in my Mario mods that it's essentially the norm now, I wouldn't bat an eye, and I'll just shrug if I heard it as a, say, opening song to this movie.

I'm more worried about stuff like product placements, memes, etc.

Product placement?
800px-Mercedes_DLC.jpg

Memes?
7f34195a-b764-44b8-835b-fa9fcf44e52b.png

Been there, done that.

The GLA was the best product placement ever though, because you could actually drive on it as if it was some awesome licensed car racing game.

I had the Emoji Movie in mind when typing that post and oh my god was it so bad.

Baby Luigi said:
I actually wouldn't mind pop songs in this Mario movie.
What would be good is if we got another original song there like Jump Up, Super Star.

if they put Jump Up, Super Star in this movie, I will throw a lemon into a wall

Baby Luigi said:
Let's put things this way:

Nintendo higher-ups do not hate story in Mario games and never did. Hence why they even have agreements on making a movie with Illumination and plenty of nonvideo-game Mario content, many of them not even localized for English-speaking audiences (and that awful live-action Super Mario Bros. movie). The thing to remember is that Mario is first and foremost, a video game franchise that never had emphasis on story-telling in the first place. Adapting Mario into a movie is going to be difficult to pull off properly, because time and time has shown again that it rarely works: even WITH story-filled franchises it doesn't work either, with the Silent Hill movies being a terrific example of a story-based video game franchise that sounds like it's perfect for movie format yet it failed.

I'm far more concerned about Illumination's higher-ups wanting to pander this movie to all demographics to maximize profit.
Well, hey at least that Japanese OVA movie Pichi-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! was decent. It's not the best thing ever, but atleast it's better than that horrible live action movie with Bob Hoskins. It was never brought over to the west and will never be since Nintendo doesn't acknowledge it's existence.

A TV show would work as we've seen with the DIC shows like the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and whatnot.

I think that anime, while still very flawed, is quite enjoyable to watch. Wish Nintendo would make something like it again, even if it's not localized.

Just, don't ever use that voice for Bowser.

Mission_to_Save_Princess_Peach_Mario_Bowser_fight.PNG

but he looks so derpy in that movie

Baby Luigi said:
he words "I thought Nintendo higher-ups hated story" is provocative in of itself, because it's a manufactured strawman intended to portray as the people who don't care for the stuff that you care about as dim-witted, close-minded morons who hate anything that you consider required in Mario games and the people who agree with Nintendo position of not prioritizing things you care about as brainless sheep, and to me
What, no. That's some S-grade reaching.

Opinions about the practices of a corporation regarding a children's video game aren't insults, much less a direct one, no matter how poorly founded or lame you think they are, and they are no justification for throwing a shitfit at another member.

All right, TheSuperStarSaga, I'm going to formally apologize for my hissy fit I threw earlier today. I'm very sorry I lashed out at you in this manner, the anger was completely unwarranted from my end and I have much trouble controlling my emotions, especially when I have a lack of sleep from two sleepless mornings in a row. If there is another possible opportunity in the future, we could potentially discuss our different viewpoints in a much more civil manner. Despite my overall harshness, I'd would rather make friends than enemies and in the end I really only want the best out of you rather than make your and any other members' experience here miserable, since I actually care about you.

I apologize for the disrespectful tone from my posts, and I only ask for forgiveness at this point.

I also apologize for anyone else who is upset at my brash comments.

Back