Diaper Duty 2: The Eggs
Diaper Duty 3: Baby Peach's Turn To Shine
Diaper Duty 4: Piranha Plant Storms
Diaper Duty 5: Koopa Kid Gets Mad
Diaper Duty 6: Baby Birdo is born
Diaper Duty 7: The Nega star children
Diaper Duty 9: The Lost Island
Super Baby Mario Kart
Incidentally, this is the second time you've called me a silly goose on this forum. :luigi:

I'm aware. :P

Super Mario Metal Band

It is a rhythm-based game with metal characters behind instruments. Their genres include all kinds of metal. Not only Metal Mario is in it, but also Pink Gold Peach, Ruby Gold Pauline, Cosmic Teal Platinum Rosalina, Silver Toad, Purple Tungsten Birdo, Shiny Nickel Toadette, Gold Metal Mario, Halaya-Ube Praseodymium Mario, Baby Metal Mario, Barf-Green Molybdenum Baby Luigi, Cotton Candy Pink Baby Peach, Pink Gold Donkey Kong Jr.. Blue Boron Bowser, Pink Gold Tubba Blubba, Pink Gold Yoshi, and of course, Rusty Copper Luigi.

Mario Twisted Metal

It's Mario Kart's battle mode starring pointless metal clones of Mario characters. And of course, Mario twisted all the metal characters.

"Sonic Transmission"

This is a Sonic game set in the future. Tails builds a device which sends the Sonic team into the future. Sonic transmits across many different zones.

Mario Kills A Fly

You have access to all sorts of powerful weapons and you have to kill a single fly. When you kill it, another one will appear. This game is endless.

Paper Mario: The Four Kingdoms

Some threat or something (I don't really have this part planned out) wants Sarasaland's secret treasure: the Botanical Crystals, items of great power.

Daisy sends her very own castle adviser with Mario to act as a guide around Sarasaland, giving him tips about locations and enemies (the standard Tattle partner). Daisy herself stays behind in her castle to look up more on the Botanical Crystals and to keep the capital running.

I don't even have chapter names or partners or moves or enemies or anything (I just came up with the game's name now). All I have are the Botanical Crystals and their specific details.
coral_wreath_by_just_call_me_j-db0eqpp.png

The base of Sarasaland's Botanical Crystals, obtained in the Prologue. The Coral Wreath is kept safe in Daisy's Castle, within a secret chamber. The space in the center can act as a window that gives the general location of the next Botanical Crystal. It sparkles a sea green.

Special Move: Regeneration
Allows the user to recover a small amount of HP. Uses 1 SP.

I didn't even realize the double pun at first when I was conceptualizing the Coral Wreath. I just wanted some sort of base for the Botanical Crystals. Eventually I thought "Hey! You can put flowers in wreaths!" And when deciding on the crystal, I saw coral on the list of crystals I was looking at for ideas, and I thought, "Coral would look nice in the shape of a wreath, and natural, too." When I wrote it down I realized it'd be similar to 'laurel wreath.' It wasn't until a half an hour later that I said it out loud and realized it also sounds almost identical to 'coral reef,' and my reaction looked similar to this poor woman, except instead of an armrest, I did it on the bed.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Coral can regenerate, and since the Coral Wreath would be the first Botanical Crystal obtained, it'd grant a Special Move that would heal a small amount of HP.
onyx_rose_by_just_call_me_j-db0erm9.png

The Botanical Crystal contained in the attic of Pagoda Rosaceae in the Chai Kingdom is the Onyx Rose. It sparkles white.

Special Move: Black Thorns
A Special Move that deals damage to opponents. Black Thorns requires 2 SP to use.

I didn't want to go with a traditional red rose. Besides, using the name 'Ruby Rose' might get me a lawsuit.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Onyx is black. Roses have thorns. Thorns hurt. Pretty self-explanatory, if you ask me.
amber_tulip_by_just_call_me_j-db0esl9.png

The second Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 2. The Amber Tulip is kept in Sap Cave, beneath Sap Garden, in the Easton Kingdom. It sparkles dark brownish red.

Special Move: Fossil Break
This Special Move temporarily immobilizes opponents, giving the user a break from their attacks. Fossil Break requires 2 SP to use.

I have no comments on the creation of the Amber Tulip. I just like orange tulips.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Amber fossilizes stuff trapped inside it, such as leaves and bugs. The latter part of the name refers to the tulip breaking virus, which makes certain species of tulips and lilies two colors (but not all dual-colored tulips and lilies have the tulip breaking virus).
topaz_lily_by_just_call_me_j-db0etcy.png

The third Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 3. The Topaz Lily is located in the Gao Canyon of Exona, a Sonora desert-themed region of the Birabuto Kingdom. It sparkles a pale yellow.

Special Move: Lily of Valor
This Special Move would temporarily raise the user's attack and defense power, as well as making Action Commands and Stylish Moves easier. Lily of Valor requires 3 SP to use.

Topaz can be found in numerous colors. Pink is one of those hues. Exona comes from Mexico and Arizona.

My reasoning on the Special Move: A pun on 'lily of the valley,' which is the birth flower of the month of May. However, lilies, like the one the Topaz Lily looks like, are from the order of Liliales, while lilies of the valley are of the order of Asparagales (yes, asparagus are also in that order).
opal_iris_by_just_call_me_j-db0euqp.png

The fourth Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 4. The Opal Iris is buried beneath a mountain of sand at the very center of the vast Birabuto Kingdom. It sparkles a deep opal green.

Special Move: Sunburst Stop
This Special Move deals a decent amount of damage, much more than Black Thorns. Sunburst Stop requires 4 FP to use.

I learned that I didn't remember what irises actually looked like. But I got it eventually.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Opals are often compared to stars and galaxies. A stop is a unit in measuring light in photography, such as aperture. Aperture is how wide the lens in open, and is the function of the iris of the human eye.
pearl_dandelion_by_just_call_me_j-db0evb0.png

The fifth Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 5. The Pearl Dandelion is found on the very edge of Hinge Cliff, overlooking the Muda Sea in the Muda Kingdom. It sparkles pink.

Special Move: Sand Life
This Special Move heals a considerable amount of HP, much more than Regeneration. Sand Life requires 5 SP to use.

I wanted to have some sort of flower made of up one solid pearl, but I just didn't know what. But a dandelion puff, I realized, works perfectly. Plus, I like the complementary symbolism. Dandelions symbolize strength through adversity, and pearls are formed through constant irritation.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Pearls are formed when oysters and other bivalves get grains of sand or some other irritant stuck inside its shell, an irritation which it must endure throughout the pearl's formation. Overcoming such pain is comparable to healing HP, which the dual symbolism mentioned earlier.
moonstone_lotus_by_just_call_me_j-db0ewa9.png

The sixth Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 6. The Moonstone Lotus floats in a freshwater lake, located in the Lunamarine Tunnels, deep below the surface of the Muda Sea. It sparkles black (don't ask me how).

Special Move: Tidal Lock
This Special Move temporarily grounds all affected airborne and hanging enemies (who each receive 1 HP of damage upon landing) Also confuses all enemies and makes the user party invisible. This move costs 3 FP to use.

I just like how "Moonstone Lotus" sounds.

My reasoning for the Special Move: The moon's gravity affects the tides, and lotus flowers grow on the water. The effects of the move is basically gravitational force, and turning opponents into lunatics.
glass_violet_by_just_call_me_j-db0ex3k.png

The seventh and final Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 7. The Glass Violet drifts on a cloud in the skies high above the Chai Kingdom. It sparkles lavender.

Special Move: Precision Shatter
The attack power of all Special Moves. Precision Shatter requires 6 SP to use.

Glass is often referred to as 'crystal,' especially wine goblets. It counts. :posh:

My reasoning on the Special Move: I like the idea of the tiny flower, made of fragile glass, having the most powerful attack. Precision relates to violets' small size. Shatter naturally refers to glass's fragility.
That's it. That's all I got for this one.

For another game, kind of taking a nod from Mario Party DS's gimmick of "everyone is tiny!" is another Mario Party game for a handheld system...

Baby Mario Party

Pretty much your average Mario Party game (without the stupid car, except in a specific mode), except all the playable characters (and Bowser) are babies. Maybe Toadsworth the Younger could be the host? I dunno.

Any questions, comments, concerns, snide remarks? Any and all positive and negative feedback is welcome here! The thread is open to your thoughts, and I want to hear them. Don't be shy, I'm confident in my concepts! ;D

Super Mario 3D Galaxy
Just so no-one will have a clue as to what game it's a sequel of

Also what would a Mario fighting game be called?
Mario Fighter?
Mariokken?
Mario Kombat?
Mariojustice?
Super Smash Bros.?
Idk help me out here.

Mario Combattente

J-Yoshi64 said:
Paper Mario: The Four Kingdoms

Some threat or something (I don't really have this part planned out) wants Sarasaland's secret treasure: the Botanical Crystals, items of great power.

Daisy sends her very own castle adviser with Mario to act as a guide around Sarasaland, giving him tips about locations and enemies (the standard Tattle partner). Daisy herself stays behind in her castle to look up more on the Botanical Crystals and to keep the capital running.

I don't even have chapter names or partners or moves or enemies or anything (I just came up with the game's name now). All I have are the Botanical Crystals and their specific details.
coral_wreath_by_just_call_me_j-db0eqpp.png

The base of Sarasaland's Botanical Crystals, obtained in the Prologue. The Coral Wreath is kept safe in Daisy's Castle, within a secret chamber. The space in the center can act as a window that gives the general location of the next Botanical Crystal. It sparkles a sea green.

Special Move: Regeneration
Allows the user to recover a small amount of HP. Uses 1 SP.

I didn't even realize the double pun at first when I was conceptualizing the Coral Wreath. I just wanted some sort of base for the Botanical Crystals. Eventually I thought "Hey! You can put flowers in wreaths!" And when deciding on the crystal, I saw coral on the list of crystals I was looking at for ideas, and I thought, "Coral would look nice in the shape of a wreath, and natural, too." When I wrote it down I realized it'd be similar to 'laurel wreath.' It wasn't until a half an hour later that I said it out loud and realized it also sounds almost identical to 'coral reef,' and my reaction looked similar to this poor woman, except instead of an armrest, I did it on the bed.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Coral can regenerate, and since the Coral Wreath would be the first Botanical Crystal obtained, it'd grant a Special Move that would heal a small amount of HP.
onyx_rose_by_just_call_me_j-db0erm9.png

The Botanical Crystal contained in the attic of Pagoda Rosaceae in the Chai Kingdom is the Onyx Rose. It sparkles white.

Special Move: Black Thorns
A Special Move that deals damage to opponents. Black Thorns requires 2 SP to use.

I didn't want to go with a traditional red rose. Besides, using the name 'Ruby Rose' might get me a lawsuit.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Onyx is black. Roses have thorns. Thorns hurt. Pretty self-explanatory, if you ask me.
amber_tulip_by_just_call_me_j-db0esl9.png

The second Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 2. The Amber Tulip is kept in Sap Cave, beneath Sap Garden, in the Easton Kingdom. It sparkles dark brownish red.

Special Move: Fossil Break
This Special Move temporarily immobilizes opponents, giving the user a break from their attacks. Fossil Break requires 2 SP to use.

I have no comments on the creation of the Amber Tulip. I just like orange tulips.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Amber fossilizes stuff trapped inside it, such as leaves and bugs. The latter part of the name refers to the tulip breaking virus, which makes certain species of tulips and lilies two colors (but not all dual-colored tulips and lilies have the tulip breaking virus).
topaz_lily_by_just_call_me_j-db0etcy.png

The third Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 3. The Topaz Lily is located in the Gao Canyon of Exona, a Sonora desert-themed region of the Birabuto Kingdom. It sparkles a pale yellow.

Special Move: Lily of Valor
This Special Move would temporarily raise the user's attack and defense power, as well as making Action Commands and Stylish Moves easier. Lily of Valor requires 3 SP to use.

Topaz can be found in numerous colors. Pink is one of those hues. Exona comes from Mexico and Arizona.

My reasoning on the Special Move: A pun on 'lily of the valley,' which is the birth flower of the month of May. However, lilies, like the one the Topaz Lily looks like, are from the order of Liliales, while lilies of the valley are of the order of Asparagales (yes, asparagus are also in that order).
opal_iris_by_just_call_me_j-db0euqp.png

The fourth Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 4. The Opal Iris is buried beneath a mountain of sand at the very center of the vast Birabuto Kingdom. It sparkles a deep opal green.

Special Move: Sunburst Stop
This Special Move deals a decent amount of damage, much more than Black Thorns. Sunburst Stop requires 4 FP to use.

I learned that I didn't remember what irises actually looked like. But I got it eventually.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Opals are often compared to stars and galaxies. A stop is a unit in measuring light in photography, such as aperture. Aperture is how wide the lens in open, and is the function of the iris of the human eye.
pearl_dandelion_by_just_call_me_j-db0evb0.png

The fifth Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 5. The Pearl Dandelion is found on the very edge of Hinge Cliff, overlooking the Muda Sea in the Muda Kingdom. It sparkles pink.

Special Move: Sand Life
This Special Move heals a considerable amount of HP, much more than Regeneration. Sand Life requires 5 SP to use.

I wanted to have some sort of flower made of up one solid pearl, but I just didn't know what. But a dandelion puff, I realized, works perfectly. Plus, I like the complementary symbolism. Dandelions symbolize strength through adversity, and pearls are formed through constant irritation.

My reasoning for the Special Move: Pearls are formed when oysters and other bivalves get grains of sand or some other irritant stuck inside its shell, an irritation which it must endure throughout the pearl's formation. Overcoming such pain is comparable to healing HP, which the dual symbolism mentioned earlier.
moonstone_lotus_by_just_call_me_j-db0ewa9.png

The sixth Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 6. The Moonstone Lotus floats in a freshwater lake, located in the Lunamarine Tunnels, deep below the surface of the Muda Sea. It sparkles black (don't ask me how).

Special Move: Tidal Lock
This Special Move temporarily grounds all affected airborne and hanging enemies (who each receive 1 HP of damage upon landing) Also confuses all enemies and makes the user party invisible. This move costs 3 FP to use.

I just like how "Moonstone Lotus" sounds.

My reasoning for the Special Move: The moon's gravity affects the tides, and lotus flowers grow on the water. The effects of the move is basically gravitational force, and turning opponents into lunatics.
glass_violet_by_just_call_me_j-db0ex3k.png

The seventh and final Botanical Crystal, obtained in Chapter 7. The Glass Violet drifts on a cloud in the skies high above the Chai Kingdom. It sparkles lavender.

Special Move: Precision Shatter
The attack power of all Special Moves. Precision Shatter requires 6 SP to use.

Glass is often referred to as 'crystal,' especially wine goblets. It counts. :posh:

My reasoning on the Special Move: I like the idea of the tiny flower, made of fragile glass, having the most powerful attack. Precision relates to violets' small size. Shatter naturally refers to glass's fragility.
That's it. That's all I got for this one.

For another game, kind of taking a nod from Mario Party DS's gimmick of "everyone is tiny!" is another Mario Party game for a handheld system...

Baby Mario Party

Pretty much your average Mario Party game (without the stupid car, except in a specific mode), except all the playable characters (and Bowser) are babies. Maybe Toadsworth the Younger could be the host? I dunno.

Any questions, comments, concerns, snide remarks? Any and all positive and negative feedback is welcome here! The thread is open to your thoughts, and I want to hear them. Don't be shy, I'm confident in my concepts! ;D

It would have been a good idea, if Daisy didn't stay behind.

MattMVS7 said:
"Sonic Transmission"

This is a Sonic game set in the future. Tails builds a device which sends the Sonic team into the future. Sonic transmits across many different zones.
MattMVS7 said:
"Sonic Flow"

This is a new Sonic game where Sonic transcends into god-like forms from the divine power of the emeralds. He has divine power flowing through him. When Sonic transforms into a god, I do not mean that he literally transforms into one of those mythological depictions of a god. It is sort of like how Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan God. When he transforms, he doesn't become one of those gods as depicted from ancient mythology. Rather, he has incredibly enhanced power, speed, and a whole new aura surrounding him.
Make up your own Mario title
I didn't know Sonic is a Mario series.

Super Mario 2D Land.

It's just New Super Mario Bros with elements from 3D Land. And not set in the same-y Mushroom Kingdom from the NSMB series.

Kumiko Oumae said:
Paper Mario: All of the NPCs of the previous games were eaten by Toads.

Can we have a game where we fight back and stop Toads from eating things

Paper Mario: Attack on Toad

"I see, they were corrupted by the
code stars
. We must get them back."

Super Mario Warriors

Dynasty Warriors with Mario characters, like Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors. Just imagine all those Goombas being thrown into the air...

Luigi 64DD said:
Super Mario Warriors

Dynasty Warriors with Mario characters, like Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors. Just imagine all those Goombas being thrown into the air...

I'd also like to kick Wario's fat general ass too.

Going into obscure territory here, so hope you don't mind me making these references.

Mariotae - Have Mario perform dances in order to transform into different forms, to travel around town to defeat a pirate villain!
Diner Mario - Run around serving customers with Mario!
Bookmario Adventures - Attack various enemies with the power of words!
Marioeggle - Shoot marbles into the field pachinko-style!
Marios vs Zombies - Plant an army of Marios in order to defeat the incoming zombies!
Angry Marios - Launch a group of Marios to defeat various foes!
Mariotomo - Dress up your Mario and communicate with other Marios made by other people!

Thanks for reading.

Mario Strikers: Ultra Balls

-Only Red Toads as sidekicks.
-Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., and Petey Piranha are cut. Diddy Kong isn't tough-looking enough, Bowser Jr. requires himself to be in a Koopa Clown Car so there is no way he can kick a soccer ball, and Petey Piranha's legs are too stubby.
-Bowser becomes a stage hazard again.
-Kritters are replaced by Boom-Booms.
-Rosalina and Dry Bowser are new characters.
-The sci-fi theme is completely absent and replaced by the nostalgia classic Mario feel.
-One field that resembles like a soccer field, complete with grass. The background is the grass theme by default, but you can unlock more backgrounds in this order: sand, water, snow, forest, mountain, cloud, lava. One song plays regardless of the settings.
-All characters are in their typical outfits because they violate Nintendo's code of honor that makes it blasphemous to portray them in anything else in sports games.
-Ice shells are removed because those aren't in any other Mario games.
-Star theme is not disco anymore.
-Physical violence is heavily toned-down because it would otherwise violate Nintendo's code of honor. Big hits don't have and impact. Character will just appear as if they're pushed aside.
-Mega Strikes are just regular strong shots but with some special particle effects.
-Character-specific theme songs are removed and replaced with generic fanfare for each character. This is because some may deem the music offensive and also breaking Nintendo's characterization rules.
-UI is heavily reused artwork, simply cropped.
-No tournament mode.
-No challenges.
-No match customization.
-No tournament creation.
-No records.
-No sound settings because Nintendo is ridiculously allergic to sound settings.
-Difficulty is heavily toned down and the cups are Mushroom, Flower, and Star Cups.
-No more electric fences. Knocking a character to where a fence would be would simply knock them down and they'd just get up and walk back to the field.
-Online has barely any options except a standard 1:00 minute match with randomly-chosen captains (remember, all sidekicks are Toads) and no lobbies to speak of whatsoever.
-Soccer ball is changed to a nerf ball to decrease the amount of violence and hopefully keep it an E-rating.
-Hand-drawn art is gone. Instead, there is reused 3D renders from every game imaginable and they have soccer balls plastered next to them to remind you that they're playing a soccer game. Only four characters will get the renders and Mario will get three renders: Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser.
-DLC: STICKERS AND PAINT PUDDLES ARE EVERYWHERE! Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach are DLC and have identical stats to their flesh counterparts.

TL;DR = one massive tirade against Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario Sports Superstars :pgp:

Edit: Also a tirade against the cancellation of Super Mario Spikers

Big Trouble in little mushrooms

Back