Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

King Candy said:
It actually wasn't a model, you can blame my poor word choice for that. I actually hate that box art now, much like kinda everything I posted back then. And to think that was a vast improvement over my... shudder... 2010-2011 *bleep*...
I see.

Er, did you know that there is a model texturing program tied to Photoshop call Quixel and lets you paint some dang good textures? Yeah.

At least you learn the consequences now, but the good thing is that people have probably forgotten about it so the less done about it, the better.

Oh hey I think I realised why it's not in 3D.

Remember how Dream Team changed the whole art style because of the 3D? They also made all of the backgrounds and map 3D.

This game looks like it uses 2D backgrounds instead of 3D ones. I can't really tell but I think that's the reason, since remaking the entire game into 3D would probably be pretty hard.

To be fair, they have the designs already, not like Dream Team which was an original game where everything was made from scratch.

Yeah that's certainly true but I don't think that's the real reason, Dream Team had like a four year development just because of the 3D thing.

It's only been a year and a half since Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam came out so they gotta find a way to squeeze out another game before the 3DS dies, using Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga which has already been designed, like you said, would be easier. Making it 3D would be like at least twice the effort so that's probably why they didn't bother.

Honestly I was originally disappointed (I'm one of the like, two people who like 3D) but if it was too hard for them to make it 3D, then I'm fine with that.

Seems fair that they are wanting to save time. But the enemies of the Beanbean Kingdom used to be so unique. Now in the trailer they just made the enemies so generic.

They weren't really that unique, at least the ones that are bean versions of common enemies.

Mcmadness said:
They weren't really that unique, at least the ones that are bean versions of common enemies.
But that still brought a sort of uniqueness and character the Beanbean Kingdom needed

The only thing that gave them uniqueness was the bean sprout and maybe vines. That stuff is still intact, they are just using the modern designs instead.

Two feet master race.

Billie Holiday said:
But the enemies of the Beanbean Kingdom used to be so unique. Now in the trailer they just made the enemies so generic.

Not really. I always found the BeanBean versions of them hideous.

Yeah, that's a thing SS didn't get right in the original version.

King Candy said:
All is well as long as the amazing shady Boomerang Bro design stays.

Also I hate the Boomerang Bro design in that game.

As with the recent Paper Mario changes, I'm glad they're going through some redesign.

Honestly as long as the Boomerang Bros. aren't absolutely hideous I don't care what changes they make to the other enemies.

Because it's a Boomerang Bro.

Also bizarre and weird isn't really how I'd describe most of that game's enemies.

King Candy said:
I still don't understand the hate for that Boomerang Bro design. It's bizarre and weird which is common in this game.
Regardless if that's true or not it doesn't mean I have to like it :P If it looks ugly it looks ugly, regardless of why.

Lee Chaolan said:
King Candy said:
I still don't understand the hate for that Boomerang Bro design. It's bizarre and weird which is common in this game.
Regardless if that's true or not it doesn't mean I have to like it :P If it looks ugly it looks ugly, regardless of why.

This is pretty much why I dislike it. It's ugly.

I think the border lines in Prince Peasley's new artwork on the scene wallpaper (the one based on the original box art) should be darker... the artwork in the white-background wallpapers is more consistent with the other characters but the one in the scene wallpaper has oddly colored lines instead of black. Otherwise they appear to be the same or similar artwork. Just a minor thing I noticed.

Back