Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

The box should have been something like this tbh.

3ds_box_art_template_by_omegaaaronyt-d6inshw.png

YjGihih.jpg

Japanese logo. I couldn't find it by itself, but this is what it looks like for anyone who cares. Starshade Bros. get new artwork here, didn't see that in the English version of this image.

King Candy said:
I hope they don't replace the weird shady Boomerang Bros. with standard ones.
I looked at some footage of Bowser's Minions and it seems that they have indeed changed the designs of some of the BeanBean enemies.

The Troopeas, for instance, resemble regular Koopas, being bipedal, but with with features including blue shell and a leaf on their heads. The Lakipea also looks like a regular Lakitu, but with its cloud covered in vines.

I think the shady Boomerang Bros. might be redesigned, judging from the drastic redesign of Koopeas.

This game looks great, looks like it'll be quite a bit better than the original too. Can't wait for the remixes of Popples theme and the like. Bowser's Minions looks like an interesting side-game, glad they made it actually.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Post about enemy designs
I kinda got the impression that they were mind controlled versions of regular enemies but that's probably just because I thought the sprout on their heads was like the ones in SPM.

Edit:Here's the gameplay from the treehouse:
5:40 the Weegee dance still looks amazing.

Yet another edit:
King Candy said:
M%26LSS%2BBM_Mario_%26_Luigi.png
THIS ARTWORK IS AMAZING

Baby Luigi said:
The boxart is hideous compared to the original game.

Not if you lived in Japan. :P

Yeah there, the boxart is always hideous and ugly.

Apparently Luigi still uses B even when in front.

Hopefully this doesn't screw up too much muscle memory from the original...

Why couldn't Luigi lead in future games anyway?

Not in the overworld in Superstar Saga. If you swap Mario and Luigi, pretty much only the characters and moves you can do get changed.

Landia said:
As the Forum's BIGGEST Superstar Saga fangirl, like this is a dream come true.
Landia said:
Wait isn't that how it worked anyways? Mario always used A and Luigi always used B?
As the forum's biggest Superstar Saga fangirl, you ought to know details like this! :luigi:

LeftyGreenMario said:
Landia said:
As the Forum's BIGGEST Superstar Saga fangirl, like this is a dream come true.
Landia said:
Wait isn't that how it worked anyways? Mario always used A and Luigi always used B?
As the forum's biggest Superstar Saga fangirl, you ought to know details like this! :luigi:
In my defense I have the world's worst memory :luigi:

You know I always thought it was ridiculous how Fawful defeated Bowser in one shot in this game.

I know it was just for the sake of having a tutorial but I still call shenanigans.

Ah well, Bowser would get his revenge in BiS so whatevs.

Bowser is not taken seriously at all in Superstar Saga, which plays into the idea that Bowser is defeated easily.

Just look at his goddamn overworld sprite.

BowserMLSS.png

it looks sad

And the artwork makes him look threatening, though most of the time, you'd be seeing his pathetic overworld sprite and it makes Bowser look more sad and ridiculous.

667px-Bowser_MLSS.png

Though I think a graphical overhaul is going to make Bowser slightly less pathetic and it probably won't make Bowletta any slightly better.

This is why I always say "if he isn't the villain, just keep him out of the game."

Obviously this is a remake and it's far too late for that but for future installments that aren't remakes.

honestly would it have been too much to add an option to turn on outlines for the sprites

its been a nuisance since dream team

black outlines fine

but black outlines with those weird gray pixels at corners, nah.

what does it say when I'm more interested in the Bowser's minions part of this?

It says that you're more interested in it because it's an entirely new part of the game and it's not very often in the past you get to control the minions sort of like tower games like in Plants vs. Zombies or something.

And a goomba is the main character.

All is well.

I think it'll be neat but I'll probably still spend more time in the main game. The new mode doesn't appear to play like a M&L battle, more like if Paper Jam had an entire story mode with just Papercraft battles. But we'll see.

I hope it has a hard mode.

Billie Holiday said:
The box should have been something like this tbh.

*image*

Well...

DCYWcmZWsAY9CO3.jpg

Looks like it could be the same in Australia and elsewhere in Europe as well, though why they didn't decide to use it for NA and Japan is beyond me.

Mcmadness said:
I hope it has a hard mode.
I hope so as well, more replayability, especially for a remake, and I liked it in Dream Team. Kinda sad it wasn't in Paper Jam.

JC said:
Well...

DCYWcmZWsAY9CO3.jpg

Looks like it could be the same in Australia and elsewhere in Europe as well, though why they didn't decide to use it for NA and Japan is beyond me.
Wow that's some nice looking boxart, almost makes me tempted to buy a physical instead of digital. Almost.

Back