Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

I think the real travesty is no new artwork for Bowser.

Yeah he's a minor character in this but even the original gave him a decent picture.

So I finally got around to watching some of the treehouse footage, this game looks like it'll be quite a bit better than the original imo.

There were two main issues that I had with the original, the over complicated Bros attacks and the lack of a map. This might just be me coming from the later entries first, but they made the game harder to come back too since you needed a good memory to remember where something was or how to do a Bros move.

Bros. Attacks now have distinct red/green circles outlining what button to press which makes performing Bros attack much easier which is nice, and there aren't four different options for which version to use which is good.

The bottom screen now has a map, which I like, but they even made it better by letting you put pins on the map to remind you of what spots to come back to, which will help a lot.

I mean they literally fixed the two things I wanted, looking forward to this game

That considered, what'd you think of Bowser's Minions?

I didn't watch all that much of it but it looks like an interesting side mode that will serve as a nice diversion from battling, creating your own team and levelling them up like some other RPGs do is a cool feature. It's not a selling point by any means but it looks like fun.

I just thought of something not too long ago. You can play a Luigi's Mansion (original or sequel) and a Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (original or remake) on the same system (GameCube and 3DS) (1st is possible because due to the Game Boy Player). The later of which has a call back to Luigi's Mansion.

Lee Chaolan said:
Bros. Attacks now have distinct red/green circles outlining what button to press which makes performing Bros attack much easier which is nice, and there aren't four different options for which version to use which is good.
I can assure you that even at the max difficulty, in the original bros. moves showed you which button to press: if you watched carefully, a small colored circle (either red or green) would surround Mario or Luigi when it was the time to press his button. After you learned the sequence with the easiest mode (that had slow motion and explicitly showed which button to press) it was enough, I think.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Landia said:
As the Forum's BIGGEST Superstar Saga fangirl, like this is a dream come true.
Landia said:
Wait isn't that how it worked anyways? Mario always used A and Luigi always used B?
As the forum's biggest Superstar Saga fangirl, you ought to know details like this! :luigi:

Does that make me the biggest superstar saga fanboy.

Ahem... My name...

TheSuperStarSaga said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Landia said:
Landia said:
Wait isn't that how it worked anyways? Mario always used A and Luigi always used B?
As the forum's biggest Superstar Saga fangirl, you ought to know details like this! :luigi:

Ahem... My name...
you can be the biggest superstar saga fanboy and i can be the biggest fangirl

My biggest fear, is that the flight uniform koopas on the koopas cruiser will be replaced with generic koopas. If that happens I will be significantly discouraged :c

They looked so cool when I was a kid. And looking back at then as an adult, they look so cute in flight suits. Either way, they're special. It would be a shame for them to become generic koopas.

wrong_instructions_by_rs_v22-db6hkre.png

PangolinFreak said:
TheSuperStarSaga said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Landia said:
Landia said:

Ahem... My name...
you can be the biggest superstar saga fanboy and i can be the biggest fangirl

"High fives* :D

I don't see why the Koopa Cruiser Koopas will be replaced with naked ones. If anything, they'll probably resemble Partners in Time.

I am worried about the mindset of standardizing the designs of all recurring enemies though, even variations that were originally a lot different looking. Complete OCs (not based on existing designs) are largely exempt from this because they don't have a "main series design" to conform to, but Troopeas now being literally DT/PJ Koopas with sprouts instead of the weird four-legged cross-eyed thing they used to be takes away a lot of the unique identity. I liked how there were different body shapes and poses in the Beanbean Kingdom since it showed how they evolved differently from those in the Mushroom Kingdom.

As for uniformed Koopas, I hope they don't lose their uniforms but to be fair Partners in Time was before they really started pushing standardized designs. Much as I dislike this direction, they might want to use completely recognizable sprites for Bowser's initial minions (it's already weird and could be telling that the uniformed Koopas haven't been seen looking for him in the new mode)

Troopea.PNG

I really don't see what the big deal is. It's a koopa with a sprout on it's head, nothing more. It just went from 4 legs to 2 legs.

Yeah, that's not exactly what I call "imaginative". Perhaps "different" if you're willing to stretch it. And the whole "separate evolution" thing is not really grounded in reality since Spinies, Bob-ombs, Thwomps, Goombas (Gritty Gombas and Goomdivers), Piranha Plants, Bloopers, Rexes, and Viruses are virtually identical.

From what I've seen the tactics look largely unchanged.

Mcmadness said:
Troopea.PNG

I really don't see what the big deal is. It's a koopa with a sprout on it's head, nothing more. It just went from 4 legs to 2 legs.
And the amount of legs are exactly the problem.

I'm not going to buy a Nintendo game until they realise that the 4 feet master race are superior

Supreme Commander Fawful of the Digital Candy Troll Kingdom said:
Troopeas now being literally DT/PJ Koopas with sprouts instead of the weird four-legged cross-eyed thing they used to be takes away a lot of the unique identity

They don't have a unique identity to begin with.

That's just a move trait. In terms of physical characteristics, they're not unique at all. They were just four-legged Koopas, in the same manner Galaxy used four-legged Koopas.

Mcmadness said:
Troopea.PNG

You've said yourself that you're not a fan of story, original characters, and unique designs in Mario. Much like Mr. Miyamoto.

So it makes sense that you'd feel this way, fair enough. We're just worried that the more generic designs might not be faithful to the original unique designs. Some cases, like that koopa not being four legged are less of a big deal than others. It could be a sign of more radical changes we've yet to see though.

My biggest concern is if the Koopas on the Koopa Cruiser will have their flight uniforms or not.

Back