Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

JC said:
Well...

DCYWcmZWsAY9CO3.jpg

Looks like it could be the same in Australia and elsewhere in Europe as well, though why they didn't decide to use it for NA and Japan is beyond me.
NICE!

They should have it that after you complete Minion Quest you get to have Bowser as a captain.

Maybe throw in some post-game challenges to tackle with him.

Funnily enough, the Japanese title of Minion's Quest has nothing to do with the "minions" term: it is 『クッパ軍団RPG』 or Koopa Troop RPG.

Mister Wu said:
Funnily enough, the Japanese title of Minion's Quest has nothing to do with the "minions" term: it is 『クッパ軍団RPG』 or Koopa Troop RPG.

Not surprising, the Japanese titles were always a lot more blunt.

Just M&L rpg 1 2 3 4 PM Mix

What is this one's Jap title anyway?

Mcmadness said:
Not surprising, the Japanese titles were always a lot more blunt.

Just M&L rpg 1 2 3 4 PM Mix

What is this one's Jap title anyway?
『マリオ&ルイージRPG1 DX』, which means Mario & Luigi RPG 1 DX. For some reason, they felt the need to add the 1...

although the DX is more appropriate than just nothing.

Well, I'm not surprised Europe and Australia get cooler looking Mario boxart.

Baby Luigi said:
Why, has this happened before? I thought it was more the other way around, last I remember America got better Sticker Star artwork than us but I can't think of anything else.

oh wow this is nifty

this will at least give me a chance to play through superstar saga, which i missed out on in my youth

Lee Chaolan said:
America got better Sticker Star artwork than us
Eh I think I prefer the European Sticker Star artwork, it's an actual scene unlike a bunch of renders scattered over a yellow background. Super Paper Mario had better artwork in America though.

As for M&L, the English box arts for the first 2 games were so much better than the Japanese ones, I have no idea why they decided to carry the blandness of the old JP boxes over to us instead of the other way around.

Because once the american audiences were hooked, the need to make 2 different styles became redundant.

So ditch the more boring one, not the badass one.
Anyway, this has amiibo support. You thinking what I'm thinking?

Fawful amiibo

That would require they put more effort into it, which they aren't going to do.

Yes it does have amiibo support, no there won't be a Fawful amiibo.

Lee Chaolan said:
Baby Luigi said:
Why, has this happened before? I thought it was more the other way around, last I remember America got better Sticker Star artwork than us but I can't think of anything else.

No, it's just that NOA is ran by braindead monkeys.

^Yeah that sums up a lot of Nintendo's decisions.

Speaking of amiibo, I wonder what they'll do? So far the Mario and Luigi ones have been confirmed to do at least something, and the Goomba, Koopa and Boo one will read/write with (I'm assuming) the Bowser's Minions game (why no Shy Guy amiibo?). Maybe the minions will save team data while M&L give items or something in the main game?

Would be cool if you could summon Mario and Luigi with their amiibo in the Minion Quest mode, or at least clones of them (so it would make sense with them being on their own adventure) and they'd fight with you for that battle. Even better if you could do this with many characters. And that's a function that I feel could easily allow for a Fawful or Cackletta amiibo, it would either temporarily force them onto your side or spawn clones of them to fight with you.

I'd also be interested in multiplayer for this mode. I think local wireless matches with 2 teams would be neat.

If there was a new Mario amiibo line for Mario & Luigi, they're just going to do Mario and Luigi in that art style. Think of their 3D models from Dream Team becoming an amiibo.

Well it's on the 3DS but it ain't in 3D :P

Dear god, what did you do with Cackletta.

why would you model ANYTHING thru photoshop?

King Candy said:

Fawful amiibo
Prince Peasley Amiibo
Popple Amiibo
Birdo Amiibo
Cackletta Amiibo
BOWLETTA AMIIBO BOYS
GET HYPED

LeftyGreenMario said:
why would you model ANYTHING thru photoshop?
It actually wasn't a model, you can blame my poor word choice for that. I actually hate that box art now, much like kinda everything I posted back then. And to think that was a vast improvement over my... shudder... 2010-2011 shit...

Coincidentally (or not), I'm working on actually-not-shit 3D-like renders of various Superstar Saga characters right now. I've finished Fawful and almost finished Prince Peasley. Cackletta and Popple are probably next.

PangolinFreak said:
King Candy said:

Fawful amiibo
Prince Peasley Amiibo
Popple Amiibo
Birdo Amiibo
Cackletta Amiibo
BOWLETTA AMIIBO BOYS
GET HYPED
If this all happened I'd be dead from heart failure.

Peasley amiibo should have glow in the dark hair

I remember seeing that image years ago and thinking (no offense) it looked terrible, never realised you made it lol.

Mcmadness said:
Well it's on the 3DS but it ain't in 3D :P
You know this made me look back at the boxarts because it seems like such a weird idea that they would make this game 2D only, and I can't see anything like "Only plays in 2D" on the Spanish boxart. Does anyone know of an official Nintendo source for these boxarts, because the only place I found the American one was on Amazon (they could have an incorrect version?) and I can't find the Spanish one on any websites.

Lee Chaolan said:
I remember seeing that image years ago and thinking (no offense) it looked terrible, never realised you made it lol.
I think it looks terrible too, no offense there. I wish it didn't get spread around the internet so much that I saw it randomly posted in a M&L facebook group lol. At least it's not the "M&L RPG4: Featuring SpongeBob" that also got spread at one point *shudder*

The official trailer for the game has small text on the bottom reading "Game and system sold separately. Game only in 2D" that appears with Yoshi Theater.

Back