Hopes for 3D World Deluxe?

You actually want to play it in multiplayer, that's when it's fun. I NEVER play it alone.

Dark Meta Knight said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Playing it again after you've beaten it. Isn't that what replayability is?
And for what reason would anybody want to play that game after playing it fully once?
Seriously? You've never played a game again just because it's fun? At all?

If 3D World has so little replay value then why did it sell better than Smash 4 in the first place? What does replay value have to do with sales? You haven't explained why "no replay value" makes the port a bad idea.

For one , i'm talking about this game. Don't make it look like i said it as a general thing that applies to every single game , that's not the case.

I did replay 3D World , but not out of ''fun'' exactly even if i did find it to be the first couple of times because , duh , it's a Mario game , those tend to be fun according to universal research.

I did mostly to complete the golden flags as Rosalina , since you don't really have her until late in the game.

That's what it is.

Why it sold less than Smash? Well , for 1 according to research , it BARELY did , and that minimal difference probably has to do with the fact that 3D World is a 2013 game that was around longer enough + the fact that the Wii U system itself potentially hurt the games sales , kinda like also 3D World is the worst selling main game in a while.

Plus , we can all be more open and accepting that there's actually a 3DS version of Smash that completely OUTSOLD 3D World , and we can be even more accepting and combine those sales with the Wii U version since they are literally the same game with only graphical differences being the only relevant distinction between both versions.

the result is a complete slap to the face back to the moon to 3D World.

And replay value actually hurts the sales in comparison because why on earth would a game with little replay value be more accepted and more likely to sell than one that has a bigger public and community?

What kind of game is 3D World? a liner platform game that can be played in single player just as good as it will be in the multiplayer way , and lets also add that this feature is not really a favorite in most main Mario games.

What kind of games are Mario Kart and Smash?

Games that are party games , multiplayer , have a HUGE community and their replayability over the time is secured because what you do is ''party'' instead of ''completing'' the game, like you would do in a main game.

In other words , we don't need another port , even less from 3D World which is an already complete and great game as it is. It's not even that popular or ''acclaimed'' to deserve a port either , so i would choose to let it be.

I sort of already said this, but making another NSMB game may actually be wiser sales-wise than porting Smash or 3D World. It shouldn't take much effort, and NSMB games have a history of selling better than everything except Mario Kart and, in the Wii's case, the Wii Sports series. It also would most likely not hinder the sales of Super Mario Odyssey or vice-versa, judging by NSMBW and SMG.

Smiley Man said:
I sort of already said this, but making another NSMB game may actually be wiser sales-wise than porting Smash or 3D World. It shouldn't take much effort, and NSMB games have a history of selling better than everything except Mario Kart and, in the Wii's case, the Wii Sports series. It also would most likely not hinder the sales of Super Mario Odyssey or vice-versa, judging by NSMBW and SMG.

NSMB2 and SM3DL both sold like 11 million or something. NSMBU and SM3DW both ended up selling about the same number of units which is 5 million or something. So both 3D Land and 3D World kept up with their NSMB counterparts.

You have a point there, but what that tells me is that they should make a either a new NSMB or a new SM3D, not a port of SM3DW. NSMB would probably not take as long to make since they've reused more assets from those games than they have for the SM3D games.

I would have preferred Mario Kart 7 Deluxe or even 3D Land Deluxe over 3D World Deluxe, mainly because I have played neither games.

I know Mario Kart 7 Deluxe is unlikely to happen since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is around the corner, but I would like to see how that game could be improved if the developers weren't given a strict deadline (I believe Mario Kart 7 was basically rushed to meet the Holiday 2011 deadline). I am sure they could improve Mario Kart 7 to implement standard features found in other Mario Kart games, such as a dedicated VS mode for single player.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
I would have preferred Mario Kart 7 Deluxe or even 3D Land Deluxe over 3D World Deluxe, mainly because I have played neither games.

I know Mario Kart 7 Deluxe is unlikely to happen since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is around the corner, but I would like to see how that game could be improved if the developers weren't given a strict deadline (I believe Mario Kart 7 was basically rushed to meet the Holiday 2011 deadline). I am sure they could improve Mario Kart 7 to implement standard features found in other Mario Kart games, such as a dedicated VS mode for single player.

Thanks for reading.
"The only addition in Mario Kart 7 Deluxe is Waluigi."

PeDaRoYs said:
winstein said:

Thanks for reading.
"The only addition in Mario Kart 7 Deluxe is Waluigi."

That's good enough for me, actually.

Thanks for reading.

Nah. There's no point. SM3DW may be awesome, but not perfect. The Switch isn't a portable Wii U, despite have BotW, MK8, and Shovel Knight. I want a Switch for Super Mario Odyssey, not BotW and MK8D.

Super Mario 3D World would perfectly suit the Switch's concept, since it's a pick up and play, re-playable, fun Mario game that isn't too open or confusing.

Also, it can support detached joycons for instant two player action, docked or undocked.

For new additions, I would like to see some new extra challenging levels, and a new character. Yes, you know which one it should be
KUO5yNZ.png

I'm sorry, but I don't want three princesses in my non-Mario Kart game. Two is enough for me, I'd rather have Wario & Waluigi, as they would have unique abilities that could make the game more interesting.

Toadette would be a far better new character than Daisy. Hell, Toadette was playable in Super Mario Run so she has something going for her already.

memoryman3 said:
Super Mario 3D World would perfectly suit the Switch's concept, since it's a pick up and play, re-playable, fun Mario game that isn't too open or confusing.

Also, it can support detached joycons for instant two player action, docked or undocked.
Why not just make a new 3D series game though?

No matter what some guide says , you still have only 1 princess in this game.

8 if you count the Sprixies.

Definition of princess said:
prin·cess
ˈprinsəs,ˈprinˌses/
noun
noun: princess; plural noun: princesses

the daughter of a monarch.
a close female relative of monarch, especially a son's daughter.
the wife or widow of a prince.
So we don't really know whether or not Rosalina's a princess because Rosalina's storybook does not say who her parents were. Since they lived in a castle, they could have been royalty. Since Rosalina does not rule whatever place her parents theoretically ruled, that would make her a princess rather than a queen judging by how the titles are used in Great Britain (since male relatives of the queen are called princes and the queen is the monarch while the princes aren't). But this is all speculation unless Nintendo provides more of her backstory.

Just to be clear to everyone, Super Mario 3D World depends heavily on the Wii U's GamePad for certain actions, which include the microphone and the touch screen; those are all actions that you can't replicate with the Nintendo Switch.

MnSG said:
Just to be clear to everyone, Super Mario 3D World depends heavily on the Wii U's GamePad for certain actions, which include the microphone and the touch screen; those are all actions that you can't replicate with the Nintendo Switch.
They can just remap them.

MnSG said:
depends heavily on the Wii U's GamePad
I mean if you can play 95% of the game with a Wii remote or Pro controller and only need the GamePad for a few select levels, all of which or optional, I wouldn't really say that the game heavily relies on it.

Pwwnd123 said:

Good luck doing that for any course that involves using the microphone, since I don't recall seeing the Joy-Con being equipped with one.

MnSG said:
Pwwnd123 said:

Good luck doing that for any course that involves using the microphone, since I don't recall seeing the Joy-Con being equipped with one.

The actual Switch system does have a microphone.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i barely remember using the microphone in 3D world though.

Puffprod Peaks is pretty much the most notable course for utilizing the GamePad's microphone and touch screen.

Time Turner said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
No matter what some guide says
And a trading card, and an official website, and a voice actress's website, and a Nintendo Direct video...

The official website is for Baby Rosalina , non canon character

The voice actresses are not Nintendo developers or character supervisors , they couldn't care less.

etc. etc. etc.

Not in-game confirmation , no deal. If it was that way , they wouldn't avoid refering to her as such in bios and in game material ON PURPOSE.

Rosalina's usual description never matches Peach's or Daisy's in this regard , so no.

Back