Hopes for 3D World Deluxe?

Swiftie_Luma said:
Time Turner said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
No matter what some guide says
And a trading card, and an official website, and a voice actress's website, and a Nintendo Direct video...

The official website is for Baby Rosalina , non canon character

The voice actresses are not Nintendo developers or character supervisors , they couldn't care less.

etc. etc. etc.

Not in-game confirmation , no deal. If it was that way , they wouldn't avoid refering to her as such in bios and in game material ON PURPOSE.

Rosalina's usual description never matches Peach's or Daisy's in this regard , so no.
Are you sure you're not reading too much into it? Do you have any proof that they're intentionally going out of their way to not refer to her as a princess specifically because she's not one, or are you just making an assumption?

im not gonna have this discussion again.

Agree to disagree , because i honestly could start typing and typing about the subject and i really don't want to.

Baby Luigi said:
Toadette would be a far better new character than Daisy. Hell, Toadette was playable in Super Mario Run so she has something going for her already.

They couldn't even give her a unique ability in Super Mario Run....

i doubt they'd do anything different for Daisy.

anyway, 3DW Deluxe would be nice but not really a big hit with me, Odyssey looks so much better so I don't really care if they put 3DW on the switch.

I enjoyed 3D World but I don't think there's any need for another version

memoryman3 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Toadette would be a far better new character than Daisy. Hell, Toadette was playable in Super Mario Run so she has something going for her already.

They couldn't even give her a unique ability in Super Mario Run....

So? That doesn't matter. She's still there, playable.

I don't get why people are so infatuated with Super Mario Odyssey...I'm intrigued by it myself but it seems to take several important steps back from 3D World.

• No timed levels.

• Only Mario is playable.

• No multiplayer

• Likely less replay value due to a sandbox style world = less levels.

• Less "pick up and play" than 3D World was.

A game like 3D World meshes with the Switch concept SO MUCH BETTER than Odyssey will probably do.

memoryman3 said:
I don't get why people are so infatuated with Super Mario Odyssey...I'm intrigued by it myself but it seems to take several important steps back from 3D World.

• No timed levels.

• No multiplayer

A game like 3D World meshes with the Switch concept SO MUCH BETTER than Odyssey will probably do.
It's in the style of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, which follow basically everything that you wrote here. I take it you're not a fan of those games, either?

Um...a lot of those things you mentioned were the reasons I think people like 3D World. If Nintendo gets rid of them, Odyssey is going to be a total flop.

Timed levels suck ass and they should have been dead a long time ago.

The only exceptions is if levels were built around the timer. Otherwise, there was no need for a stupid timer in normal Mario levels.

For the most part, I think that timers are pointless, but I don't particularly dislike them, either. They add a degree of challenge to levels, requiring to keep moving and not spend half an hour trying to make an impossible jump, but Mario levels have never challenging enough to warrant it (unless, as BL said, the levels are built around the timer).

memoryman3 said:

• No timed levels. This sucked , noboby wants this

• Only Mario is playable. Like 99% of the rest of the Mario platformers

• No multiplayer. See above

• Likely less replay value due to a sandbox style world = less levels. Style similar to previous titles to 3D series , games people still praise this days. SM64 is still played alot.

• Less "pick up and play" than 3D World was. No , whatever you mean by that. You are just biased

A game like 3D World meshes with the Switch concept SO MUCH BETTER than Odyssey will probably do. According to who? The Switch looks to have more diversity rather than just sticking with the usual kid friendly Nintendo. It certainly doesn't have the overall childish look the Wii U had , and neither does Odyssey so far in comparison to 3DWorld

Time Turner said:
memoryman3 said:

• No timed levels.

• No multiplayer

It's in the style of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, which follow basically everything that you wrote here. I take it you're not a fan of those games, either?
It's also what people have been wanting since 3D Land made it very linear like the 2D Marios.

memoryman3 said:

Even though it isn't confirmed yet, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Luigi will probably be in Odyssey.

Time Turner said:
memoryman3 said:

• No timed levels.

• No multiplayer

he doesnt know what he wants like alot of mario fans

:^)

memoryman3 said:
For new additions, I would like to see some new extra challenging levels, and a new character. Yes, you know which one it should be
[/img]
Hey, hey, hey, hey!

You're missing someone...
|
|
V
:yoshi:

EDIT: I want ridable Yoshi to return in Mario Odyssey, with more fruit abilities.

If they introduce Yoshi, I want them to design a level that requires you dump as much Yoshis as you can into pits in order to proceed.

Hell, maybe if Super Mario Mario introduced Yoshi, I can get very creative on ways I can do to dump him. I was pretty damn creative in killing creatures in Spore: Galactic Adventures :smug:

Hm, I can envision it already. You hit a ? Block with a Yoshi Egg in it which is in an area you can't access. Then you spawn Spike Balls in there, which roll over Yoshi. Finally, you step on a switch that causes a spike ceiling to slowly drop on the Yoshi.

I wish Super Mario Maker had these features. I'd make the perfect Princess Peach's Dungeon type level, where I have fun finding ways to cause misery to various Mario enemies. Spike Balls are the bread and butter on how to make killing machines as well as enemy spawning pipes.

Pretty sure I've seen a couple levels like that already minus the yoshi torture.

Baby Luigi said:
Timed levels suck ass and they should have been dead a long time ago.

The only exceptions is if levels were built around the timer. Otherwise, there was no need for a stupid timer in normal Mario levels.

Yeah, the timer should count up instead, like Sonic, so that Time Attack can be viable.

PeDaRoYs said:
memoryman3 said:
For new additions, I would like to see some new extra challenging levels, and a new character. Yes, you know which one it should be
[/img]
Hey, hey, hey, hey!

You're missing someone...
|
|
V
:yoshi:

EDIT: I want ridable Yoshi to return in Mario Odyssey, with more fruit abilities.

Yeahhhhh, I have serious beef with how Yoshi is overused. It was cool as a powerup, or a generic species, but unfortunately they made it be an established two-legged character and gave it so many bad games. In fact, instead of Daisy (for an equal male/female human balance), the Yoshi generic species is considered to be player 4. What?

Back