Hopes for 3D World Deluxe?

Thing is... Daisy was only brought back from Super Mario Land for spinoffs, so if she does appear in a main game, it's only a hidden cameo or reference. Wario appeared as a character there only because he has his own series and a bigger impact than Daisy did. I'm not hating on her, it's just that I don't think Daisy is a character that has the potential of being a playable character in a platformer. Maybe some day when she gets more recognition, but for now, I don't think so.

for me ever since Mario 64 DS I think Yoshi, while still fun to play as, was more of an excuse on Nintendo's part to not add Waluigi despite Wario being in addition to Mario and Luigi. Would Mario + Luigi + Wario + Daisy have made any more sense than Yoshi?

Here's the catch , Waluigi is irrelevant.

He does not belong in main games , he can't be compared to Wario in that aspect.

The 4 characters in SM64DS are a no brainer to be honest.

Daisy over Yoshi ... pfffft lmao , not in this life or the next one.

memoryman3 said:
It was cool as a powerup, or a generic species, but unfortunately they made it be an established two-legged character
Yoshi has always had two legs, I don't know what kinda Mario games you've been playing if you think Yoshi used to have more or less than two legs.

Magikrazy said:
memoryman3 said:
It was cool as a powerup, or a generic species, but unfortunately they made it be an established two-legged character
Yoshi has always had two legs, I don't know what kinda Mario games you've been playing if you think Yoshi used to have more or less than two legs.

As in....the humanoid treatment. Notice how Yoshi is in the Mario and Sonic games + Smash whilst Toad isn't?

He's no more "humanoid" than Donkey Kong, who is also playable in both series. And he's substantially less "humanoid" than the Sonic characters seen in the Olympic Games (and Smash Bros, in Sonic's case).

I think the word memoryman is looking for is "anthropomorphisized" and regardless, (and as usual) his arguments make zero sense. What does character build have anything to do with playability? Hell, Yoshi's unorthodox character model in Super Smash Bros. Brawl didn't prevent him from being playable. How ARE non-anthropomorphic animals placed at a disadvantage? And how the hell is Toad less anthropomorphic than Yoshi? He's actually MORE anthropomorphic than Yoshi.

Baby Luigi said:
I think the word memoryman is looking for is "anthropomorphisized" and regardless, (and as usual) his arguments make zero sense. What does character build have anything to do with playability? Hell, Yoshi's unorthodox character model in Super Smash Bros. Brawl didn't prevent him from being playable. How ARE non-anthropomorphic animals placed at a disadvantage? And how the hell is Toad less anthropomorphic than Yoshi? He's actually MORE anthropomorphic than Yoshi.

I mean...what I'm trying to say is that Yoshi, a species who was once used as Mario's domesticated "pet" of some sort, is getting all these big roles while Daisy, a human (dominant species) who is supposed to be closely related to Luigi and Peach, is left out. Doesn't really make too much sense if you ask me.

Heck, they even changed Yoshi to stand more upright in Smash 4 to make him "stronger". Ugh, he gets too much love.

I can only argue in that your opinion is not fact. Plus, Yoshi has had a huge impact on the Mario series, also saving Mario when he was a baby. Daisy appeared as a damsel in distress in Super Mario Land, and then stayed out of the picture for several years, until being brought back for Mario Tennis, therefore for spinoff titles. I don't see why a human should be considered better than a dinosaur, especially when it's... well... Daisy. It's the same argument all over again.

Koopd Guy said:
I can only argue in that your opinion is not fact. Plus, Yoshi has had a huge impact on the Mario series, also saving Mario when he was a baby. Daisy appeared as a damsel in distress in Super Mario Land, and then stayed out of the picture for several years, until being brought back for Mario Tennis, therefore for spinoff titles. I don't see why a human should be considered better than a dinosaur, especially when it's... well... Daisy. It's the same argument all over again.

Did you notice how they immediately gave him his own series as soon as he debuted in Mario World? His popularity was manufactured, like Wario's was. Most of his games aren't even good and his design looks very out of place when your group him with the human characters, compared to Daisy, who blends in nicely.

I am really sick of him and wish he would be killed off, but I know that's never going to happen especially with Ubisoft showing interest in him.

Waluigi is not in SM64DS because he was not needed, we alredy had enough characters for making the gameplay/plot/multiplayer fit.

Same for Yoshi and Daisy in SM3DW, Plessie has replaced Yoshi and they wanted a 5th character that is unlocked after the canon story in a space level, this role was written by Rosalina, if Daisy needs to be in a main game (I hope she will appear one day) the game needs to be written for making her fit.

And Swiftie is right, you are not helping her AT ALL memoryman...

Daisy and Rosalina said:
Waluigi is not in SM64DS because he was not needed, we alredy had enough characters for making the gameplay/plot/multiplayer fit.

Same for Yoshi and Daisy in SM3DW, Plessie has replaced Yoshi and they wanted a 5th character that is unlocked after the canon story in a space level, this role was written by Rosalina, if Daisy needs to be in a main game (I hope she will appear one day) the game needs to be written for making her fit.

And Swiftie is right, you are not helping her AT ALL memoryman...

I'm indifferent towards Waluigi but he would have made so much more sense than Yoshi for SM64 that it's not even funny. Waluigi would have made more sense because he doesn't just go "YOSHI YOSHI" like a powerup.

Can you see Waluigi sleping on the roof of the castle, using other hats without having any and doing flutter jump? Don't think so.

memoryman3 said:
Did you notice how they immediately gave him his own series as soon as he debuted in Mario World? His popularity was manufactured, like Wario's was. Most of his games aren't even good and his design looks very out of place when your group him with the human characters, compared to Daisy, who blends in nicely.

I am really sick of him and wish he would be killed off, but I know that's never going to happen especially with Ubisoft showing interest in him.

I don't know if this ever occurred to you in your little rant but let me just outline something for ya.
Most of the characters in Mario aren't human

Mcmadness said:
memoryman3 said:

I don't know if this ever occurred to you in your little rant but let me just outline something for ya.
Most of the characters in Mario aren't human

Yes I know, but nearly all of the fan favourite ones are. And most of the "minor" ones are species like Toad, and what Yoshi should be. Mario + Luigi + Peach + Daisy would honestly make a lot of sense, even Mario Kart 8 swapped Daisy and Yoshi's places late in development to reflect this.

Daisy is nowhere near a major character. Removing a fan favourite character just so you can have your favourite character playable will not happen. As far as I'm concerned, a lot of people dislike Daisy and find her annoying.

Your point about Yoshi not fitting in with the other characters has some problems. Think about Bowser, the Mario character who has appeared in almost as many games as Mario himself. He's almost as unlike a human as Yoshi is, or the Goomba, the staple Mario enemy is even less human like then Yoshi, it doesn't resemble a human in any way.

Can we change the subject now? All this talk about Daisy's place in the Mario universe is starting to get annoying for me.

memoryman3 said:
I mean...what I'm trying to say is that Yoshi, a species who was once used as Mario's domesticated "pet" of some sort, is getting all these big roles while Daisy, a human (dominant species) who is supposed to be closely related to Luigi and Peach, is left out. Doesn't really make too much sense if you ask me.

Heck, they even changed Yoshi to stand more upright in Smash 4 to make him "stronger". Ugh, he gets too much love.

How much twisting around of words and phrases do you have to undertake to try to make yourself logically sound?

Yoshi is closer to Luigi than Luigi is close to Daisy. At least Yoshi saved Luigi several times when he was a baby and they're both considered friends. In nonvideo game media, such as the Super Mario-Kun, Super Mario Adventures, Super Mario World cartoon, Yoshi is close friends with Mario and Luigi, and they're usually a group. Yoshi's role in Super Mario World, originally? Served as a power-up to Mario and was also one of the driving forces behind the plot too. Daisy's role in Super Mario Land? Being an orange Peach. They decided to bring her back only to make her Peach's partner in Mario Tennis. That's it.

And I'm pretty sure they changed Yoshi's posture in Smash to better fit his official posture. I don't know where you get this "stronger" posture from, being hunched over isn't any more evolutionary disadvantageous than being upright.

memoryman3 said:

Maybe because he was immensely popular and had a highly favorable reception by the fans in Super Mario World? Ever considered that? I consider Yoshi a hugely memorable character in Super Mario World, and most people who played Super Mario World can attest to that. Additionally, the Yoshi species was also a prominent character throughout the game and the plot. Daisy had next to no involvement with the story in Super Mario Land.

Now you're just making bullshit up just to discredit Yoshi and continue giving credit to what amounts to basically a Peach recolor. Anyone who sees Yoshi would instantly recognize him as a Mario character. He doesn't look out of place with the Mario cast, with him looking a like to Koopa Troopas.

Wario arose because Nintendo wanted to give Mario something to fight back for that belongs to him, rather than making yet another princess for him to rescue. It's pretty damn progressive for the Mario franchise back then. And his name is a clever alteration of Mario's name, in both English and in Japanese. He also did something distinguishable from Bowser, being a weird, goofy arch-rival for Mario and he also had personality when he was first revealed. I think that's why he also became popular.

If anything, Daisy's popularity is the one that was actually manufactured.

Baby Luigi said:
memoryman3 said:

How much twisting around of words and phrases do you have to undertake to try to make yourself logically sound?

Yoshi is closer to Luigi than Luigi is close to Daisy. At least Yoshi saved Luigi several times when he was a baby and they're both considered friends. In nonvideo game media, such as the Super Mario-Kun, Super Mario Adventures, Super Mario World cartoon, Yoshi is close friends with Mario and Luigi, and they're usually a group. Yoshi's role in Super Mario World, originally? Served as a power-up to Mario and was also one of the driving forces behind the plot too. Daisy's role in Super Mario Land? Being an orange Peach. They decided to bring her back only to make her Peach's partner in Mario Tennis. That's it.

And I'm pretty sure they changed Yoshi's posture in Smash to better fit his official posture. I don't know where you get this "stronger" posture from, being hunched over isn't any more evolutionary disadvantageous than being upright.

Yoshi being hunched back portrayed him as a sort of ride, like horseback. Nintendo's been moving away from this image since Yoshi's Story, to the point where they are hesitant to portray him like that. I mean, Horse Racing in Mario Sports Superstars should have honestly been called "Yoshi Racing" and had the characters riding Yoshis.

In the case of a 3D World Deluxe...maybe a Yoshi Egg would be a new powerup, with 6 different coloured Yoshis (Red Yoshi, Green Yoshi, Pink Yoshi, Blue Yoshi, Turquoise Yoshi and Orange Yoshi) It would satisfy Yoshi fans whilst being a nice callback to his proper place in the Mario franchise.

memoryman3 said:
Yes I know, but nearly all of the fan favourite ones are. And most of the "minor" ones are species like Toad, and what Yoshi should be. Mario + Luigi + Peach + Daisy would honestly make a lot of sense, even Mario Kart 8 swapped Daisy and Yoshi's places late in development to reflect this.

Yeah except for ones like, Bowser, Bowser jr, anything related to koopas even.

And if we are going to go by the logic of "main characters are all humans" Daisy is still not who I'd pick as the 4th wheel.

memoryman3 said:
Yoshi being hunched back portrayed him as a sort of ride, like horseback. Nintendo's been moving away from this image since Yoshi's Story, to the point where they are hesitant to portray him like that. I mean, Horse Racing in Mario Sports Superstars should have honestly been called "Yoshi Racing" and had the characters riding Yoshis.

In the case of a 3D World Deluxe...maybe a Yoshi Egg would be a new powerup, with 6 different coloured Yoshis (Red Yoshi, Green Yoshi, Pink Yoshi, Blue Yoshi, Turquoise Yoshi and Orange Yoshi) It would satisfy Yoshi fans whilst being a nice callback to his proper place in the Mario franchise.

Yes, I understand that Yoshi had originally a hunched over appearance, and they had changed his posture in select games so Mario can ride on him easier. So what? Character designs change over time. I'm pretty sure they changed Yoshi's posture for a reason, maybe because it's easier to animate him picking up stuff (also, would probably easier for him to drive a kart and participate in Mario Party) or whatever. Horse Racing would be awkward even if Yoshi was in his original posture, mostly because larger characters like Bowser and Donkey Kong would look even more awkward on a Yoshi than on a horse. Bowser was already silly enough on the technique horse in the game, even.

memoryman3 said:

If we're going to resort to "callback to his proper place in the Mario franchise" when referring to Yoshi, I guess the same applies to Daisy: not appearing in a Mario platformer at all.

Mcmadness said:
memoryman3 said:

Yeah except for ones like, Bowser, Bowser jr, anything related to koopas even.

And if we are going to go by the logic of "main characters are all humans" Daisy is still not who I'd pick as the 4th wheel.

Daisy would be the best choice as a fourth wheel, having close relationships with Luigi and Peach. Also, the fact she is a good willed human like the other three helps a ton.

As an 8 year old, it always frustrated me when some characters were "left out". I remember not wanting to watch any Spongebob episodes without Patrick for this reason. The Mario/Luigi/Peach/Daisy thing came from Mario Kart Wii's stuff, and I dreamt of them going on ambitious adventures with Yoshis as a means of travel....

If, SMW3DW, SMK, MK64 and MKSC tell me anything, it's that Toad is a better fourth wheel than Daisy.

Tiff said:
If, SMW3DW, SMK, MK64 and MKSC tell me anything, it's that toad is a better fourth wheel than Daisy.

And the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, and The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario Bros. 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Super Mario Run etc etc etc etc etc

the list goes on and on

Yes, the games where Toad is nothing more than an excuse to pad out the NPC quota or fill up the roster to save time. Blindingly obvious in NSMB for one.

I feel like Daisy's inclusion would be much more of an event, because she is actually an individual character with unique traits.

Back