Poll Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Mario 2D World really got me excited.

Slopes are not the most exciting addition even though it's the most revolutionary one, so in this case I am not in the same page as many people. However, the 3D World theme is the best because it's a whole new layout where everything is potentially new, such as (I presume) being able to stomp on Piranha Plants. It would be cool if they could come up with a sixth theme down the line, though.

Thank you for reading.

I like that they added selection wheels. It adds organization to the game. A built in organization. And since I like organization, I like it the most. But, I still like all these other options. And I liked how they added another Yoshi color in the game. And I'm not just saying that because that Yoshi is red. I am saying this because SMB and SMB3 (in the original SMM) had Stiletto Goomba, but SMW and NSMBU didn't have a shaken version even though it had a big version.

3DW style but really everything.

I'll definitely be going crazy with the 3D World style as soon as I get my anxious shaking hands on this treasure though.

theres a lot of great new features (although i never got the og mario maker so idek how much is new or old without checking the wiki page) but i think the highlight for me is the super mario 3d world theme, and by extension the new stage elements it brings with it. sm3dw had loads of great enemies, stage elements etc, so seeing some of those get a second lease on life is pretty great

Two games in the Mario & Luigi series have already received 3DS remakes. Would you like to see more remakes of Mario & Luigi titles?
*Yes. I thought the remakes did justice to the original games.
*Yes, if the next remake is on the Nintendo Switch.
*Yes, but only if they make the future remakes significantly more worthwhile.
*Maybe, as long as original games are released in the future too.
*No. I liked at least one of the remakes but would not want any more.
*No. I didn't care for either of the remakes.
*I think they should remake Partners in Time, but should only release original titles after that.
*I have no interest in the Mario & Luigi series or its remakes.

Partners in Time needs a remake now, but not one after another. I'm not sure how it'd work for the Switch, either, considering the two screens made it easy to keep track of both pairs of brothers.

Give us an original Switch title, though.

Option 4, but I don't think that quite conveys my opinion strongly enough. The next M&L game should be original, and they should focus primarily on original games. I wouldn't be opposed to a Partners in Time or Dream Team remake sometime in the future, though.

Option 2. I don't own a 3DS, so the only way I can experience the series is with a Switch version.

It would be preferable that the developers focus on an original setting for their next game, because they have already released two remakes in a row despite having original side games, since those side games are heavily based on said remake. Although it is not unprecedented for Mario to go through a remake phase (Super Mario Advance did it first), I hope the developers don't rely on remakes to go through this as it would seem like they are out of ideas.

If they want something new to do in a new game, perhaps they should make use of other recurring Mario characters outside Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser (and to a lesser extent, Yoshi and Toad), and also have a main villain and final boss that completely excludes Bowser. I mean, there's potential for characters like Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi or even Daisy in a Mario & Luigi game, and I hope the developers could implement something for them well.

Thank you for reading.

As of right now, I only want a Partners in Time remake if we're getting another remake. And after played and finished Partners in Time recently, I would play it when it comes out. But, if AlphaDream wants my interest in remakes, they would need more original games because we have 2/5 games remade.

Partner in Time DX and a brand new Mario and Luigi game on the Switch possibly involving Wario and Waluigi tagging along with the Bros. would be nice.

i never played the og partners in the time so i actually wouldnt mind and would probably even buy a remake of it. although i feel like the series could probably do with a break and it would be more interesting imo if they just waited and released an altogether new m&l game towards the end of the switches life cycle in a few years when the series doesnt feel so burnt out like it does rn

Partners in Time can get a remake.

AD should take their time with it, work with it when they want to rather than annualized as if it's a fucking assasin's creed game, and actually, you know remake the game, not simply paint pretty graphics over it.

New poll! (Though it's not done by me)

Nintendo is boosting its Online Service appeal with games like Super Mario Maker 2 and Tetris 99. Have these games convinced you to buy/upgrade a subscription?
  • Yes. I upgraded my subscription status immediately in anticipation of these titles.
  • I haven’t upgraded my subscription yet, but I am interested enough in these titles that I plan to do so.
  • No, because I don’t have interest in paying to use online services for these titles.
  • No, but I might upgrade if Nintendo adds SNES titles to the service.
  • No, and I would only consider it if Nintendo made a much greater number of old titles available.
  • No. I’d be more interested in the service if it focused more on features (e.g. save data backups and voice chat) than games.
  • No, because I am already at the highest subscription status.

If you don't know, I have already have a Nintendo Switch subscription that I have shared for a year, but the 8 slots have not yet been filled. Anyway, I am hoping that they added more features because while Tetris 99 is a great surprise, I hope that they could even include deeper discounts for eShop games, which is something Sony and I think MS have already been doing.

Also, is Super Mario Maker 2 confirmed to require the NSO? I thought it's possible that the sharing would be similar to Super Mario Odyssey where you don't need the subscription to use the online sharing.

Thank you for reading.

No, because the concept of paid online fucking sucks.

My answer is the third one, i.e. hell no. Not paying for online service either way. Not unless there's actually something amazing that justifies it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back