Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Statue Mario in Mario Kart 8 (where Tanooki Mario transforms into Statue Mario during an anti-gravity trick) is probably just a recolored Tanooki Mario; they didn't actually use the Statue Mario design from 3D Land. Differences include hand size (3D Land Statue Mario's hands are smaller), shading (mustache is considerably darker for MK8), eye glint (3D Land Statue Mario lacks it). The Statue in Mario Kart 8 has a visible lower lip too, and a defined chin which isn't present in 3D Land Statue Mario, but it's a normal feature of Mario. The overall mesh geometry for Statue Mario is less organic/more jagged, noticable around the ears and the mustache.

396px-StatueMario_3DL.png

MK8_Tanooki_Mario_TrickAntigrav.png

The scarf is also hidden inside Tanooki Mario's model probably so they can easily recolor Mario and also increase the size of the scarf, but decrease the size once the animation is done.

Statue Mario in Mario Kart 8 (where Tanooki Mario transforms into Statue Mario during an anti-gravity trick) is probably just a recolored Tanooki Mario; they didn't actually use the Statue Mario design from 3D Land. Differences include hand size (3D Land Statue Mario's hands are smaller), shading (mustache is considerably darker for MK8), eye glint (3D Land Statue Mario lacks it). The Statue in Mario Kart 8 has a visible lower lip too, and a defined chin which isn't present in 3D Land Statue Mario, but it's a normal feature of Mario. The overall mesh geometry for Statue Mario is less organic/more jagged, noticable around the ears and the mustache.

396px-StatueMario_3DL.png

MK8_Tanooki_Mario_TrickAntigrav.png

The scarf is also hidden inside Tanooki Mario's model probably so they can easily recolor Mario and also increase the size of the scarf, but decrease the size once the animation is done.
Whoa, yeah, he's still furry!

Well, she's not all that great of a character so I'm not bothered by that.

i wish her design wasnt pretty much a human woman with fur and a cartoony ape face....... its so ugly honestly
that said i still wanna mention how her theme in dkc1 (candys love song) sounds like club penguin music im serious

This is not exactly a Mario game, but in the Meet Super Mario Run video, the man speaking, when explaining challenge coins, says:
"Collecting them all to reveal a new set of Challenge Coins to gather"
Check it out yourselves:

Today, after who knows how long, I learned that jumping on the Kowalees in DKC Returns' Golden Temple is another way to defeat them, in addition to the usual method of flinging their bombs back at them. It's hard to do it, though, since there's only one place in the entire level where you'll ever be on high enough ground to actually jump on them.

In the Virus Vids for Dr. Mario World, the viruses have colour schemes that had an interesting choice, because they were portrayed with coloured gloves and shoes.

DMW_LINE_Thumbnail.png

Turns out the Dr. Mario World viruses were based on how the NES version portrayed them, meaning it used a more limited colour palette:
Virus_movements.gif

For references, the viruses are normally portrayed like this. Notice the more standard colours, such as the white gloves and the red tongues?
800px-VirusesReadyForAction.png

Thank you for reading.

its kinda neat theyre based on the nes sprites but dam i wish theyd just finally get a good 3d model for once, matching this artwork in particular........ the normal 3d virus design gets rid of their limbs for some reason and then weirdly edits certain other parts so the blue virus isnt allowed to have victini ears or red ears in general and it SUX

Two things about Yoshi's Island
  1. After you hit the ground after doing a Ground Pound, keeping holding down and Yoshi will stay in the pounding frame.
  2. When you eat a star, Yoshi has a licking lips animation that is a blink and you'll miss it animation.

luigi being the only mario brother who can talk started in super mario rpg and was kept for future mario installments.

i cant be completely sure about this fact, but mario rpg was the earliest i remember luigi talking, but i expect to be proven wrong

The Mario characters that have alt outfits wear the same sports shoes and socks for Mario Tennis Aces and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

MTA_Models_Mario.png
ARTv7DQ.png

MTA_Models_Waluigi.png
YCx2qPV.png

MTA_Models_Luigi.png
kHXNJmV.png

MTA_Models_Wario.png
vOSVVs6.png

I also notice that Peach and Daisy wear a new set of shoes for Mario Tennis Aces that was used later in Mario & Sonic

305px-MTA_Models_Peach.png
McIa6R2.png

331px-MTA_Models_Daisy.png
395px-MSOGT_Daisy_Table_Tennis.png

Peach and Daisy's shoes looked different before, and these was standard in the sports games. Simple shoes with a colored tip to match their primary colors.

MTUS_Peach.png
MTUS_Daisy.png

The Mario characters that have alt outfits wear the same sports shoes and socks for Mario Tennis Aces and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

MTA_Models_Mario.png
ARTv7DQ.png

MTA_Models_Waluigi.png
YCx2qPV.png

MTA_Models_Luigi.png
kHXNJmV.png

MTA_Models_Wario.png
vOSVVs6.png

I also notice that Peach and Daisy wear a new set of shoes for Mario Tennis Aces that was used later in Mario & Sonic

305px-MTA_Models_Peach.png
McIa6R2.png

331px-MTA_Models_Daisy.png
395px-MSOGT_Daisy_Table_Tennis.png

Peach and Daisy's shoes looked different before, and these was standard in the sports games. Simple shoes with a colored tip to match their primary colors.

MTUS_Peach.png
MTUS_Daisy.png
Luigi went sleeveless!

Actually, he does have a sleeved version in the Tokyo Olympics, as with anyone else (like Waluigi). But Luigi sure likes showing off his shoulders. :P

no idea why it took me so long to realize, but even in modern paper mario, paper bowser's skin color is still not bowser's current color in mario games. it's still orange as a pose to the current yellow

basically paper bowser would look something like this if he was more faithful to modern bowser (this is as close to yellow as i got)
1607406708679.png

and heres the original paper bowser
1607406946393.png

i also noticed that mario + rabbids kingdom battle did the same thing, but it makes much less sense than paper bowser considering that paper bowser is designed to look like classic bowser.
1607406869155.png

i think the latter case is just the orange lighting? ill need to check out the 3d model trophy thing ingame to verify

Back