Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

The collectables of the 3D games are things that can be found in space, maybe we'll collect mini planets next

My dad pointed that out to me: Powers Stars, Power Moons, and Shine Sprites. The sun, the moon, and the stars.

The LineLand Road music contains a short section with the melody of the "Memory" tracks

The collectables of the 3D games are things that can be found in space, maybe we'll collect mini planets next
Wait so, Stamps are from space?!
Anyways DK'S Snowboard Cross/DK Summit is the only track in MKWII To have a PAL Regeion Name (DK Summit). Also I have always heard I longer Version of Super Bell Subway and Dolphin Shoals but when Super Bell Subway played for the 2nd time (The Frontrunning Part) it skipped a little of the 1st Part. Also if you want I can put lyrics I made for Chainlink Charge.

In New Super Mario Bros. U, if you tap on a Bouncy Cloud in Boost Mode, it will blush. Also, the Lakitu's clouds in the game open their mouths in time with the music.

In Sticker Star, the lightning on the map in world 6 kind of strikes in time with the music. Very odd.

Last edited:
Through some complicated glitching in DK64, you can make it so DK is unavailable in the tag barrel, and only his yellow question mark is there, which in normal gameplay is impossible to see

speaking of the mario galaxy spin, it took me some time to realize that fire mario throwing a fireball counts as a spin. Mario's hands leave the same trail when he throws a fireball than when he spins, the only difference is the color, with the trail being red-ish when fire mario does it as a pose to the regular blue trail. same can be said for the ice flower, as the trail is a lighter blue, and the bee mushroom, as the trail is just straight up honey (however those are easy to notice). i don't think it's the case with boo mario tho.

I knew about the move for a while, but I didn't know it honed in. Finally figured it out earlier this year.

I knew about the move for a while, but I didn't know it honed in. Finally figured it out earlier this year.
same, although i found out that it can home in earlier. It's really useful, with the only downside being that it has more ending lag than a regular ground pound.

It's really too bad it's not in the manual nor do you really NEED to use it but I guess it makes things easier, especially with one Green Star in Galaxy 2.

i don't think it's even mentioned in the game's enclosed instructions book, so i guess they intended that you'd eventually find out about its existence yourself

however i lost the instructions so i can't fully confirm that

No I don't remember it being in the instruction booklet either. You can probably search the booklet online too. I see the Super Mario Galaxy one, which mentions the ground pound at page 9, but doesn't say you can do a star spin right before a ground pound to do a homing ground pound. I believe the Galaxy 2 booklet also just copy-pastes the Galaxy 1, so no "TIPS". I don't know if the Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia goes into it, though.

I didn't notice it until my mom got me a massive book called The Art of Super Mario Odyssey, but Madame Broode and Spewart have mouths in a similar shape to Bowser's. Like an upside down... trapezoid? From the top right corners, they go lightly down across and meet each other at the nose, and then... ah, just find a pic and you'll see what I mean.

for spewart id say its way way more like morton (seriously compare) but broode is def very much like bowser yea
man the broodals designs all take such obvious inspiration from koopalings

The Broodal prototypes are based off existing Mario enemies. I do wonder if fans especially the traditional Paper Mario fans, will like the older versions a lot more.

im fine with the final designs either way i think them being bnuuy fits real well but god if i wasnt just a bit obsessed with the one concept art of them as girl koopas
D-JsefSW4AADvDH

or i think theyre koopas anyway im not seein any shells . but ya get my point!

Back