Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

Saltman said:
Mario must be way richer than he is. Do you know many jobs he has had?

Maybe the reason why he had so many jobs is because none of them worked out and he kept looking for one?

I'm not sure why there are spade suits and hourglasses when the minigame has nothing to do with cards or time (except being just a reaction minigame).

Maybe Waluigi is thinking about that.

If you go offtrack in Mario Kart Wii like in Dry Dry Desert or landing way off after the Dry Dry Ruins big ramp where the character makes the same noise as if they had a bad start and Lakitu has to pick them up, you can still attempt a wheelie, and your character even can make the grunting noise they normally do when they try a wheelie and fail.

In Dr. Mario, there are a couple of sound effect that were made every now and then, them being sounding like an ambulance siren and another has five notes (I think it's in B major). I didn't know what they meant until I realise that:
1) Ambulance siren means you place a piece and it landed close to the top, so it's like a warning that it puts the player in danger
2) The five notes sound is the game basically speeding up slightly, and if Dr. Mario 64 is correct, it makes that sound after every 10 pills. It also increases the number of pills in Virus Buster Mode.

Thank you for reading.

Baby Daisy's crown is slightly lopsided

BabyDaisy-CSS-MSS.png

BabyDaisySelectMKW.png

Can you imagine it took an arrival of the new Baby Daisy plush today to make me notice that???

I didn't even bat an eye when she had a lopsided crown, on the other hand. Probably because I worked with her model in the past and I knew it was lopsided before hand. Granted, the plushie does exaggerate it a little bit.

I love the Baby Daisy plushie though! Can't wait until Baby Rosalina arrives!

tbh I noticed Baby Daisy's crown was lopsided the moment I unlocked her years ago. I thought it was befitting of Daisy's personality, not realizing that Baby Peach's crown was also lopsided. When I did notice Baby Peach's crown, I figured, "okay, but it's not as tilted as Baby Daisy's." Spoilers: It was and still is.

In Wario's Woods, clearing diagonally will raise the Thwomp if it can be risen. Yes you can also raise it if you clear more than 3 at a time or if a Diamond is cleared, but if clearing 3 in a row normally, only diagonal clears will expand the field.

Thank you for reading.

How come Mario Party 4 is that one GCN Mario Party game where you do hear characters vocalize when they lose?

The Athletic Theme in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and 2 are just remixes of the one in DS.

I'm not surprised, it's just that it wouldn't have taken me four years to listen to Smash 4 Remix of the Athletic Theme if they'd just removed the number 2 from the title of the song.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Pardon the screenshot which I taken from one of the Youtube videos)

In Wario's Woods (SNES), WARIO is the only opponent in the CPU VS mode with a fully-capitalised name. Thought PAULINE in Mario Tennis Aces (pre-patch) was the only one with it?

Thank you for reading.

:lakitu:
I always pronounced his name as "luh-key-too".
Then came Super Mario Maker.
I still didn't believe it until I thought about it, four years later, just a few days ago.
Now I know his name is pronounced "lah-kit-too".

D6IBKnIWkAEUcjb.jpg

I thought the blue was just a mere colour pick for Mario's blue eyes, but now I think it's because of the limited colour palette of the sprite art, which is a reasoning I could get behind since Mario's character design is after all based around technological limitations.

Thank you for reading.

While I'm not sure if Mario has blue eyes in the official artwork of Donkey Kong, he definitely gained blue eyes in Super Mario Bros, though his Sprite doesn't show any hint of blue, probably so he stands out better from the blue background? He got blue in Super Mario Bros. 2: Not The Lost Levels, but I think his eyes were black

I was playing Mario Party 5 the other day with a friend of mine, and I landed on a blue space during one turn on Undersea Dream, and I got 3 coins as usual. But the next turn when CPU Daisy rolled, she landed on the space I was standing on and I had yet to roll, and she found a hidden coin block.

Played some SMB2 on my NES today, noticed that the title theme has the leitmotif from the water levels from SMB. I don't know if it's coincidence (Considering the game is reskinned DDP) or not

Back