Things you didn't notice before in Mario games

BBQ Turtle said:
I was just playing Mario Kart Wii and I noticed that Luigi sometimes says thank you to Lakitu after he's been rescued. I think that's pretty cute. :luigi:

Baby Luigi says "I'm-a back" when he comes back, and he thanks Lakitu in Mario Kart 8 when he gets rescued from lava.

In Mario Kart Wii Bowser makes an undefinable sound.

In Mario Kart 8 Bowser makes an undefinable sound.

Mcmadness said:
In Mario Kart Wii Bowser makes an undefinable sound.

In Mario Kart 8 Bowser makes an undefinable sound.
In Mario Kart Wii, Bowser vaguely says "Horrible..." when he loses.

The expression that Luigi first makes during the level preview for the "Luigi and the haunted mansion" star in Ghostly Galaxy is very reminiscent of the Home Alone-esque face he makes on the boxart for Luigi's Mansion.

My Mii looks so WRONG in Mirror Mode. The hair direction really does make all the difference.
So naturally I notice right away when fanartists make Rosalina's hair in the wrong direction.

Also, in Moo Moo Meadows it's slightly faster if you don't use the ramp in the Monty Mole area.

Yeah Rosalina's mirror mode kinda triggers me , it's just so wrong to look at.

The problem of being asymmetrical

Speaking of asymmetrical, I wonder if Luigi and Waluigi's caps and emblems have reversed initials, but based on your wording I am inclined to think so, unless character textures aren't mirrored.

Thank you for reading.

The reversed initials are the reason my sister doesn't want me to play Mirror Mode versions of tracks with me. :(

I did not realise that the Birthday Girl is a shoe.

I also noticed that Wario and Waluigi have pointy trainers in Mario Tennis Aces:
MTA_Models_Waluigi.png
MTA_Wario_Racket_Broken.jpg
Do you think that means their actual feet are pointy?

BBQ Turtle said:
I did not realise that the Birthday Girl is a shoe.
I pointed that one out earlier in this thread.

I thought that kart part was something ribbon-themed, hence the name in PAL regions "Royal Ribbon".
Until I noticed in the MarioWiki article that it was a shoe.

Then again it kinda is accurate because there's literally a big ass ribbon in 60% of the kart

Also the females that use it have a special color for it and all of them happen to be royalty or something , Peach , Daisy , Rosalina and the Queen.

you know now that you mention it, a good chunk of the usual Mario Kart players are royalty

Swiftie_Luma said:
Then again it kinda is accurate because there's literally a big ass ribbon in 60% of the kart

Also the females that use it have a special color for it and all of them happen to be royalty or something , Peach , Daisy , Rosalina and the Queen.
That's pretty much why I prefer the PAL name for that kart. I find it more fitting than "Birthday Girl". There are quite a few Mario Kart vehicles that get that treatment from me.

Mcmadness said:
you know now that you mention it, a good chunk of the usual Mario Kart players are royalty

all the mario females are pretty much either royalty or pink

i think pauline would be the only exception?

idk some people see wiggler as a guy

Well for Royalty we got
Peach
Daisy
Arguably Rosalina (she wears a crown but I don't think has been referred to as a princess or queen in an actual game)
Bowser
Bowser jr
Mario is debatable the king of Mario land from Super Mario Land 2
Wario has his own castle so one could argue he's like a lesser king of a small area.
King Boo
DK has his own island so one COULD argue he's like royalty in a "king of the jungle" kind of way.

Am I forgetting anyone?

if you want to count lesser characters in mario kart...

honey queen and maybe wendy o. koopa

Propeller Knight said:
Wiggler is also a female, while not being royal.
I really wish people would view Wiggler as female just so we can artificially balance the male/female ratio in those games :'(

I view Wiggler as Wiggler

Back