Most Notable Mario Fanart? [Sourcing your images are encouraged]

dcg8m5u-d009c046-71bd-41e2-932f-cde5022b61aa.png

There, happy?

I would love it if there was a variation of Mario sitting in a room on a chair next to the table, he makes exactly that face, and he says, "This is fine".

i do actually try to give him and luigi these collars when i draw them beacuse it looks cute.. i dont really know how to draw the collars though

181i4x9mavphhpng.png

181i4whzxazkzpng.png

181i4vy9qdee1png.png

Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/super-mario-bros-recycled-cans/ (Note: Not artist's website; check their website under the post)

So this is interesting: Mario characters crafted using recycled drink cans, and with some creativity using various colours, it is in fact possible to make cartoon characters out of it, including Mario ones.

Thank you for reading.

D9YOSkMWkAMUB0V.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/melontoyo/status/1141115884691476481

It's Goomba and Kuriboh (of Yu-Gi-Oh fame) together, along with their winged counterparts! If you are not familiar, note that in Japanese, Goomba and Kuriboh have the same name (クリボー). It's just that when it comes to English, Goomba was renamed, but Kuriboh mostly kept its name.

Thank you for reading.

I knew about Kuriboh being a Yu Gi Oh monster first so knowing the Goomba Japanese name made me go, "wait, isn't that the name of that duel monster?"

They sorta are, just inconveniently located in the system you use to boot up. It's annoying you can't really review controls and overview of the game before putting the card/disc into the system. I remember doing this when I had no access to the game system, such as waiting in a car. Digital manuals tend to be lame and more useless than the physical ones from my experience.

Exactly

Physical manuals were so amazing man, they always had those interesting details, you'd understand the game best when you read them, and they're really fun to look into.

Their disappearance is probably one of the things I'd try to prevent if I could go to the past and change something.

I concur that most of the digital manuals doesn't have the same touch as a physical one, but if I could bring up a shining example of a digital manual, I will bring up the latest Paper Mario game. Paper Mario: Colour Splash has a very brilliant instruction manual, even though it's a digital manual. I know Paper Mario's new entries are not that well-liked, so it's doesn't get talked about. If you want the gist of it, Colour Splash's manual is pretty colourful and has its own background music, and there are parts that are covered that you can tap to reveal its contents (which makes sense for what the game contains: unravelling whited out patches), and the nice thing is that some parts pertain to later parts of the game meaning it's basically like a spoiler tag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLYz40635NM

I do say that there are many things that Colour Splash did that are brilliant, even if it's unlikely that Paper Mario fans would acknowledge.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I concur that most of the digital manuals doesn't have the same touch as a physical one, but if I could bring up a shining example of a digital manual, I will bring up the latest Paper Mario game. Paper Mario: Colour Splash has a very brilliant instruction manual, even though it's a digital manual.

Thank you for reading.
I remembered Super Mario Maker 1's digital manual.

Forde said:
Exactly

Physical manuals were so amazing man, they always had those interesting details, you'd understand the game best when you read them, and they're really fun to look into.

Their disappearance is probably one of the things I'd try to prevent if I could go to the past and change something.

Eh, saves paper so I'm fine with it.

Back