2001: A Mario Odyssey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwOa03-MqWU

"Oh yeah! Let's-a kid-a-napp-a the princess like-a Bowser does!"

Sunshine Yoshi said:
I just think Nintendo should stop porting last-gen games entirely. I mean, those old "deluxe" ports were okay because they added substantial content to the game, and because they only made two. Wii U and Switch owners alike bought them. But these straight ports that add nothing but a New Funky Mode or a Mario Odyssey cash-in are hurting the Switch and becoming its primary weakness. In that case, Switch owners are buying them, while most Wii U owners are avoiding them. People blame the Wii U for riding off the success of the Wii, but the Switch is trying too hard to be the console that the Wii U wasn't. That's a fine principle for advertising purposes, but reusing the Wii U's library isn't helping the Switch at all. Nintendo needs to make new games, not ports.

And these ports are all the more confusing considering that not a single Virtual Boy game has been ported or remade.
But porting games helps the Switch because they simply can't make new games fast enough so they need to fill in the gaps with ports. Just imagine how barren this year would be without ports. It'd frankly be 2013 all over again. And porting these games certainly doesn't hurt the Wii U because it's dead and gone; nobody's buying a Wii U in 2018 and very few Wii U owners are buying games for the console anymore. It's actually the same misconception that follows Smash clones: just like clones are extras to pad out the roster in Smash and are not replacing full characters, ports pad out the Switch's library without replacing new games. I know it can be hard as a Wii U owner to see all these games that you already bought being ported, but it's for the greater good as it will attract more people who didn't own a Wii U to buy the Switch, making Nintendo more successful and therefore able to keep making new games!

That being said, I don't think they necessarily need to port anymore Wii U games then they already have, but I think what they've done so far is justified. I would like to see Mario Maker come over in some way, but a Splatoon 2-style sequel might be better for that. And about the Virtual Boy, I think Nintendo wants to leave that mess in the past.

It was actually leaked earlier.

Mario's great as a crossdresser though! I'll use that costume once I get it.

that face paired with that costume is that of a serial killer

I'VE GOT IT!

No, not the costume. I think I understand how they're going to release the rest of the datamined costumes. I was thinking that once they release all the Broodal costumes, that they would (in my dreams) release the rest alongside a big DLC pack for Odyssey's one year anniversary. But then I realized that two of the remaining costumes, Zombie Mario and Santa Mario, will probably be released in October and December respectively.

You know, my favourite part about it is the fact that Bowser that it looks awesome, like the Bowser outfit.

Hey guys. mods said it was fine for me to shill this here:

We're currently running a Super Mario Odyssey Scavenger Hunt! The clues are already posted and all of the rules and guidelines are located in the first post. There's no need to sign up; all you have to do is send in a guess and you'll be added to the score chart!

Perhaps, to answer my earlier question, this is what the pink lava was: https://www.facebook.com/ABC7NY/videos/395526357647610/

This is created by salts, and in the game, there are mounds of salt on the islands in the luncheon levels. Perhaps it's enough salt to be lethal (in addition to the water being boiling hot).

super-mario-odyssey-starter-pack-571951.27.jpg

You guys seen this? Its pretty awesome! It really reminds me of Sonic Mania Plus, the way it comes with a game and a book to accompany it. Might sell my old copy and score myself this, because its the same price.

So, Rosalina was being planned for SMO.
DoLpvUyU4AAbk8a.jpg

Toadette and Green fairy one from 3D World was planned costumes.

DoLnZflU4AE66_Z.png

DoLnZe-UYAMa0dJ.png

CamTro said:
So, Rosalina was being planned for SMO.
DoLpvUyU4AAbk8a.jpg

Toadette and Green fairy one from 3D World was planned costumes.

DoLnZflU4AE66_Z.png

DoLnZe-UYAMa0dJ.png

Rosalina looks cool with a guitar. Oy, Swiftie Luma, get over here!

Sprixie costume? AND Toadette (which would be fine I suppose)?...why not just a Toad costume?

why do i find mario dressed in toadette's outfit fucking disturbing?

though rosalina in that outfit, i actually like really, really much, wish that was in the game.

Moldomré said:
Sprixie costume? AND Toadette (which would be fine I suppose)?...why not just a Toad costume?
It is very fine.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
why do i find mario dressed in toadette's outfit fucking disturbing?
Whaddya mean, it's great.

This can join the chicken suit of being the peak of unused ideas in the Mario series

DoLnZfCU0AATDOH.jpg

Back